Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:51:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of Waves, Lisk, etc., after ICX, WanChain and TAU  (Read 263 times)
cau (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:19:14 PM

I am curious to know how the old coins like Waves, Lisk, Stratis are going to cope up with the upcoming new Gen BlockChain projects like ICX, WanChain, TAU.

At this point, it looks like everyone can co-exist together but longer run until unless they cope up I dont think they are going to survive in this space.

I have vested interest in Waves, Lisk and Stratis. I have not participated in any ICOs, seriously thinking of moving out of these old heavy weights.

Your thoughts please..!
Caesar Cung

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

Industry 4.0 is called Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:44:00 AM

I am curious to know how the old coins like Waves, Lisk, Stratis are going to cope up with the upcoming new Gen BlockChain projects like ICX, WanChain, TAU.

At this point, it looks like everyone can co-exist together but longer run until unless they cope up I dont think they are going to survive in this space.

I have vested interest in Waves, Lisk and Stratis. I have not participated in any ICOs, seriously thinking of moving out of these old heavy weights.

Your thoughts please..!
Big focuses today:

$VEN: Look for big movements up before Rebrand Event in 4 hours. #Patience on this one (play: hours)
$ICX: High-risk to day trade in short-run (minutes to hour) - not sure where bottom is when correction comes before upwards again.

Long: A fan of both! ❤️
Is this #God @TheTweetOfGod finally blessing me for #HODL-ing so long? ❤️

ALL IN ONE DAY:
$ICX - Airdrop/Wallet announced!
$VEN - THOR Rebrand in 4 hours!
$ENJ- iOS Wallet pending App Store approval!
All my favorites doing wonderfully today - $ENJ included with $ICX & $VEN.
I'm going to assume $ENJ is due to iOS wallet annoucement?

Who knows, but I like it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Goozzi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:19:11 AM

Wanchain has announced the launch of its own accelerator and incubator programme for blockchain startups around the world. Titled WANLab, the program plans to create an ecosystem in which selected startups are given the help and support needed to develop properly.

Announced at the World Blockchain Forum in Dubai on Monday, Wanchain (WAN) also unveiled the first six projects that had been accepted as part of the WANLabs programme, including startups within finance as well as three Chinese-based projects in the media, travel and gaming sectors.

Industry-specific projects will also form a part of Wanchain’s INDUSYRYChain technology, for which more information will be released later this year.

“By supporting and mentoring the startups behind quality blockchain applications, Wanchain is seeding quality products into a blockchain industry plagued by hype and half-baked apps,” said Wanchain’s President, Dustin Byington.

Similar to other platforms such as Lisk, NEO or Ethereum, it is designed to function as a ‘mainchain’ that can connect various sidechains and make them interoperable with one another, through the use of smart contracts, as part of a distributed financial infrastructure.

The full list of WANLab companies includes:

UTour (Tourism)
AllSpark (AdTech)
GameBank (Gaming)
Abacus (Financial)
CryptoCurve (Wallet)
Freedium (Financial)
A hard fork off the Ethereum network, Wanchain was originally designed as a means to exchange value between different chains which, according to its whitepaper, would enable banking services such as loans, asset exchanges and credit payments.

Although rivalry within cryptocurrency isn’t uncommon – see Justin Sun’s Twitter account for confirmation –  Wanchain has made a point of trying to cooperate with other independent blockchain project and was a founding member of the Blockchain Interoperability Alliance alongside ICON (ICX) and Aion (AION).

The rise of accelerator programmes within the blockchain sphere has gathered pace within the last year as more startups come about offering new means to use distributed ledger technology (DLT) to overhaul the status quo.

Last week, the American fiat-to-crypto exchange, Coinbase, announced the launch of the Coinbase Venture,  which will provide finance for “compelling” companies with the sector; last year, the NEM Foundation launched a blockchain centre in Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur to incubate and accelerate selected projects.

Similarly, companies from outside the crypto-space have also looked at initiatives, including the German car manufacturer BMW which, has its own “startup garage” that provides connections, early orders and knowledge of the auto-industry in what it calls a Venture Client Programme.

In late February, VeChain (VEN) confirmed it had become a part of the startup garage.

I think this coins have a great future.

Source: https://cryptobriefing.com/wanchain-wanlab-accelerator-startups/
kripkiki12

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:15:42 PM

Do you think that Wanchain has the capability to stay alive in the long-term? I mean new concepts are coming out every day, blockchain 2.0, blockchain 3.0, blockchain 4.0... no Bitcoin seems like a dinosaur. Do you think the improvement is coming to its end and the current concepts like Wanchain, Zilliqa, ICX can be the blockchains of the future or in 5 years we also will think them they are "ancient".
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:03:16 PM

Old coins are closer to releasing an operational product so it's always worth hanging onto those ones. LISK will allow ICOs to be released on it's platform later this year and when that happens it will go straight to the moon!

Dervish doff

Activity: 1134

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:12:17 PM

I think waves will survive along with a lot of competition, I judge waves will have the trust of traders, I often buy waves and sell them, I better invest to waves than to buy ICO tokens that I do not necessarily benefit.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:04:28 PM

Tau will beat them all.
Goozzi

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:43:14 AM

19 April 2018 the developers of the ICON start-up announced on their twitter page about the launch of a new DeBlock project, built on the ICON blockbuster, which is a Blockchain Accelerator to support and develop a number of blockbuster start-ups. DeBlock Corporation appeared as a result of a new cooperation between two companies: ICON Foundation and ADPHOS.
This is a very promising project that will undoubtedly push the price up.

Source: https://twitter.com/helloiconworld/status/986801782192926720?s=20
xanto

Activity: 216
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:45:09 AM

All these coins have great potential, especially I believe in waves. On their platform, many projects are being developed now.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:46:53 AM

I think Wanchain along with Zilliqa has huge potential. Zilliqa may solve the scalability issues with sharding, if that happens it will be huge.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:04:05 AM

Wanchain has announced the launch of its own accelerator and incubator programme for blockchain startups around the world. Titled WANLab, the program plans to create an ecosystem in which selected startups are given the help and support needed to develop properly.

Announced at the World Blockchain Forum in Dubai on Monday, Wanchain (WAN) also unveiled the first six projects that had been accepted as part of the WANLabs programme, including startups within finance as well as three Chinese-based projects in the media, travel and gaming sectors.

Industry-specific projects will also form a part of Wanchain’s INDUSYRYChain technology, for which more information will be released later this year.

“By supporting and mentoring the startups behind quality blockchain applications, Wanchain is seeding quality products into a blockchain industry plagued by hype and half-baked apps,” said Wanchain’s President, Dustin Byington.

Similar to other platforms such as Lisk, NEO or Ethereum, it is designed to function as a ‘mainchain’ that can connect various sidechains and make them interoperable with one another, through the use of smart contracts, as part of a distributed financial infrastructure.

The full list of WANLab companies includes:

UTour (Tourism)
AllSpark (AdTech)
GameBank (Gaming)
Abacus (Financial)
CryptoCurve (Wallet)
Freedium (Financial)
A hard fork off the Ethereum network, Wanchain was originally designed as a means to exchange value between different chains which, according to its whitepaper, would enable banking services such as loans, asset exchanges and credit payments.

Although rivalry within cryptocurrency isn’t uncommon – see Justin Sun’s Twitter account for confirmation –  Wanchain has made a point of trying to cooperate with other independent blockchain project and was a founding member of the Blockchain Interoperability Alliance alongside ICON (ICX) and Aion (AION).

The rise of accelerator programmes within the blockchain sphere has gathered pace within the last year as more startups come about offering new means to use distributed ledger technology (DLT) to overhaul the status quo.

Last week, the American fiat-to-crypto exchange, Coinbase, announced the launch of the Coinbase Venture,  which will provide finance for “compelling” companies with the sector; last year, the NEM Foundation launched a blockchain centre in Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur to incubate and accelerate selected projects.

Similarly, companies from outside the crypto-space have also looked at initiatives, including the German car manufacturer BMW which, has its own “startup garage” that provides connections, early orders and knowledge of the auto-industry in what it calls a Venture Client Programme.

In late February, VeChain (VEN) confirmed it had become a part of the startup garage.

I think this coins have a great future.

Source: https://cryptobriefing.com/wanchain-wanlab-accelerator-startups/

Thank you for the link to this article. I now spent a lot of time to study each of the projects, there are those who I liked and I will follow their development and maybe become an investor. But the problem is that their idea is not new and now there are projects that have already collected money that have already collected funds and are working in the middle or at the end of their road map. Many projects now simply copy the ideas of the old ones that were half a year or a year ago, add a couple of new lines to the white paper and want to raise money.
For me personally, the main indicator for investing in a project is its working product or at least a beta version, which I can try!
Goozzi

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:48:08 AM

Meanwhile, the next positive news came from the Wanchain team. They has announced on Twitter that it is partnering with cryptocurrency point-of-sale (PoS) solution provider Pundi X Labs.

The productive meeting between founders Jack and Zac took place at Consensus 2018, the fourth annual conference of Blockchain Week in New York City.

The new distributed financial infrastructure which cross-chains smart contracts built on Wanchain continually seeks to connect different blockchain networks together to exchange value. Pundi X leverages the Ethereum blockchain to ease cryptocurrency payments or transactions.

Wanchain offers a multi-asset wallet, WAN, to customers for token management purposes, including transfers in public and private transactions. The infrastructure allows users to exchange assets on-chain with minimal counterparty risk and build decentralized exchange applications like Ether Delta, as well as facilitating the launch of initial coin offerings (ICOs).

The partnership may allow Wanchain to extend its accessibility to the public through the point-of-sale (PoS) of Pundi X. The news could be bullish for Wanchain, from a fundamental perspective, as the platform enlarges its network and customer base.

Wanchain’s blockchain builds upon the strengths and robustness of Ethereum. Any Ethereum Dapp will run on Wanchain with zero code changes, yet, applications can be enhanced with Wanchain’s APIs to leverage privacy protection and cross-chain capabilities

The mass production of the Pundi X PoS started in February 2018 and the company plans to deploy more than 100,000 XPOS devices in over 12 countries. The interface supports payment from both cryptocurrency wallets and traditional mobile wallets. These include Alipay and the Bitcoin wallet.

In addition to having a Pundi XPOS device to help store owners facilitating transactions, brick-and-mortar retailers can also use ads space on the side screen of the gadget. The device allows buying and selling of a number of digital currencies, while customers see the price in the local currency. To complete a transaction, staff would scan a buyer’s QR code from their wallet. The device integrates a check out menu, as well as membership, order, and inventory management.

The Indonesia-based PoS solution provider recently conducted a survey that found 69% of participants believe most people will be using cryptocurrencies in the next 10 years. Security, privacy, and zero transaction costs are the top reasons expressed by consumers using cryptocurrencies, according to the findings.

Source: https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/05/17/wanchain-and-pundi-x-labs-partner-to-build-super-financial-market-on-the-blockchain/

johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

OP, you asked a great question. I often ask myself this question. New projects seem so fresh in their ideas. And it's very difficult to believe that the old projects will start to move and do something exclusive.
 I don't know the answer to your question since I believe in both old and new ones from your list. I also absolutely don't know and cannot decide what to do with my tokens. Therefore, I just leave them in my wallet. Smiley

Goozzi

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:52:04 AM

Today I returned from the summer forest camp and on the page of the company ION ICON saw a message according to which in the near future the process of exchange of digital tokens ICX ERC20 to the crypto currency of the MainNet network will be launched. At the moment, such exchanges as Binance, Upbit and Bithump, as well as the ICONex currency purse expressed in support of the exchange.
 Thus, ICON network will exchange ICX ERC20 tokens for ICX coins of the main network in the ratio 1: 1. To successfully complete the exchange, users need to deposit their digital currency on the platform in time to:

Binance: June 20, 2018 (09:00, UTC + 9)
Upbit: June 20, 2018 (22:00, UTC + 9)
Bithumb: June 21, 2018 (time to be announced soon)
ICONex: June 25 (13:00, UTC + 9)

Does anyone know what to do to those who have left the ICX to lie on other exchanges (hitbtc, huobi for example)? And whether it is necessary to do something at all?
kohi

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:27:09 AM

Yes. I think that in the long run - they will also be more scalable etc.
Bet9ja111

Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:52:23 PM

Well am new to cryptocurrency world but I have learn some things about the coin stated above I think this are coin for the future this are coin that we should watch out for so they are good coins
cau (OP)

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:55:41 AM

months later, I look so stupid now . while old stalwarts Waves, Lisk, Nexus are progressing as usual, the new age ICO promises are gone in drain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: