Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:32:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What questions should you ask on an ICO thread?  (Read 166 times)
bramborakymilenec (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:47:09 AM

hello all,

I am curious to see what questions do you think you should ask on an ICO announcement thread. I think this thread could be a great learning tool for the newbies here on what they should be looking for.

So what do you think? What questions do you ask when you click on an ICO announcement thread?
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:21:31 PM

hello all,

I am curious to see what questions do you think you should ask on an ICO announcement thread. I think this thread could be a great learning tool for the newbies here on what they should be looking for.

So what do you think? What questions do you ask when you click on an ICO announcement thread?

It will vary by project. Things you need to know include: use-case of the coin, roadmap, white paper, team members and their credentials, competitors, potential problems and how the team aim to overcome them, distribution of coins (mining, staking, % split - how much will devs get? how much will be in immediate circulation?), wallets, exchange listings, etc etc. It just goes on and on really!
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:50:11 PM

hello all,

It will vary by project. Things you need to know include: use-case of the coin, roadmap, white paper, team members and their credentials, competitors, potential problems and how the team aim to overcome them, distribution of coins (mining, staking, % split - how much will devs get? how much will be in immediate circulation?), wallets, exchange listings, etc etc. It just goes on and on really!
You can add the partners of the project,possible users if it has product or services,these are just the basic things you need to check before you invest in an ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LucasHd

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:56:38 PM

I think first of all, when you look at ICO, look at the white paper on the project first. Give your questions according to the detailed description in it. For example, the project team situation. Technical situation. Road map. Future development direction and so on. Each project is different. Ask questions to eliminate your questions according to the actual situation. Only if you understand all the problems, you are confident in investing in this ICO project
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:56:53 PM

hello all,

Yes, this is not a complete list. Of course you can go the easier way. To see whether the project has collected enough money to start, where they are going to spend the collected money, whether they have a demo, a prototype, a working product at the ICO stage. Who supports this project and recommends for investment. But this is not enough to be protected from scammers. More information, more time spent studying the project - less chance of being deceived.
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:07:09 PM

hello all,

I usually ask for location base of the team.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:07:47 PM

It depends on what information is missing or unclear in the white paper.

I mostly ask about the plans on development and more details about the roadmap.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:40:49 PM

The legal structure and place of incorporation is as important as the project itself. You don't want to be dealing with a shell or fake company that may eventually run away with your money.

Nukleo

Activity: 425

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:46:12 PM

It all depends on the ICO description, I often wonder how long the ICO will last.
Rudementry

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

The main questions are:
- Is the product useful for society enough?
- Is this a new idea, if it is an old one, then what is the difference from many others?
- if the people, publications, companies that support this product are eligible?
- do they have a clear plan or do white paper look like an empty space?
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:59:54 PM

I think most answers of questions can be found on the whitepaper and its official website, the most questions to ask for me is the token sale details since it is hard to confirm usually.
roganite

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:35:14 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is looking for questions that would be asked on any ICO thread, I think it is obvious that there will be a variety of different questions as ICO's will differ from team, industry and many other ways.

I think this thread could be great to give to newbies so they can just use these questions to get a general base and then ask more specific questions.
dark1jerk

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:46:10 PM

hello all,

Best question to ask on an ICO is what are their projects or future platforms  on their ICO.
Better projects gets extreme investors.
cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:12:48 PM

I would ask about the numbers of tokens, the allocation and look into all the numbers. They should have thought long and hard about the system in place.

I would also ask them why they need a alt coin.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:22:39 PM

By far the most important thing it ask them is why do they need an alt coin in the first place? What benefit does this give to the current market over a fiat currency?

If they can't even respond to that, walk away fast.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:35:10 PM

. You have a lot to ask. Especially how much and when their ico ends. This should be one you need to know before investing in ico. You get here to know if it's true and not a scam. There are now a lot of scam projects and that's what we have to pay attention to how this can be avoided,

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:54:36 PM

I would ask the team about the use cases of the coin, how developed is the project, what is the roadmap like, what happens if the project doesn't reach its hard cap, and who is part of the team. I'm sure there are more, but these are just the ones I could think of at the moment.

beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:35:49 PM

Roadmap is very important, ask about what they plan to do if they reach their goals.

You want to see what they are spending the raised money on.
iloveturtles

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

Look into their team, I know it's not a question but it is very important.
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:48:23 PM

Some write about the big bounty pool and do not indicate that this is a percentage of the sold tokens - this is my first question.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: