Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:23:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent news: China is shutting down cryptomining  (Read 168 times)
Chokolo (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:16:34 AM

Oh this wont be pretty for Bitcoin and Ethereum. Chinese miners and mining pools make up for a big portion of the network. Regulation have now begun.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cnLedger/status/949468263800479744

RIP Bitcoin
D-Fault

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:47:27 AM

Ughm ... wasn't the mining and the whole cryptocurrency been already banned in China? Slowpoked?  Cheesy
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:09:25 PM

This news came out a couple of days ago. But this almost did not affect the price of Ethereum and bitcoin. All expected that the cost will decrease, as in China there are a lot of miners. However, this did not happen. And the currencies are quite stable. Perhaps this will affect the market a little later. But the Chinese projects are developing rapidly and the government can not do anything about it.
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:17:35 PM

China is not shutting down cryptocurrency mining completely, just the errant mining companies.

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/04/china-btc-mining-shakedown/
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:19:14 PM

The reason they are shutting down miners is that they are using too much electricity and in some parts of china electricity is free.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Stonesteel

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:20:37 PM

shutting down cryptomining in China is not new anymore. It barely affects the crypto community today.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:21:17 PM

Electricity isnt the big problem,the greedy people who is taking advantage the crypto for their wealth,there will a lot of powerful people in the chinese if the china dont regulate cryptocurrency,chinese are too racist to each other

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chokolo (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:22:00 PM

This news came out a couple of days ago. But this almost did not affect the price of Ethereum and bitcoin. All expected that the cost will decrease, as in China there are a lot of miners. However, this did not happen. And the currencies are quite stable. Perhaps this will affect the market a little later. But the Chinese projects are developing rapidly and the government can not do anything about it.

No the news came yesterday on western media. Bitcoin is already going down value. Wouldnt surprise me to see a huge crash in price.
natasha-lev

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

Very interesting news. But I am not sure that we understand those regulations in the correct way. It doesn't mean that BTC rip. Think that we need to prepare money for buying cheap crypto with the current FUD.
Chokolo (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:25:25 PM

China is not shutting down cryptocurrency mining completely, just the errant mining companies.

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/04/china-btc-mining-shakedown/

Didnt you read the news? It is also about miners not paying tax. China wants a big piece of the cake and the numbers of miners not paying tax are probably HUGE
sarfwr

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:26:07 PM

Oh this wont be pretty for Bitcoin and Ethereum. Chinese miners and mining pools make up for a big portion of the network. Regulation have now begun.

RIP Bitcoin
In fact, China has no effect on cryptocurrency markets, and this foolish country has given up its pricing power.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:27:24 PM

No the news came yesterday on western media. Bitcoin is already going down value. Wouldnt surprise me to see a huge crash in price.

Are you kidding? that sounds like cause when the word banned comes up the only thing that happens is bitcoin going up.

natasha-lev

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:27:39 PM

Even if China closes mining - its good for worldwide decentralization of BTC mining. Secondly, look at envion ICO. They are making movable containers for mining with cheap energy.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:29:24 PM

RIP Bitcoin
May be we have more power for mining? I think! Mining need more support from country! Because blockchain verry attractive
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:38:20 PM

I thought it was already banned in China. so you're telling that was illegal to trade with crypctocurrency in China but legal to mine it? sounds like a fake news.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:44:31 PM

I thought it was already banned in China. so you're telling that was illegal to trade with crypctocurrency in China but legal to mine it? sounds like a fake news.

China banned bitcoin for the 1210th time and people here asking --> "did china ban bitcoin?" hehe

LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:47:49 PM

It seems to me that after the autumn news from China about the prohibition of bitcoin this news will not scare anyone. This is all manipulation kryptorkom. And someone pursues their goals by releasing such news.
nicedreams

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:50:11 PM

RIP Bitcoin
Come back when China outlaw miner or mining and willing to send miners to gulag. If not then not really gonna put down Chinese miners and their way.
a6ledn218

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:51:29 PM

In fact, this news is simply nothing in words. As the rectification and disposal of the mine started last year, especially after the exchange was closed down in the country last year, the relevant regulatory agencies also discussed about the mine However, the conclusion is that the reasons for the closure of the mine are not sufficient and that the mine has not caused any more social problems and the risk point is not clear and no specific arrangements have been made
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:53:05 PM

RIP Bitcoin

The effect seems different from what you expected. The price pumped in the last 24 hours. It seems that the crypto community is already tired of hearing FUD news coming from China. It has no effect anymore.

Anyway, if ever its true there is ample enough miners coming from other countries to cover what will be lost.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: