Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assistance needed with mining setup  (Read 119 times)
InfernoJames (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:20:45 PM

Hello,

I have been mining on my new PC using miningpoolhub via multipoolminer and have had no issues.
I am trying to setup my older PC to do the same and cannot seem to get it to work properly.
I experience issues such as "cpuminer-4way.exe has stopped working" and it running 0 h/s

My old PC:
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00Ghz  (Water-cooled)
RAM: 5gb DDR2
GPU: Power-color AMD Radeon HD 5670
700W PSU

Please don't simply say that it wouldn't be worth it/cannot be done. I am just looking to get it mining in anyway possible as it is a few years older and sits here. Anything I can do to make it useful is fine by me.

Thank you!
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:10:53 PM

Check your drivers, .BAT configuration, make sure your hardware is all properly assembled, check your security programs, etc.

Try to specify more what is happening when you try mining.

Always doubt.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:12:43 PM

Hello,

I have been mining on my new PC using miningpoolhub via multipoolminer and have had no issues.
I am trying to setup my older PC to do the same and cannot seem to get it to work properly.
I experience issues such as "cpuminer-4way.exe has stopped working" and it running 0 h/s

My old PC:
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00Ghz  (Water-cooled)
700W PSU

Please don't simply say that it wouldn't be worth it/cannot be done. I am just looking to get it mining in anyway possible as it is a few years older and sits here. Anything I can do to make it useful is fine by me.

Thank you!

there does come a time when hardware is in fact too old to use, and hardware of that kind is more than just a few years old try like 10 years or more, its simply too old, if you upgraded the gpu on it then it might work but that's bout as far as making it work goes, you've got to spend money to make money man there is no other way around it

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:28:36 PM

Hello,

My old PC:
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00Ghz  (Water-cooled)
700W PSU

Thank you!

there does come a time when hardware is in fact too old to use, and hardware of that kind is more than just a few years old try like 10 years or more, its simply too old, if you upgraded the gpu on it then it might work but that's bout as far as making it work goes, you've got to spend money to make money man there is no other way around it

Post your settings like one poster said.

And, i don't want to say it's not worth it, but don't plan on making very much money with that CPU. I haven't checked, but it's got to be $0.10/day or less.. so about $3/month. So unless you live in a country where $3 is a lot, well then that's great... if not, it may not be worth it.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:21:45 PM

Hello,

My old PC:
700W PSU

Thank you!

Post your settings like one poster said.

And, i don't want to say it's not worth it, but don't plan on making very much money with that CPU. I haven't checked, but it's got to be $0.10/day or less.. so about $3/month. So unless you live in a country where $3 is a lot, well then that's great... if not, it may not be worth it.

id say the cost to power it while mining will make it a mute point, will be much less than 3.00 a month

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
PrinceBTC

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:44:39 AM

Hello,

My old PC:
700W PSU

Thank you!

What is the operating system installed in your older PC? and in your new PC? Smiley

Buy Cheap Bitcoin Shirts & Apparel - https://teespring.com/stores/stake

[HIRE ME] Graphic Designer here! Banner, Header, Facebook Cover and more!!
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:58:43 AM

Hello,

My old PC:
700W PSU

Thank you!

What is the operating system installed in your older PC? and in your new PC? Smiley

I'm waiting for him to come back and say Windows XP.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
InfernoJames (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:48:38 AM

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: