Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 05:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Miners become "SICK" after 20 mins  (Read 570 times)
dcquin31 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:54:25 PM

Hello,

Today I went up from running one Stable USB Eruptor and my laptop VIDcard on BFGminer... to 4 USB eruptors on the 7 port D-link powered hub. However I can only get it to run for about 20 minutes and then they all light up and become "SICK"? then it crashes BFG miner and I have to restart my laptop. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance.
signals

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:22:29 PM

Just a completely uneducated guess from a newbie: but could it be heat be a problem? Maybe you aren't moving enough air (or cold enough air) to keep 4 of them from getting too toasty?

Can you run 2 without issue? How about 3?
dcquin31 (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:52:56 PM

I have them spaced, every other port... and I tried to run just two at a time and the same thing happened. Also, I have a fan on them.
davmp

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:59:34 PM

Perhaps this is a problem worthy of reporting to BFGMiner?   Does it generate a crash dump or anything when it dies?
astutiumRob

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 02:54:33 AM

what's the specification of the PSU for the hub ?
what USB numbers do you get in your OS ?
have you tried building it up 1 miner at a time to see what point it becomes unstable ?

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: