Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:11:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help: ASUS Dual RX 580 8GB Crashing while mining, all other cards work fine  (Read 98 times)
marvin5881 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:32:11 AM

I have a system with 2x MSI Armor RX 570 8GB 2x XFX RX 580 8GB and one ASUS DUAL RX 580 8GB. Originally I had the ASUS card on a riser and I thought that's what the issue was, then I had the card directly on the motherboard and the crashing would still occur The error would be watchdog error during opencl call. All of the other cards would continue to mine but the ASUS card would just stop. I have tried Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, blockchain drivers and regular gaming drivers, switching PCIE slots, disabling fast boot in windows, returning vbios to its original form, disabled ULPS, all clocks are stock, I have tried reducing the clock and increasing and reducing/ increaing power limit also. The card stopped working when I added the 2 XFX RX 580's to my system, although it still works if I take the two new XFX cards out of my system.

Windows 10 EVGA 1200w PSU Ryzen 1600
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:04:55 AM

I have a system with 2x MSI Armor RX 570 8GB 2x XFX RX 580 8GB and one ASUS DUAL RX 580 8GB. Originally I had the ASUS card on a riser and I thought that's what the issue was, then I had the card directly on the motherboard and the crashing would still occur The error would be watchdog error during opencl call. All of the other cards would continue to mine but the ASUS card would just stop. I have tried Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, blockchain drivers and regular gaming drivers, switching PCIE slots, disabling fast boot in windows, returning vbios to its original form, disabled ULPS, all clocks are stock, I have tried reducing the clock and increasing and reducing/ increaing power limit also. The card stopped working when I added the 2 XFX RX 580's to my system, although it still works if I take the two new XFX cards out of my system.

Windows 10 EVGA 1200w PSU Ryzen 1600

Dude, you have some conflicting statements here:

then I had the card directly on the motherboard and the crashing would still occur The error would be watchdog error during opencl call. All of the other cards would continue to mine but the ASUS card would just stop.

with this

The card stopped working when I added the 2 XFX RX 580's to my system, although it still works if I take the two new XFX cards out of my system.

which is true? Huh does still works in mining if you take out the 2 XFX RX 580's to your system?

marvin5881 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:16:00 AM

Sorry about that, if I have all five cards in it doesn't work whether or not it's on the riser or motherboard. But it works in both cases if I take out the two xfx cards.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:32:40 AM

Sorry about that, if I have all five cards in it doesn't work whether or not it's on the riser or motherboard. But it works in both cases if I take out the two xfx cards.

Ok, have you tried taking only 1 xfx card out? in any case do you have some extra PSU's? I might be wrong but I feel some power issues, supposedly 1200w is enough for 5GPU's especially when modded underclock.
marvin5881 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:44:52 AM

I have tried one XFX card and it works actually, but two xfx cards for a total of 5 are unstable
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: