Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:49:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of bad altcoins to invest  (Read 119 times)
coldst (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:25:59 PM

I am thinking to create a post that collects a list of bad coins/scam likely altcoins. If you are interested in helping, please list out the name of altcoin and reason. I will collect all the input and list them out on this post, to help new investors to avoid the high risk of losing their money on these bad coins.

Coins:

New York Coin /NYC - A coin without a whitepaper and good website. In their website, you can see pictures of New York merchants that use their coins and video that they had joined the Thanksgiving parade in New York City (with only one banner raises in the sky). Do not get fooled by the pictures and the video. If you want to invest in this coin, please dig deeper and take a look on their twitter replies, even their followers are against this coin. Plus they are only available on yobit.net, an exchange that can only deposit but not withdrawal. Think twice before you invest.

(More to input later......)
Shaour Zafar094

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:37:24 PM

i am not writing down any scam coin but the coin i think not have so much worth and dercrease high in the value and those are DIGIXDAO,STORM etc
cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:43:04 PM

I am waiting for you to put Bitconnect and Bcash in your list  Grin these are the most hated coins together with doge which is doing well because its the year of the dog LOL.

LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

Any coin that has lending.
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

Any coin with a huge premine that the dev is keeping for himself as "funds" for development. He will usually dump the premine (and the coin's price) at the first opportunity.
Bamselk

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:03:11 PM

bad coins/scam likely altcoins.
It's important to distinguish here.  Are you trying to make a list of coins that are likely to be a poor investment, or coins that are shady or misleading (and may be scams)?  A lot of poor investments may be legitimate and a lot of shady coins may end up having a high price.

One example of a shady coin is IOTA - while it contains a lot of buzzwords about IoT, it is not actually usable on IoT devices and is also insecure as it could be targeted quite easily by 34% attacks.
cheburash

Activity: 196
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:03:19 PM

Look at one week handles on ZEC and ETC charts, than you can understand that this coins have x10 potentional and buy it as much as u can. It's my personal advice for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: