Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you try to be conscious about your carbon footprint?  (Read 99 times)
Enbloc (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:22:30 AM

In the last couple years, I've found myself becoming more and more aware of the waste I was producing. I try to recycle whenever it is feasible. I really like computers and other energy hungry hobbies; for this reason, I'm a huge supporter of green energy adoption. I think that trying to mitigate your energy usage only goes so far before you should really just examine the source of your energy. I also can't wait for electric cars. I drive thousands of miles a year in the Midwestern US and I hate having to do it using fossil fuels.

Do you care about the environment? Is it a daily thought in your mind? What are some aspects of your carbon footprint you have tried to improve?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:19:59 PM

Save for electricity, I don't really have a large carbon footprint since I commute, etc. I barely think of it.
RossMack

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:48:06 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 12:31:02 PM by RossMack

I personally don't think about it a lot, but it has gone through my mind before. I use a lot of fuel to get around in my car, and I do think as soon as we are electric cars will be the better for the world. but I don't think that will be enough, to save the Planet. the way the world is going at this rate, I don't think the world can handle another couple of thousand years, that's my opinion a lot of people sweep it under the rug because they're not going to be alive, then but people don't think about future generations.
I personally live in Scotland, and the fishing number of Atlantic salmon in the last couple hundred years is a quarter, of what I used to be this is the same for a lot of different animals, right now it's not just humans were impacting its a lot of different animals. what do you guys think? do you think we could do something to repair the damage we have done, or do you think we're just going to keep on going down the same path and keep on Harming the planet, and damaging the world? when do you think that electric cars overtake normal cars because, at the minute, it seems like they're not going to overtake them anytime soon, this is from whatever I've heard so I could be wrong, if so if you can let me know.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

In the last couple years, I've found myself becoming more and more aware of the waste I was producing. I try to recycle whenever it is feasible. I really like computers and other energy hungry hobbies; for this reason, I'm a huge supporter of green energy adoption. I think that trying to mitigate your energy usage only goes so far before you should really just examine the source of your energy. I also can't wait for electric cars. I drive thousands of miles a year in the Midwestern US and I hate having to do it using fossil fuels.

Do you care about the environment? Is it a daily thought in your mind? What are some aspects of your carbon footprint you have tried to improve?

When I was in high school/university, I cared a lot about our environment.

I did rallies / walks / fund raisers etc.

When I was around 30 I realized even if I could grow to be the most influential person in my country, I wouldn't even make a dent in the global market.  This is really an "all or nothing" project.  If China will not cooperate, what I do is insignificant.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
elenam91

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:33:37 PM

Air travel is usually the largest component of the carbon footprint of frequent flyers. A single return flight from London to New York – including the complicated effects on the high atmosphere – contributes to almost a quarter of the average person’s annual emissions. The easiest way to make a big difference is to go by train or not take as many flights.
Just be conscious in the way you live.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: