Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 05:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bored lately.  (Read 551 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:13:05 AM

I am really bored lately, I've nothing to do, and I lost 0.90BTC(my own) to gambling instead of profiting that much.

I actually had a few ideas before I turned to gambling, I wanted to make a pool, but my programming skills were not very good, so I was unable to implement the stratum protocol in pushpool, the documentation was really scarce though, anyway, I scrapped the idea.
I later wanted to create a PHP dice game for the popular Feathercoin alt-coin, but someone beat me to it, and today that dice site is pretty dead. So I had some luck with dice games and decided to play more, I profited a bit, but in the long run I lost 0.90BTC.

I really want to earn 3-4 bitcoins per month(which I need to convert to fiat for the time being till bitcoin becomes more mainstream). I can't be a programmer for hire, because my skills aren't very good, I am just a hobbyist in that regard, and my webdesign skills are less than 0.

A real job? Yeah, obviously that would work well, but I am not exactly the type to physically work.

Any ideas?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:18:10 AM

I am in the process of putting up some very simple tasks for the CIYAM project on CIYAM Open (some of which require a little programming skill and some none at all).

For example: https://ciyam.org/openid/open/?cmd=view&data=20130731083804662000&ident=M100V131&chksum=a774e4db

I've yet to allocate BTC to these tasks yet (am still looking at other basic "house-keeping" things I'd like done for the project and will add those as well then finalise a budget).

So if interested you might be able to pick up some BTC through one or more such tasks.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
BtcJunkie

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:30:43 AM

don't bother with gambling you never end up winning in the long run even with legit sites and most of the websites will lie about odds.
HereToTrade

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:28:00 PM

I am really bored lately, I've nothing to do, and I lost 0.90BTC(my own) to gambling instead of profiting that much.

I actually had a few ideas before I turned to gambling, I wanted to make a pool, but my programming skills were not very good, so I was unable to implement the stratum protocol in pushpool, the documentation was really scarce though, anyway, I scrapped the idea.
I later wanted to create a PHP dice game for the popular Feathercoin alt-coin, but someone beat me to it, and today that dice site is pretty dead. So I had some luck with dice games and decided to play more, I profited a bit, but in the long run I lost 0.90BTC.

I really want to earn 3-4 bitcoins per month(which I need to convert to fiat for the time being till bitcoin becomes more mainstream). I can't be a programmer for hire, because my skills aren't very good, I am just a hobbyist in that regard, and my webdesign skills are less than 0.

A real job? Yeah, obviously that would work well, but I am not exactly the type to physically work.

Any ideas?
If you want to gamble you will need to gamble on many sites because if you use only one site in the long run you will always come out as a looser. So a successful gambler will always have a plan (I don't mean betting system). You need to have your max profit for the day (from what I read your stakes are not that high) lets say 0.5 BTC and max loss also 0.5 BTC when you reach either of those you stop playing, no matter what.

Also I said don't use one gambling site use 7 or more. Each day of the week play on just one of the sites. Don't play on one site twice a week. Each day play until you reach one of the limits either profit or loss (hopefully profit).

Hope this helps and good luck to you next time. Don't give up, the people that do nothing will achieve nothing.
michaelburger

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

Not the type to physically work? What type are you then?
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:17:53 PM

Not the type to physically work? What type are you then?

hes lazy just like me XD

iv got a few ideas but im not very good at programming XD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: