Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchanges are functional right now?  (Read 226 times)
isnottheword (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:35:10 PM

I intend to cash out some bitcoin (not an immodest sum) within the next 10 days.  I'm struggling to find an exchange that is actually functional anymore! Even the ones i'm with are not answering when I try to change the address on my account (which i need to do before I cash out any coin ..for tax purposes).

What are the most competitive exchanges which are largely functional right now in terms of registering with them and getting verified with them?  Do they also have functional and timely support?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:44:01 PM

They are functional but a lot of them are backlogged and due to this need time to figure out all the withdrawals and support tickets. You will have to get verified anywhere basically the only exchanges I know of that don't require verification are the smaller ones. Ie like Mercatox, Bitgrail, Etherdelta etc.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
isnottheword (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:54:41 PM

They are functional but a lot of them are backlogged and due to this need time to figure out all the withdrawals and support tickets. You will have to get verified anywhere basically the only exchanges I know of that don't require verification are the smaller ones. Ie like Mercatox, Bitgrail, Etherdelta etc.

Some have simply cancelled all new registrations until further notice.  Others simply don't respond to queries (waiting over 10 days).

I understand that there is clearly a backlog but I have business to do.....

I'll have a look at the smaller ones you mentioned.  Have you experience of any of them?  What are their rates like?  Would you be uneasy in transacting a large amount through them?
Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:14:37 PM

Some have simply cancelled all new registrations until further notice.  Others simply don't respond to queries (waiting over 10 days).

I understand that there is clearly a backlog but I have business to do.....

I'll have a look at the smaller ones you mentioned.  Have you experience of any of them?  What are their rates like?  Would you be uneasy in transacting a large amount through them?

And this happens everytime their is a high percentage on the increase of bitcoin. Many people would withdraw their profit during that increase. But for me, i sacrifice some transaction fee for my transaction to be prioritized to at least 2 hours and waiting on bittrex.com . Normally the clog would at least diminished as the price becomes stable. So try at least waiting longer to withdraw.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:53:25 PM

Even the ones i'm with are not answering when I try to change the address on my account (which i need to do before I cash out any coin ..for tax purposes).

Which exchange do you use? I assume you live in the US, right? as you have to pay taxes for withdrawal cash out of the exchange.
are you referring to coinbase or gdax? have you ever tried Kraken?
Do you mind if I ask where do you live? which city? as maybe you can visit an exchange office to do over the counter transaction to withdraw fiat currency.
Or else, you can try to check the localbitcoins website or offer personal trade to someone in this forum who lives in the same city as you, but be careful to do this, make sure to use escrow or meet in person.
isnottheword (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:21:22 PM

Which exchange do you use? I assume you live in the US, right? as you have to pay taxes for withdrawal cash out of the exchange.
I'm in Europe - but by next weekend, I will have taken up residency in Panama.  Once I have established residency there, I want to either change address associated with my existing exchange account or open up a new one.

When i tried recently, I couldn't seem to be able to open up a GDAX account.  i am currently a Kraken account holder.  However, they have simply ignored the query I sent them ref. change of address the best part of 2 weeks ago.

Do you mind if I ask where do you live? which city? as maybe you can visit an exchange office to do over the counter transaction to withdraw fiat currency.
Or else, you can try to check the localbitcoins website or offer personal trade to someone in this forum who lives in the same city as you, but be careful to do this, make sure to use escrow or meet in person.
There's not much choice in Panama for locally based exchanges.  I did find one but for a number of reasons, it's not really practical for my usage.

I want to use a reliable exchange that offers decent prices for selling btc.....one that I can get an account opened with and verified reasonably trouble-free- and that has some semblance of a functional support team.
rosygreat1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:23:38 PM

Cryptopia doesn't fail and will never fail. It is always functional.
isnottheword (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:43:47 PM

Thanks for that - checking them out now.  How do I pull up their current rate of BTC against the USD? Struggling with pulling this info up with a lot of exchanges as the default interface seems to show rates of exchange with other crypto's.

Do you find them competitive on rates?
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

I don't know if you are updated on the recent happenings on cryptopia. Have you seen the issues? for you to say that cryptopia isn't prone on such problems? They aren't and just like other users of such exchange I did experience some delays too which isn't really surprising. Each exchanges are now facing off delays that's why for op seeking out exchangers would be a tough job testing out each one of them but rest assured delays would be surely experience along the way.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
isnottheword (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:02:07 PM

that's why for op seeking out exchangers would be a tough job testing out each one of them but rest assured delays would be surely experience along the way.

I take your point that it's a difficulty across the board given the current interest levels in crypto.  That said, I still have to get an account opened with whatever's closest right now to a functional exchange that will offer a competitive rate (as I intend to take 'some' profit from my current holding).

Whilst all exchanges are under pressure, I would imagine some are performing better than others.  If I take the Kraken example, if they can't even answer my query ref. address change, I simply cant use the account ( i cant cash out until change of address has been effected - for tax and other reasons).

I can put up with delays (if i have to) - but beyond that - I still need a functional exchange to cash out some of my btc holding to FIAT competitively.

Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:36:28 AM

I don't know if you are updated on the recent happenings on cryptopia. Have you seen the issues? for you to say that cryptopia isn't prone on such problems? They aren't and just like other users of such exchange I did experience some delays too which isn't really surprising. Each exchanges are now facing off delays that's why for op seeking out exchangers would be a tough job testing out each one of them but rest assured delays would be surely experience along the way.

Totally agree with this. I dont know where did that information coming from that cryptopia "doesnt fail and will never fail". Seriously, that guy needs to have an update  before saying anything else that might put the OP into a worst scenario. Mainly, cryptopia is facing a ton of deposit  issues right now. Delay and no showing up of balances in the wallet, and whats next? And Im not saying that Crytopia isnt a good option.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
LupeKidman

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:42:23 AM

Bitrex, etherdelta and binance are now widely used for trading purposes. I see in this list also bitrex most choosy trading site among the forum member. I like polenix site but recently we find many complaints about the polenix scams now.
Whatever the exchange is not matter to get the profit in the trading, you have to choose the best coin on daily basis to invest that is enough
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:57:32 AM

Totally agree with this. I dont know where did that information coming from that cryptopia "doesnt fail and will never fail". Seriously, that guy needs to have an update  before saying anything else that might put the OP into a worst scenario. Mainly, cryptopia is facing a ton of deposit  issues right now. Delay and no showing up of balances in the wallet, and whats next? And Im not saying that Crytopia isnt a good option.

It's not perfect. It was just offline while it change its firewalls around to try to cope with all the new customers. It's not going to be close to perfect until its finished upgrading the site to handle the masses of new people accessing it.

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/953478524307890176

We're about to make some changes to our firewalls for scaling purposes.
Please bear with us, as Cryptopia will have some downtime beginning in 20 minutes, and this is expected to last half an hour.
Your patience is very much appreciated!
8:06 PM - 16 Jan 2018
Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:30:28 AM

I prefer you to use binance exchange, it’s the newest cryptocurrency exchanges on the market, this community focused in exchange and has a high trade volume which recently surpassed $1 billion a day. I think this exchange site is one of the most reliable exchange that you may use for exchanging your bitcoin to fiat.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:30:09 PM

I prefer you to use binance exchange, it’s the newest cryptocurrency exchanges on the market, this community focused in exchange and has a high trade volume which recently surpassed $1 billion a day. I think this exchange site is one of the most reliable exchange that you may use for exchanging your bitcoin to fiat.

Reliability of an exchange is something that can be talked about when it has been running for quite some years. This new kid on the block is definitely growing nicely, and pushes through very high volumes, but that's just a short term performance. I want to see how they deal with everything once they managed to settle well in this market, and whether or not they go through difficult times later on. There are plenty of new exchanges popping up, and they all seem to be attracting the more noobish audience that doesn't seem to care about the real underlying capabilities and potential dangers of these newer exchanges. Every exchange will face difficult times, and their way of handling everything will be something to very carefully look at. It can make or break an exchange.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:37:59 PM

BitPanda is a fast exchanger and it has different leves of ID verification, that also are proceeded fast. But it is a european exchanger.
The payments are also fast. Depending on your amount, you want to cash out, it is possible, that you needn't verify.
Here are the conditions:
https://www.bitpanda.com/limits
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:11:56 PM

For now mostly hitbtc , bittrex and binance seems working perfectly right now , binance is surely the biggest one among all these and hitbtc is the least one.
If you want to trade with small and big coins use hitbtc they might turn into yobit in the coming future as they list any coin on their exchange.
Bittrex and binance have particular standards so most likely the coins which actually seem to have a future are listed on these.

Else if you don't wanna any of this fuss simply use shapeshift or changelly they are a good choice of coin , they allow to exchange during high demand and you are in control of your coins.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:04:16 PM

I'm in Europe - but by next weekend, I will have taken up residency in Panama.  Once I have established residency there, I want to either change address associated with my existing exchange account or open up a new one.

When i tried recently, I couldn't seem to be able to open up a GDAX account.  i am currently a Kraken account holder.  However, they have simply ignored the query I sent them ref. change of address the best part of 2 weeks ago.

If you are a Kraken account holder, I recommend you do a SEPA withdrawal to your European bank account and then use your bank to transfer funds to your new account in Panama.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:28:44 AM

It's not perfect. It was just offline while it change its firewalls around to try to cope with all the new customers. It's not going to be close to perfect until its finished upgrading the site to handle the masses of new people accessing it.

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/953478524307890176

We're about to make some changes to our firewalls for scaling purposes.
Please bear with us, as Cryptopia will have some downtime beginning in 20 minutes, and this is expected to last half an hour.
Your patience is very much appreciated!
8:06 PM - 16 Jan 2018

Yeah thats what Im talking about, sometimes there will be an unexpected issues that will come no matter how good the service is. Thanks for the information anyway. Good to hear that they have an immidiate response and solution to the recent issues.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
NikitaSkublov0202

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:46:05 AM

For me, i would choose between cryptopia, binance and freewallet, they are pretty good.And i do enjoy trading on the binance client.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: