Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:48:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TripleMining is a scam, and is flooding the forum with referral links  (Read 12694 times)
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 07:43:57 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2011, 09:26:29 AM by DiabloD3

n/t

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:21:54 PM

While some people certainly abuse the system to spam referral links, there are those of us in the Triple Mining community who do not.  Because of the concern by the rest of the bitcoin forums community, we've begun sharing requests with our peers not to have huge banner referral sigs, and to not post unwanted or inappropriate messages just to increase referral traffic.

That said, TripleMining is not a scam, merely a pool that uses a referral system to attract new miners. 
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:26:47 PM

cent 1: you say its possible to get three times as much as with other pools... and you also say that all people who actually believes this are dumb.

cent 2: by using referrals you encourage your users to spam the forums (as they get more if they do that: ok, just see my sig to see, that i also use referealls)

just my two cents

i don't use products which are getting to much ads. that counts for real world and also for bitcoin.. e.g. tradehill: i will NEVER use them.. just way to much spam (not only from them, just people who wants that referrer bonus).

^^ i am NOT saysing tradehill or tm are scam, but they did all they could to not beeing used by me
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:33:00 PM

Yea even I'm sick of all the spam and I mine there!  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
MrSam

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:38:17 PM

"Top 10 pools stickied only: if you're not in the top 10, you don't get stickied"

Whohooo, i guess w're a top 10 pool now ! Smiley)
MrSam

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:40:17 PM

n/t

You can change the thread name to diablod3.triplemining.com , i created an account for your own minipool!
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:40:56 PM

wrong sub-forum Smiley
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:48:42 PM

ok, we know you can post sticky threads with "n/t" as the body. can you stop now?

also, this should be in meta

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
fsasa70

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:18:15 AM

This is what I found about Triplemining.

According to their scheme...
User 1 will benefit if User 2 joins his ref.
User 2 will benefit if User 3 joins his ref, but User 1 won't benefit.
...etc

However what I've read in their threads and even gotten a reply back from their users (also a mini pool leader.)
User 1 = Mini pool team leader and will benefit from all users, 2,3,4,5,6...etc.

And

The defense they use...You can win jackpots!!
So tell me what's my odds of wining the jackpots when the pool grows?

So in conclusion.
Only "User 1 or mini pool team leader" will win from his ref + mini pool team hash bonus from 1% + jackpots.
Auspician

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:17:49 AM

cent 1: you say its possible to get three times as much as with other pools... and you also say that all people who actually believes this are dumb.

It is possible to get three times as much as with other pools if you recruit 200x the hashing power you possess by yourself to the pool.  People who believe this will happen automatically with no work on their part are naive and ill educated on how the pool works. 

User 1 = Mini pool team leader and will benefit from all users, 2,3,4,5,6...etc.

Untrue.  Their is no tiered structure in place.  User 1 only benefits from user 2.  User 1 does not benefit if User 2 recruits User 3.

So tell me what's my odds of wining the jackpots when the pool grows?

The odds will be lower but the payout will be greater. 

Only "User 1 or mini pool team leader" will win from his ref + mini pool team hash bonus from 1% + jackpots.

Everyone who refers anyone is a minipool team leader.  By making a single referral you start your own minipool which does not benefit the person who referred you in any way.

Does that clear up some of the confusion?
DullJack

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:52:27 AM

Every single miner on TM is a minipool leader. Your odds of winning the jackpot go down as more miners join, but the rewards go up, just like the jackpot on any real-life lottery. Every single miner has an equal chance of winning the jackpot regardless of how many people (if any) are in their minipool.

You pay a 1% fee that goes to the person that referred you rather than to the pool like every other fee'd pool does. So if USER1 has users 2,3,4,5 in his minipool, he will receive their 1% fees to do with what he wants. I offer a portion of my referral bonus as a minipool jackpot that only the people mining under me are eligible for.

Users 2, 3, 4, and 5 also receive the 1% fee from the people in their respective minipools. User 1 never sees a bitpenny from the referral bonuses that the miners in his minipool (2,3,4,5) earn from their respective minipools.

So of course only User1 benefits from the people in his minipool, that is the entire point of having a minipool. Just like User2 is the only one to benefit from his personal minipool, even though he is in User1's minipool as well. The money doesn't keep moving up the chain, as it would in a pyramid scheme. I know at least one miner who equally divides his referral bonus up and redistributes it back to his minipool members.

You pay the 1% fee regardless of if you are in a pool or not. Once that fee is paid, it belongs to the pool-owner. Most pool owners pocket the fee (Tycho is a RICH dude with his 3% and 10% fees), but MrSam redistributes it in a way that promotes a community feel and makes it seem that miners are actually working together rather than against eachother.

That being said, you don't lose out on any btc by not having people in your minipool mining under you. You make exactly what you would make anywhere else, less the 1% fee that everyone pays. The only difference is that if you do have people mining under you, you get a small amount of bonus btc.

Unfortunately this can move some people to create a forum topic to promote their minipool or spam their referral link in their posts to others' threads. This has been covered in eskimobob's thread several times over, it is annoying, the majority of us TM miners it is ridiculous. But we can't control the actions of others.

It's just a different way of handling fees, sure we could just mine at a no-fee pool and keep our 1% for ourselves, but this pool actually makes mining fun and promotes a feeling of community between the miners. Even a cpu miner could make an actual bitpenny here and there with a person or two in their minipool. You may not agree with it, you may think it is stupid, but it is not a scam. Unless somebody could please point out where a user is actually being scammed out of money, that claim has no weight behind it. The pool operator has even been giving .5 btc away every day day from his own pocket as the launch special jackpot.

The pool's name is Triplemining because it is possible to earn triple your normal income, not because you will. If you can't differentiate between those two things, you're going to have to sue just about every company in existence.
I called around for deals on car insurance about 6 months ago, Geico was actually 20% more expensive than my current provider instead of the 15% less they claim it could have been, I didn't agree to their terms and instead stuck with my original provider. GEICO IS A SCAM AND WILL RIP YOU OFF. Hopefully I can use this Triplemining situation as precedence in court when I sue those bastards for scamming all their customers.

If the OP has any evidence of Triplemining being a scam, other than "n/t," I would absolutely give it an objective look. I certainly don't want to be scammed out of money and if there is some actual evidence of this happening, I would be grateful to see it. But for a mod to make a baseless accusation via sticky while providing absolutely no evidence or explanation/information, as though it were an absolute fact, is both unethical and libel. But hey it's just a forum on the internet for pretend money so who cares about those things, right? Roll Eyes
fsasa70

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:19:16 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2011, 07:32:16 AM by fsasa70

It's starting to be more clearer for me now. Am not hating the pool or anything it's just my thoughts, and this is actually good for you guys aswell (triplemining people) so others know how this pool actually works.

However I have asked a couple of my friends (knows notting about this btw or bitcoins) about your payment method in your site and told me it's a mini pyramid scheme if the referral is being used.

So newly refereed or recruited miners needs to find somebody to be referred to receive their 1% or else he/she is being scammed, and repeat, but referred but hasn't referred anyone goes to the 1% jackpot and to the referrer? (Am confused  Huh)

Registering triplemining.com as is and not being referred (eg. username.triplemining.com) sounds alot better btw. 1% goes to jackpot.
Auspician

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:32:28 AM

It still amazes me how people are being so mislead.  For all intents and purposes, ignoring the referral system completely, TripleMining is a 1% fee pool.  We are very public about this; it is not hidden or lied about.  If Triple Mining is a scam because there is something you can do to earn your 1% fee back (or even more), other pools like Deepbit must be a MAJOR SCAM because they charge between 3% and 10% with ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO EARN YOUR FEE BACK!! 

If you want to join a great community and are willing to pay a 1% fee, please feel free to join the TripleMining community; no referring necessary.  You might even win one of the weekly jackpots - they are open to everybody, not just referrers.

On the other hand, if you want to increase your mining income by referring new people to the site, just go to the 'My Minipool' tab on the site, copy the referral link down, and give that to others who are interested in TripleMining.  You can do this at any time - you don't need to do so immediately or ever.

Once again, you are *not required* to refer TripleMining to anyone to mine with us.  But, you are *rewarded* if you decide to do so.

Does that clear things up?
Vince

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:28:00 PM

I'm wondering how many members here are involved in the triplemining-site, defending it at all cost, posting all those referral links, signatures and so on. Stop hiding behind the "its not me" wall, noone believes you!
And >5.3M shares without any find .. I dont believe in bad luck anymore.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:21:59 PM

I'm wondering how many members here are involved in the triplemining-site, defending it at all cost, posting all those referral links, signatures and so on. Stop hiding behind the "its not me" wall, noone believes you!
FUD much?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Auspician

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:52:02 PM

I'm mining elsewhere until this block is found as well.  I really like the philosophy and community of Triple Mining, but if we're not making any money it seems silly to keep mining here.  I'll come back after there is a blockfind.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:48:20 PM

It's fine by me if people move their workers away.  It's all luck, good or bad. I'm still sending a few hashes to TM to keep my numbers from going down any further. If the gigaworkers leave, that means my share percentage will be EASIER to maintain.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:05:55 PM

At mining.bitcoin.cz i get my Daily payouts at TripleMining i stopped after 3 Days because  got no payout and my Estimatet BTC did drop when i was not mining at mining.bitcoin.cz this does not happen..

SO explain to me why I should not call it a scam?

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
DullJack

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:25:33 PM

At mining.bitcoin.cz i get my Daily payouts at TripleMining i stopped after 3 Days because  got no payout and my Estimatet BTC did drop when i was not mining at mining.bitcoin.cz this does not happen..

SO explain to me why I should not call it a scam?

Because TM has not found a block in 130 hours. You can't get paid if there is nothing to pay you with. With every additional share added to the total, each individual share is worth less so it is possible for your total reward to drop as the proportion of your hashes to overall hashes drops. It's how mining works.

That being said. it's pretty insane that we haven't found another block yet. I'm moving my hashes somewhere that can pay the electricity bill and will check back after this block is found.
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:05:59 PM

Launch Special: From June 29th until July 8th we will distribute 0,5 BTC through our Jackpot every day, irrespective of blocks found.

then why giving BTC away if they dont get new ones?

Starting with not much Money is not good if you cant pay your Miners...

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: