Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:13:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get BTG?  (Read 113 times)
N-rG (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:23:27 AM

Hi,

I want to download the client from BTG here https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/ and then get access to my coins I held before that fork in my BTC Core Wallet.

How do I have to proceed that everything is secure and successful?

I found some articles in the web which just leads to third party wallets which I dont want to use. I have no problem to load the full btg blockchain.

Any advices or weblinks with step by step manuals?

Ty
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:48:30 AM

Hi,

I want to download the client from BTG here https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/ and then get access to my coins I held before that fork in my BTC Core Wallet.

How do I have to proceed that everything is secure and successful?

I found some articles in the web which just leads to third party wallets which I dont want to use. I have no problem to load the full btg blockchain.

Any advices or weblinks with step by step manuals?

Ty
First you have to save your private key, then send your bitcoins to another address, and then do the operation, otherwise the bitcoin will be stolen.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:50:37 AM

As you know there are 2 ways to to obtain btg, by trading (buying) or claiming over your past bitcoin.
If you are planning to use your past btc I suggest you to empty your wallet (embed to that private key) then use your key on one btg wallet. It will make you claim your gold safely.
N-rG (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:13:14 AM

ty guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: