Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc = greed?  (Read 1360 times)
realestone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:49:10 AM

i'm all about making a profit but what ive noticed is outright greed i know it isnt illegal to turn a profit but still feels wrong to make 300% off someone like some of these guys do selling asics on ebay etc even more then that what are you guys take on it
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:06:33 AM

It's supply and demand. Some eBay buyers are paying a big mark-up because they want an item that can only be purchased directly with bitcoin. Others bid large amounts and never pay. By the time a seller pays PayPal and eBay fees he's lucky to make any profit.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:15:10 AM

i'm all about making a profit but what ive noticed is outright greed i know it isnt illegal to turn a profit but still feels wrong to make 300% off someone like some of these guys do selling asics on ebay etc even more then that what are you guys take on it

If it pisses you off, you can report each listing to eBay, as they don't allow the sale of bitcoin related products.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:16:03 AM

If it pisses you off, you can report each listing to eBay, as they don't allow the sale of bitcoin related products.   Wink

snitches get stitches lol
guoweang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:00:19 AM

Why does it bother you? Is it because you can't (serious ?, no pun intended)?

Otherwise you hate them because they know how to flip a profit. You better hate wal-mart too, McD's, you get the hint. These are just smaller portions. If they can flip a product for x3-x4 then why not, I sure would if I had the desire to go that route. I prefer something a little more stable, NOT paypal.

g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:02:25 AM

GreeTC :-)
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:08:51 AM

I sure would if I had the desire to go that route. I prefer something a little more stable, NOT paypal.
I agree.
I get the feeling they got surprise coming in. Like their paypal accounts frozen, when they are at their peak Smiley

Paypal/eBay will not block you outright, they will wait a little bit, untill you sell more, gather more info on you, and then BAM!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
guoweang

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:22:37 AM

I sure would if I had the desire to go that route. I prefer something a little more stable, NOT paypal.
I agree.
I get the feeling they got surprise coming in. Like their paypal accounts frozen, when they are at their peak Smiley

Paypal/eBay will not block you outright, they will wait a little bit, untill you sell more, gather more info on you, and then BAM! http://24.media.tumblr.com/c8af5744cc0881a5eab61b296b5e15c6/tumblr_mjj9ewSrfY1s7kzxmo1_500.gif

Exactly. Sell an avalon for 30k and you're at the top of the world, until the day comes when they chargeback and you are out everything. Not smart.

I tell you what though, whoever does sell them on ebay has balls of steal to risk it.
frankzro

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:06:33 PM

Yes.

realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:03:00 PM

Otherwise you hate them because they know how to flip a profit. You better hate wal-mart too, McD's, you get the hint. These are just smaller portions. If they can flip a product for x3-x4 then why not, I sure would if I had the desire to go that route. I prefer something a little more stable, NOT paypal.

no it bothers me because it takes advantage of some poor sucker whose just getting into bitcoin and has no idea that he will never reach ROI i didnt start this thread to start any arguments just trying to see if anyone else shared the same view as i
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

btc is greed, however, I'm selling steam games 50% or more off Cheesy

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:55:24 PM

They don't allow the sale of Bitcoins.  Or any other virtual currency (like WoW Gold, EVE ISK, etc).

Not Bitcoin related products.  Are they going to ban ATI graphics cards?  USB hubs?  No, they aren't, and they're Bitcoin related products.

Get your facts straight. Smiley
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:43:56 PM

They don't allow the sale of Bitcoins.  Or any other virtual currency (like WoW Gold, EVE ISK, etc).

Not Bitcoin related products.  Are they going to ban ATI graphics cards?  USB hubs?  No, they aren't, and they're Bitcoin related products.

They don't allow the sale of bitcoins? Did they miss the first 700+ offers?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=bitcoins&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.Xbitcoin&_nkw=bitcoin&_sacat=0
HereToTrade

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:17:08 PM

Never mind McD`s for example nike all their stuff is made in china. Correct me if I am wrong but I heard that for them to make a pair of runners it costs 1 euro then they ship that into EU where the are sold for 50+ euro. And us poor suckers, we buy them.
bigbtcboss

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:25:02 PM

if they don't want you selling them on ebay they should just delete the listing not ban you.
EscrowBTC

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:09:13 PM

Greed? Don't think so.

Call it "competition".
guoweang

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:30:36 AM

no it bothers me because it takes advantage of some poor sucker whose just getting into bitcoin and has no idea that he will never reach ROI i didnt start this thread to start any arguments just trying to see if anyone else shared the same view as i

You're logic is flawed. If they have 10k to spend on something they "has no idea" then I don't feel bad at all and I doubt they do either.

I'm sure people can't just get their hands on enough bitcoin to make these purchases so they end up paying a steep vig for hardware. I see nothing wrong with this if the buyer is willingly bidding. I am sure they did their homework on what these do. If they didn't, well like I said I don't feel bad they lose their 10k.
Gleason

Activity: 207

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:32:13 AM

They don't allow the sale of bitcoins? Did they miss the first 700+ offers?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=bitcoins&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.Xbitcoin&_nkw=bitcoin&_sacat=0

You can sell bitcoins on ebay. But when they pay via Paypal, you are fucked. Paypal ( or, most likely the buyer ) will report it. Buyer will receive a full refund ( after he already has the bitcoins you sent ) , and Paypal will lock your account until you provide proper documentation of a business that can handle currency exchanges / conversions etc.

-Brian

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:54:49 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 08:10:08 AM by PrintMule

if they don't want you selling them on ebay they should just delete the listing not ban you.

they delete your listing, and make a warning

next (or next next next) time your account can be suspended

also there's paypal, which has it's own rules and guidelines

I remember back in a day they froze one guy charity account, and he had to give his own money back to all donators, just because paypal had something against certain charities in their guidelines.

████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
frankzro

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:02:23 AM

There is no such thing as "greed" if there is a buyer.

Its greed when you make more than enough and then some, yet you still bought 70 6990s and like 5 BFL 20k miners... I would call that greed because even after all that you still have money to blow...  Greed
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: