Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coin mineable VS coin not mineable VS token  (Read 118 times)
dangphuoctoan (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:49:44 PM

Hello,

I have googled but it cannot give my a satisfied answer. Please kindly help:
1. what is the difference between coin not mineable VS token? As my understanding, all these types (coin not mineable and token) are all appeared/existed at the 1st day that the developers created them, right?! so, they are different in technical things?!

when I say Coin Not MIneable, I mean: when I check Coinmarketcap, they show us: sometimes Coin, sometimes Coin Mineable or Token (premined bla bla..)

2. Can Token be Coin later? I might be not correct, but I remembered ADA on Coinmarketcap, they used to marked ADA as a token, but now i checked it said Coin (Coin without the word "mineable" I will say it "Coin Not Mineable)

3. coin mineable VS coin not mineable :  am I right to think: Coin not minable: all coins will be available when people create it? Coin minable: Miners take time to get it and deliver to others people.

Currently I just invest in Coin that is mineable because I see btc/eth/ltc is minable. Do I need to adjust my mindset?!

All answers/ ideas are really appreciated. Thank you so much for take time.  Smiley

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 2112

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:00:37 AM

Hello,

I have googled but it cannot give my a satisfied answer. Please kindly help:
1. what is the difference between coin not mineable VS token? As my understanding, all these types (coin not mineable and token) are all appeared/existed at the 1st day that the developers created them, right?! so, they are different in technical things?!

when I say Coin Not MIneable, I mean: when I check Coinmarketcap, they show us: sometimes Coin, sometimes Coin Mineable or Token (premined bla bla..)

Mineable cryptocurrencies get decentrally issued to miners, as part of their work in securing the network (or to stakers, in the case of Proof of Stake).

Non-mineable cryptocurrencies get centrally issued by the developers / companies that released the currency. This is usually happening in the form of token sales, airdrops, bounty campaigns, etc.

There are some minable cryptocurrencies that have in part been centrally issued.

2. Can Token be Coin later? I might be not correct, but I remembered ADA on Coinmarketcap, they used to marked ADA as a token, but now i checked it said Coin (Coin without the word "mineable" I will say it "Coin Not Mineable)

Token and Coin mean more or less the same thing -- it's a unit of value as part of a cryptocurrency. Coins usually have their own blockchain (or similar) while Tokens most commonly are issued on an already existing blockchain by a central entity.

3. coin mineable VS coin not mineable :  am I right to think: Coin not minable: all coins will be available when people create it? Coin minable: Miners take time to get it and deliver to others people.

Mostly correct. Sometimes even non-mineable coins are released in batches and not all at once by their respective project team.

Currently I just invest in Coin that is mineable because I see btc/eth/ltc is minable. Do I need to adjust my mindset?!

All answers/ ideas are really appreciated. Thank you so much for take time.  Smiley

Depends. If you care about decentralization you're on the right path. The issue with non-mineable currencies being centrally issued and sold should be obvious, although in the case of ICOs where they sometimes represent "shares" of a "company" this might be forgiven. ICOs have  problems in their own right though, being prone to scams, vaporware and failing startups.
dangphuoctoan (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:50:42 PM

@HeRetiK: thank you so much !!!
Knightly

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:24:17 PM

HeRetiK - great answer bro.

This is a good place to get the answers you seek mate. Good luck with your crypto journey!

-Knightly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: