Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would Bitcoin react to a global financial crisis?  (Read 542 times)
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 08:42:05 PM

Note one thing first that there has been no financial crisis till last 10 years and i can't see any chances of financial crisis to happen soon by this year ends. But yes came to know that according to  WD GANN  Financial crisis time table either 2018 or 2019 is the year of financial crisis and we may expect the financial crisis at that time. Now coming to the main point if crisis occurs then bitcoin will be crashed forever and then there won't be much interest among the people about this bitcoin and no one will be interested either trading it or mining it where the value of bitcoin comes from. I wish that we should not see bitcoin crisis for another 20 years.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:07:52 PM

how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

Venezuela could provide a real world example of how bitcoin would fare during a financial crisis. The venezuelan native currency (the bolivar) is currently hyperinflating. The entire nation is bordering on economic collapse, despite being rich in oil. Still venezuelans mine bitcoins and find ways to buy/sell using crypto currencies, some are doing well with their crypto mining enterprises, earning a decent living for themselves under circumstances where they otherwise might not be able to.

That's probably the best case example I can think of, although there could easily be africans, cubans and others currently not living under the best economic or living standards for whom bitcoin is something of a savior.
thecryptillian (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:48:29 AM

how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

Venezuela could provide a real world example of how bitcoin would fare during a financial crisis. The venezuelan native currency (the bolivar) is currently hyperinflating. The entire nation is bordering on economic collapse, despite being rich in oil. Still venezuelans mine bitcoins and find ways to buy/sell using crypto currencies, some are doing well with their crypto mining enterprises, earning a decent living for themselves under circumstances where they otherwise might not be able to.

That's probably the best case example I can think of, although there could easily be africans, cubans and others currently not living under the best economic or living standards for whom bitcoin is something of a savior.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I like your thinking.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:33:18 AM

I think bitcoin is the internet based currency and i would like to invest in this currency this is true that in some ways it will react to the good tool to react to the global financial crises. The economist have started discussing this issue and i have heard that bitcoin is the digital and fast currency so through this the financial crises can be broken like the crises of the 2007/08 the financial crises comes to the reason of the not availability of the money.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
slashz9

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:51:06 AM

I think the price will not be affected by the financial crisis, its price will continue to rise because bitcoin may be like their gold is not affected by inflation or crisis effects. maybe the price will go down but only temporarily, then up again just as before.
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:51:53 AM

It would become the value to store all your money so it would explode as everyone would feel safer in bitcoins than in banks

Bitcoin is much safer and much profitable than banks,because in the banks only them will earn high profit and banks increase if you save money to them is very low,much better if you want a long term keep your profit in bitcoin you will earned high profit with it because bitcoin price continue it's increase day by day.

And global financial crisis can affect bitcoin temporaly because many bitcoiners exchanging there bitcoins into fiat currency because of there financial needs that's why bitcoin price will dump but it will recover same like before.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:42:47 AM

In the year 2008 there was a financial crisis which has affected most of the developed countries so badly, bitcoin technology all started in the year 2009 with the pseudonym satoshi Nakamoto for transacting and payment of products and services online all through out the world as it was just at the stage of inception of bitcoins no one was actually aware of the technology if bitcoin came earlier than the financial crisis then there would not be any economic downturn in the world as bitcoins always helps to uplift the socio- economic conditions of the world by providing additional source of income to the user's and by improving the living standards of them.

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

In the year 2008 there was a financial crisis which has affected most of the developed countries so badly, bitcoin technology all started in the year 2009 with the pseudonym satoshi Nakamoto for transacting and payment of products and services online all through out the world as it was just at the stage of inception of bitcoins no one was actually aware of the technology if bitcoin came earlier than the financial crisis then there would not be any economic downturn in the world as bitcoins always helps to uplift the socio- economic conditions of the world by providing additional source of income to the user's and by improving the living standards of them.
Bitcoin has gained popularity only thanks to the financial crisis. If bitcoin appeared earlier he would not have achieved such popularity. But bitcoin can not help overcome the global crisis. It can only help to redistribute the financial flows. People in poor countries can earn money in richer countries. That is the true reason for the popularity of bitcoin.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:16:06 AM

I guess it depends on how people would react to it, depending on whether they see Bitcoin as gold. If they do, I think the price will rise significantly, as does gold when a financial crisis happens. If it isn't viewed as gold, then people will try to exit the market as fast as possible, causing a drop in price.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:57:33 PM

It has been 10 years since the 2008 financial crisis and there are a number of financial experts out there predicting doom and gloom to hit the financial world this year. To be fair, every new year brings new crazy predictions, so, although I am not reading too much into it, It did get me thinking - how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

We know gold is able to withstand a crisis, but with the price of gold very much being controlled nowadays, it might not be a good idea to use them as a comparison.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the matter, what do you think would happen to bitcoin during a financial crisis?

The fact is so far we have not witnessed something like this in the life time of bitcoin, its going be hard to decide the exact way bitcoin will react to such scenario compared to the free fall of fiat that have happened in such situations and scenarios. For me, I think the way every thing works well be the reaction of people and I feel its going to affect bitcoin. Today, we have seen some fall in price and you see people dumping here and there, in situation that is even isolated to the crypto currency. I then wonder what will happen if the whole world economy is in turmoil, I see a lot of people following the same pattern after all. At the same time, I see a lot of new millionaires being made after the whole crisis because at some point the crisis will be over and people who are smart would either become rich, richer or maintain their riches.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:12:34 PM

One of the reason why some people experience financial crisis or difficulties is because they are lack of opportunity for employment or others may have woek but does not receiving an amount to compensate their finances and the only help bitcoin can give is the opportunity for additional income from investment or doing some sideline here in bitcoin forum with this many people will have an opportunity to become financially stable which also a helps to enhance the economy of a certain country
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:16:20 PM

It has been 10 years since the 2008 financial crisis and there are a number of financial experts out there predicting doom and gloom to hit the financial world this year. To be fair, every new year brings new crazy predictions, so, although I am not reading too much into it, It did get me thinking - how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

We know gold is able to withstand a crisis, but with the price of gold very much being controlled nowadays, it might not be a good idea to use them as a comparison.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the matter, what do you think would happen to bitcoin during a financial crisis?

If financial crisi would exist then bitcoin may decrease its value due to many users may sell all their bitcoin and that would decrease the demands of the bitcoin, If that will happen the value of the bitcoin will fall.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:09:17 PM

If there is a global economic crisis, it will also affects Bitcoin. But it is not afraid of local crises. Most of the world's crises are provoked artificially, and Bitcoin is uncontrollable to such manipulations therefore firmly holds, despite its relatively young age. I think the crisis is always felt if you think about it and are dependent on it. Bitcoin just allows you to be independent of all the hardships that occur in your country, so this is a good place to store money.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:13:26 PM

Bitcoin allows not only to save money from inflation, but also to become financially independent, which is much more important for every person. Bitcoin can neither strengthen nor reduce the economic crisis. I believe that Bitcoin will succumb to the impact of the global economic crisis, but not as much as fiat money. In this context, Bitcoin is a more reliable and trustworthy way of storing funds.
blueteam09

Activity: 664

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:25:29 PM

Bitcoin has moved and continues to move fast in economic crises. It completely changed the way people view it. A few years ago everyone thought it was just ponzi and now they look at it like a god.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:31:24 PM

I think bitcoin will not be able to hold the value that it has currently or neither any other currency will be able to hold its position as crypto currency. They will drain within next day of announcing that we are suffering from the major financial crisis because BTC is what holding most of the investment today with about 300 Billion dollar market. This means around that much money is in the market of BTC. If financial crisis is there then there could be forceful act of government to shut down such investment and bring the money back to the national financial system. Or at least there could be big investors who will be putting back the money into banks for the sake of their own safety leading to dropped value of BTC and other currency. This is what will happen according to me.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:10:56 PM

can be people will switch to using bitcoin as a process in transacting. because I feel that bitcoin is created one of them with the intention as an innovation of the existing currency.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:25:19 PM

Just mentioned this in the other thread. Whatever you read about bitcoin performance in a financial crisis, DON'T BELIEVE IT. Nobody has the slightest clue, how bitcoin will hold up in a crisis. Bitcoin was invented in 2009, right after the financial crisis. It has yet to survive any financial crisis. Surviving financial crisis is how a currency gets public's faith. This is the reason gold is so stable, not because it's regulated. How long has it been around? Bitcoin doesn't have much of that (comparatively). Therefore, the volatility. But the fraud, manipulation and it's own scaling problems, undermine its chances in a crisis.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:27:05 PM

Economic crysis will not affect bitcoin because bitcoin is part of decentralized system that is not depending on global economic system.
In some deep crysis many people would probably reach for bitcoin as a solution and that will increase demand and probably the price.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

rb26

Activity: 247

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:36:41 PM

In the event of financial crisis, bitcoin will most probably deflate and experience tremendous fall. Not just bitcoin but the whole cryptocurrency will definitely experience deflation since we use fiat in purchasing these coins. If people experienced financial crisis how will they even think of buying cryptos if they are having this kind of crisis? Instead of investing and/or buying, they will most likely withdraw their investments and start cashing it out. These are my sole opinions but I'm not expert in these kind of situations and I may be wrong with my understanding so better consult the professional ones who have more experiences than a middle-aged person like me.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: