Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick ICO question  (Read 226 times)
iconical (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

Hi guys

Something which hopefully is a simple question but I would really appreciate understanding...

If you invest in an ICO, could you ever lose more than you invest?

I understand that, say for example you invested $1,000, that could eventually be worth £0 but could you ever end up owing money? - say the coin crashed and the company running it had debts for example.

Might be a silly question (sorry if so) but I'd like to know.

Thank you.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:06:59 PM

Hi guys

Something which hopefully is a simple question but I would really appreciate understanding...

I understand that, say for example you invested $1,000, that could eventually be worth £0 but could you ever end up owing money? - say the coin crashed and the company running it had debts for example.

Thank you.

exactly. invest in ICO could cause you to lose all of your money if that project is a scam or tokens are not listed in any exchanges, then it is just useless shit
ICO projects sprouting up a lot, so you need to choose good projects to participate

Make me great again
iconical (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:09:04 PM

But could you lose more than you invest?
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:12:23 PM

Hi guys

Thank you.

Invest during their bonus period because most ICO's go lower than 50% their stated price. That is how to get money in ICO's.
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:13:08 PM

Hi guys

Thank you.

I don't think you will anyhow be related to a company's debts. So you most probably can't lose more than you have invested; only if you donate crypto and it goes up in price
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:13:38 PM

Hi guys

Thank you.

No, that can't happen, you enter in to a contract and buy tokens at a certain price, those tokens cannot go to a negative value and thus you can never lose more than your original investment.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
iconical (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:37:51 PM

Thank you for that.
sibnia

Activity: 602
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:56:23 PM

Hi guys
Thank you.
The answer to your question does not make me think. This is definitely not and only not. If you are new to this direction you will take time to study, but then you will get a huge benefit with these costs. I support most of the opinions of partners in this chat. I do not know your plans and goals, but at the beginning of this way you could consider the project SwissBorg (CHSB).
The project deserves attention !!!
LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:57:56 PM

Hi guys

Thank you.

Yes, in some scam ICO, dev left so your coin become worthless.
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:26:23 PM

But could you lose more than you invest?
Imagine you calculate all your investments in USD and, for instance, bought and invested 1 BTC (at 16 000 USD rate) in some ICO. By the time you realized that you were scammed by that ICO, bitcoin price raised to 20 000 USD. In this case you still lose 1 BTC if to count in bitcoin. But as 1 BTC worth 20 000 USD already you lose 4 000 USD more than invested in USD. So yes, you can lose more than you invest. It all depends on your point of view.

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1588

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:28:20 PM

Hi guys

Thank you.

Not that I know and not in any I have participated in. ICOs are not leveraged, so at most you will loose your investment. You are not even buying shares so you don´t even have to worry about any remotely possible legal responsibility.

jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:53:52 PM

It can only be left worthless, but you won't have to pay a company's debt.
iconical (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:37:00 PM

Thank you for the replies.
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:44:21 PM

invest in ICO can gain more profit if you choos the right project,,
but if you make a contributions in wrong ICO project without clear informations about team member, roadmap and whitepaper you can lose your money
so, do a research before investing

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:46:06 PM

You cant lose more than you invest, unless you marginal trade or something. However buying an ICO or cryptocurrency from an exchange will not allow you to lose over 100% of your investment.

Positivebetting
slavsole2017

Activity: 299

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

You can not lose more money than you have invested. Do not worry, join the crypto world.
HouruSinkara

Activity: 157

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:50:17 PM

If you select projects,then problems with loss of money should not be,the only point is the drop in value,in this case, wait for growth coins and then we are already selling

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:52:46 PM

Yes you might end up losing all the money that you have invested if the ICO failed, some companies who have an ICO if they dont hit the cap for the ICO they will just abandon the project, while some other ICO are built to scam people, while there are still some successful companies who manage well their project, finding the right company to invest in ICO is going to be hard.

illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

It is possible but if you do research on the project before investing in any ICO there are very less chances of it happening you just need to be alert before you make any investment.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:54:24 PM

Hi guys

Thank you.

ICO is a very risky venture and you can lose everything that you invested. That is why you have to choose the right project and do necessary research before investing in an ICO. You can only lose the money that you put in it but if you add the depression you get from losing money, yeah, you could lose more.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: