Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:19:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would Bitcoin react to a global financial crisis?  (Read 542 times)
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:56:14 AM

With its resistance to inflation, bitcoin will probably behave better than any other currency: in crisis, governments print more money, so fiat currencies lose their value. Bitcoin, probably not.
In a situation whereby there is a financial crisis, I believe it will affect Bitcoin badly, cause companies who are into Bitcoin will be affected, and investors also would be affected which will lead to them withdrawing their investments to be able to survive such situation. So my answer it’s YES, a global financial crisis will affect Bitcoin.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:14:09 PM

With its resistance to inflation, bitcoin will probably behave better than any other currency: in crisis, governments print more money, so fiat currencies lose their value. Bitcoin, probably not.
In a situation whereby there is a financial crisis, I believe it will affect Bitcoin badly, cause companies who are into Bitcoin will be affected, and investors also would be affected which will lead to them withdrawing their investments to be able to survive such situation. So my answer it’s YES, a global financial crisis will affect Bitcoin.

Do you mean, to take value from bitcoin to buy some paper? I don't think so. Eventually, I'd buy gold, or asset to exchange on the black market.
Btw, of course nobody can predict exact what will happen: everything is already chaotic now; I can't imagine in case of a big war...

Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:28:10 PM

Do you mean, to take value from bitcoin to buy some paper? I don't think so. Eventually, I'd buy gold, or asset to exchange on the black market.
Btw, of course nobody can predict exact what will happen: everything is already chaotic now; I can't imagine in case of a big war...

I agree, as it seems to me that in a big crisis bitcoin will be more solid than fiat money.
Of course, we don't have historical example of bitcoin, but we know that usually in case of war fiat money loses a lot of his value.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:11 AM

Who knows? We don't have example from the past. The real question is about the fragility of the infrastructure needed for the blockchain.
If it resists, probably bitcoin will be safer than fiat money. If not,... well, a bitcoin will be equal to zero

Jancuki

Activity: 789

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:31:50 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin prices will skyrocket against the dollar, and it can be said that bitcoin can be a protector amid the economic downturn because by investing our economic stability will be maintained.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:59:23 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin prices will skyrocket against the dollar, and it can be said that bitcoin can be a protector amid the economic downturn because by investing our economic stability will be maintained.

How can you say that it would rise amidst all the chaos that would happening in the markets during a financial crisis? Demand would be on the lower side due to the uncertainty factor of what might happen to cryptos in future and this world certainly cause a plunge in the price. Again, we've not seen a global crisis for a pretty long time now and I hope it continues this way but if at all it happens, we have to just wait and watch as things unfold.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:26:41 AM

bitcoin has become a magnet for everyone where today bitcoin remains an asset that has a very high value when compared to other forms of investment. and the question is whether during a financial crisis this will affect the value of bitcoin. this is a very interesting question and personally I think it will depend on everyone's mindset. so what I mean is whether they will keep their financial assets on bitcoin or not. if everyone still chooses to keep their financial assets in bitcoin, of course this will not affect the bitcoin value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:36:05 AM

This could be a good topic to tackle. What happen to bitcoin in the global financial crisis?. Maybe bitcoin value will decreasing because of the global financial crisis. Or the bitcoin developers will do something better to help the global financial crisis to created a helpful project to decrease the number percentage of crisis. Bitcoin can help people from crisis to abundance little by little help will be great and meaningful.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:59:36 AM

Bitcoin brings work to people, it gives happiness because they can provide their own needs as well as wants. But if we are talking about tha financial status in different country maybe it is oscillated because we could not determine what will be the economic status this is just depending of what will be the earnings of the country that came from the business world. Bitcoin is very helpfull to helpless situation of people especially to those people who does not work permanently.
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:23:43 AM

I think the global financial crisis will have a small impact on the value of bitcoin, because if the bitcoin value depends on how many investors and the money invested in bitcoin. then in a state of financial crisis, many investors want to withdraw their investment funds. There are also some who take this opportunity is the time to increase their investment.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:53:28 AM

It depends very much from the extension of the crisis. If the infrastructure resists, there is the possibility to assist to a crash of traditional economy, and bitcoin may be will save us from disaster. Who knows?

Lubunads

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:56:56 AM

the things it should be happened for me is . bitcoin should take a advantage from this global economic problem right know . it can take eye of the world to use bitcoin as their payment.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:02:51 AM

Bitcoin will only be affected if investors will pull out their money meaning there would be less people to support bitcoin which will lead to the value to drop so bad. But if we will only look into tge possibilities bitcoin can actually help in global financial crisis because if people as well as many investors will support bitcoin and earn bigger amount surely the ecomic status of a country will improve as well as the life of their people

Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:03:22 AM

It has been 10 years since the 2008 financial crisis and there are a number of financial experts out there predicting doom and gloom to hit the financial world this year. To be fair, every new year brings new crazy predictions, so, although I am not reading too much into it, It did get me thinking - how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

We know gold is able to withstand a crisis, but with the price of gold very much being controlled nowadays, it might not be a good idea to use them as a comparison.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the matter, what do you think would happen to bitcoin during a financial crisis?

I think there is a high probability of a significant price increase. Already, a large number of people have limited confidence in the banking system. Another global financial crisis can only increase this distrust for the benefit of cryptocurrencies.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:15:08 AM

If Bitcoin will undergo a financial crisis, then many people will start to withdraw all their coins. A massive panic-sell is to be expected because the value will fall rapidly. It will be bad health for Bitcoin if that happens but as we, the users of bitcoin, will always believe that it will always recover its price. It will be a mirror effect of holding fiat money instead of Bitcoin.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:54:48 PM

If the network will be still functional, probably bictoin will be more safe than fiat money, that it's just paper.
Of course, if the crisis is really big (may be the day after a thermonuclear global war), bitcoin will go to zero.
But in this case, survivers will have different kind of problems... :-)

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
BureauChef

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:57:08 PM

It has been 10 years since the 2008 financial crisis and there are a number of financial experts out there predicting doom and gloom to hit the financial world this year. To be fair, every new year brings new crazy predictions, so, although I am not reading too much into it, It did get me thinking - how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

We know gold is able to withstand a crisis, but with the price of gold very much being controlled nowadays, it might not be a good idea to use them as a comparison.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the matter, what do you think would happen to bitcoin during a financial crisis?

I think there is a high probability of a significant price increase. Already, a large number of people have limited confidence in the banking system. Another global financial crisis can only increase this distrust for the benefit of cryptocurrencies.

If a crysis happens, this might affect bitcoin very negatively. I don't think people will turn in to bitcoin during an economic crysis.
NicG13

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:33:29 PM

This is the million dollar question. The answer depends on unknown factors, though. If things stay the same in terms of bitcoin production, regulation, etc. and the only factor that comes to bear is an economic crisis then it's probably safe to assume that people will regard bitcoin just like they do gold - a safe haven and a way to protect their wealth from economic destruction.
shoaibmahar

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:33:56 PM

Bitcoin helps to overcome financial crisis to to contribute by different ways,It bring investment which encouraging the rolling of money which reduce minimize the inflation and engage the manpower to minimize the unemplyment.
Jancuki

Activity: 789

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:19:45 AM

How can you say that it would rise amidst all the chaos that would happening in the markets during a financial crisis? Demand would be on the lower side due to the uncertainty factor of what might happen to cryptos in future and this world certainly cause a plunge in the price. Again, we've not seen a global crisis for a pretty long time now and I hope it continues this way but if at all it happens, we have to just wait and watch as things unfold.
this is only my opinion, indeed if you look at the current state of bitcoin prices are down but for me this is a common thing. As long as we do not panic
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: