Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:50:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chainswap.io – Real-time exchange rates for any crypto coin pair  (Read 290 times)
padho (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

Hi,

today I would like to share a project that I'm currently working on.

Chainswap.io is a web application that calculates real-time exchange rates for any crypto coin pair (at least the top 100 by market cap).
Additionally, it combines several crypto exchange APIs and checks wether a certain coin or token is available for trading or not.

Link: https://chainswap.io

It is also possible to share certain exchange pairs via the following url pattern:
chainswap.io/#/{COIN_SYMBOL}/{COIN_SYMBOL}

For example Monero <> Neo would be:
https://chainswap.io/#/XMR/NEO

The app is currently not optimized for smartphones.

Thanks, feedback is appreciated.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 06:01:24 PM

Few suggestions:

1. I did a quick check and noticed the exchange button appear only for exchanges that are available in changelly, so it would be nice to have this feature for other combinations that are available across other exchanges as well. Also changelly hasn't been that good lately (a lot of complaints and scam accusations against them). I know your trying to use it as a way to earn through their referral link (that is in the exchange now button) but it would be best to look for alternatives.

2. Whenever there's a possible available change (on changelly) that the "Exchange now" button appears, upon clicking it, the second altcoin on changelly (right one) turns to ... (dots) instead of the actual numbers that has been chosen from your site (in case it's something from your side) and users have to delete the numbers from the left altcoin and type it again, so it would appear normally.

I really like how you made the bottom half of the website (in order to see the places that each coin is available, although some appear to be without any).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:14:26 AM

This is brilliant. Bookmarked. I'll provide some more feedback as I use it more and more, but do you plan on adding more altcoins to it? And when do you plan on releasing a beta release for mobile devices? And lastly, do you plan on creating a widget or code that we can use to implement this on our own websites?

This beats having to do manual conversions, so thank you for this Smiley

padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:38:14 PM

Thanks for the comments so far!

The mobile usable version will be released soon, I guess during the upcoming week.

I did not yet think about an embeddable widget but I wrote it down on my feature request list Smiley

There are more things planned so far, for example that historical data can also be used.
From_Enki_to_Merkur

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:08:30 PM

do you plan a mobile android app or not ??
padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:07:41 AM

Currently, there is a mobile version of the website and an iOS app in the making.
After those are finished, I might also provide an Android version.
From_Enki_to_Merkur

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:14:19 AM

Currently, there is a mobile version of the website and an iOS app in the making.
After those are finished, I might also provide an Android version.
OK....THANK for information  Wink
padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:14:55 AM

The web app should now be properly usable on mobile devices.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:24:53 AM

The web app should now be properly usable on mobile devices.

Can confirm. Used both the iPhone and the iPad to test your site. Just a little bit of feedback. Is there anyway to reduce the gap spacing between coin options in the dropdowns? It gets to be a bit much to have to scroll so much, especially having the coins not listed in alphabetical order.

And I'm not sure if this is possible, but when selecting on the fields to enter the coin amount, can you have it coded to display the numeric keyboard instead of the alphabetic one? I know it's a small thing, but it's the finite details in a mobile-friendly site that make a huge difference.

I've been using your site religiously for the past few days... It's saved me so much time from having to go back and forth on a calculator and notes file to do manual conversions for my portfolio lol. Can you post your BCH address for a coffee donation?

padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

Thanks for your feedback!
I did some more updates.

Is there anyway to reduce the gap spacing between coin options in the dropdowns? It gets to be a bit much to have to scroll so much, especially having the coins not listed in alphabetical order.

The size of the icons and the spacing is reduced.

And I'm not sure if this is possible, but when selecting on the fields to enter the coin amount, can you have it coded to display the numeric keyboard instead of the alphabetic one? I know it's a small thing, but it's the finite details in a mobile-friendly site that make a huge difference.

The iOS and Android will now show the numeric keyboard instead of the textual one.

I've been using your site religiously for the past few days... It's saved me so much time from having to go back and forth on a calculator and notes file to do manual conversions for my portfolio lol. Can you post your BCH address for a coffee donation?

That's nice to hear but I'm also thankful for feedback. I added a donations address (12XDY1rsavgta3JtcxwNpbyYihkzwLqECZ) for anyone who wants to support the project Wink

BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:50:50 PM

Awesome! Site looks great on mobile! Any plans for an app in the future? And you should consider moving this thread to the Service Announcements section; you'll get more traction and traffic from that board. I'm curious to see how your traffic numbers are!

I've sent you a small donation to your BCH address for a coffee or two. Keep up the great work, and I hope to see a widget in the future; it's a great way to get your branding across multiple websites, and I'm always hearing from people about how annoying it is to have to manually convert their balance from one crypto to another. If you get this out widespread, it'll be great for your site.

Cheers!

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:12:40 PM

Hi,

today I would like to share a project that I'm currently working on.

Chainswap.io is a web application that calculates real-time exchange rates for any crypto coin pair (at least the top 100 by market cap).
Additionally, it combines several crypto exchange APIs and checks wether a certain coin or token is available for trading or not.

Link: https://chainswap.io

It is also possible to share certain exchange pairs via the following url pattern:
chainswap.io/#/{COIN_SYMBOL}/{COIN_SYMBOL}

For example Monero <> Neo would be:
https://chainswap.io/#/XMR/NEO

The app is currently not optimized for smartphones.

this website is a great idea especially since we wont have the US dollar nor bitcoin as a lead currency in the future,

regards

padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

Awesome! Site looks great on mobile! Any plans for an app in the future? And you should consider moving this thread to the Service Announcements section; you'll get more traction and traffic from that board. I'm curious to see how your traffic numbers are!

I've sent you a small donation to your BCH address for a coffee or two. Keep up the great work, and I hope to see a widget in the future; it's a great way to get your branding across multiple websites, and I'm always hearing from people about how annoying it is to have to manually convert their balance from one crypto to another. If you get this out widespread, it'll be great for your site.

Cheers!

Thank you again!
A widget is in the making.
Hariz

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:58:20 AM

This looks great! Will you be supporting this through an iOS app as well?

┨▪ ▪ ▪❒ SEND ❒▪ ▪ ▪┠
A token designed for massive adoption
                          ╌┨Whitepaper┠╌
╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗
Website       Facebook       Twitter        Telegram       LinkedIn
╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝
padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 04:42:48 PM

This looks great! Will you be supporting this through an iOS app as well?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm working on an iOS app but it'll take some time to be released Smiley
padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

Update:

• Updated UI and colors for cleaner and more lightweight UX
  • You can now see how a coin performed relatively to another one in the last hour
  • Added Discord Channel (only user is me currently  Cheesy)

Historical prices are in the making.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:35:28 PM

Interesting website, now i don't need to use calculator to compare value of each altcoin and you even add websites to buy altcoin we select. I suggest you give option to show the altcoin coin value in BTC or fiat as well Smiley

Not sure if you've visited the website or not, but this option is already there. If you select an altcoin, such as Ethereum, as I've shown in my screenshot below, the USD fiat value is available. If you pair it with BTC, as shown in the screenshot, it will show the value of the Ethereum value that you've indicated in the first pairing option (or vice versa; if you change the value of 1 BTC, it will show you the amount of Ethereum that it's worth).

Unless you were talking about having an option to show the value of multiple fiat currencies... Then actually, yes, this may be of value. But it's just that there are so many damn currencies, so maybe just the most common currencies, such as USD, CAN, EUR, GBP, INR, CNY, KRN, JPY.

padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:10:14 AM

Interesting website, now i don't need to use calculator to compare value of each altcoin and you even add websites to buy altcoin we select. I suggest you give option to show the altcoin coin value in BTC or fiat as well Smiley

The fiat value you should already see as BTCforJoe said (thanks!).
Adding the BTC value might make sense!

But currently I'm working to add historical prices  Smiley
bratko99

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:03:51 PM

Love the design! Looks unique.
I checked some coins, and as I can see the price isn't updated.

Take a look at that. Overall all good.

padho (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:12:24 PM

Thanks,

price should be updated at least once a minute but I'll take a look at that.
I added the feature to see the relative price development between two coins over the last hour, day and week.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: