Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is making trading volume?  (Read 81 times)
Cjsantos01 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:57:29 AM

I am a newbie still studying all of this but I came across something that is boggling my mind... in Gate.io you cannot deposit nor withdraw ripple for some time now but still it has 400k volume in 24h, who is buying and selling ripple there? Please don’t say people who already got ripple there cause there is no point in buying ripple if you can’t get it out, you would end up just paying fees for nothing.
Could this volume be fake? If so could other exchanges that have the same problem (no D/W) do the same thing just to rank higher on trading volume?
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

Please don’t say people who already got ripple there cause there is no point in buying ripple if you can’t get it out, you would end up just paying fees for nothing.
While that's true, crypto investors are pretty irrational, and often they just trade to desperately cling to a profit, so it's possible that they intend to buy into Ripple temporarily and sell out when they want to withdraw.  After all, I suppose most people withdraw in BTC when they finish trading.
Could this volume be fake?
Yes, but I think it's plausible that it's not.
If so could other exchanges that have the same problem (no D/W) do the same thing just to rank higher on trading volume?
Yes.  They could also do it to manipulate the market, and many people speculate about the possibility of exchanges doing this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: