Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I invest in altcoins. What to do when I made 500 to 5000%?  (Read 211 times)
zirt (OP)

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:40:35 AM

Hi
About 1.5 years ago I invested some small money in 4-5 coins, say 200usd per coin, it is an example.
Most of these coins value 2000 to 10000usd each.

I cashed in about 15% of the total.

I sold 15% to buy a few coins, mostly altcoins with low marketcap, good project, serious team, ... But this time I don t know when to cash out... this time I invested much more than 200usd per line, so "only" 4 times my investment is big money... should I cash out while I "used" to make 10 to 50 times my investment?

It is really hard to know when taking profit. It is not the same , for the brain, to let profit run to 20 times your investment when you invested 200 or 5000usd!
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:08:41 AM

Take only out, what you need and keep the rest in altcoins and BTC. Right now, cryptocurrencies are facing general popularity and are still on beginning of their potential. So you will gain much more than now in a year.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:50:55 AM

Good for you OP that you were able to profit with that much amount. In crypto world, prices of the coins are unpredictable and altcoin run may be good last year but altcoin run this year we are yet to see and we don't know what will happen. There is a higher possibility that the altcoin bull run will continue and may give you higher profits but there is a possibility that some coins will be devalued which would be a loss in your part so I am on the conservative side which is after reaching 100% profit, I take out my capital so that I have a peace of mind that I got back my original investment and then what is left is profit and just sold it whenever you wanted. You can choose to invest in other coins what you have withdrawn which is your original investment.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:09:11 AM

Hi
About 1.5 years ago I invested some small money in 4-5 coins, say 200usd per coin, it is an example.

I sold 15% to buy a few coins, mostly altcoins with low marketcap, good project, serious team, ... But this time I don t know when to cash out... this time I invested much more than 200usd per line, so "only" 4 times my investment is big money... should I cash out while I "used" to make 10 to 50 times my investment?

It is really hard to know when taking profit. It is not the same , for the brain, to let profit run to 20 times your investment when you invested 200 or 5000usd!

A decision like this is difficult to make in a market as unpredictable as this, however any investor with medium experience tends to set a goal in terms of expected performance in a certain period of time, so it will not be a bad idea to withdraw at least half of your profits in those currencies that have already generated you great profits to diversify the risks investing in other coins, taking into account that no market can have an eternal growth and sooner or later a great correction will come down.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:41:30 AM

Sometimes it's really hard to decide when to cash out or hold. Especially if you believe the team so much, but on another side you know nothing rises forever. My suggestion is just set a limit. Let's say if the price is 0.0003, I think you should set a limit to 0.00026 or 0.00027. I think this is the best way though. Goodluck OP!!
Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:06:48 AM

Hi

Set a price point for your investment, and when the price is reached, you will be decisive to sell all of your tokens, and that will be the most profitable.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:16:36 AM

So my strategy is to take out the money I put in after I made profit. So if I have invested around  $1000 in a coin trading at 1$ and so I get around 1000 coins.  If the price becomes 2000$ I generally sell half and take the money I've put it in. The rest 500 coins I leave it alone to see if I get more profit or just sell it if I need money. That way I do not even care if the price drops to zero.
haowang

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:27:39 AM

You should hold them since you still have fairh in them. What's more, the age of crypto is just begining so you will surely make more money with them in the future.
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:52:04 AM

Hi

I am sure that all of us have the same experience like OP said. my suggestion don't be too greedy while you see that you can make a profit until 5000% and take your profit by selling half or quarter of the total amount or you will regret it later. my experience is I am not selling my coin when I can make a profit until 1000% and I let that coin stay in the wallet without doing anything. but soon the price is back to the bottom, I regret for not sell the coin and it makes me wait for a long time before I can see the price increase again and this time, the increasing of the price is not 1000% but it is only 500%. and if I can wait for another time, maybe it will increase until more than 1000% in the future. so if you think that your profit it's enough for me, just sell your coin but not all of your coins so you still have the rest of coin.

Danica22

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:43:06 AM

Hi

This is truly amazing, you did enough. Better to stick with your plan and goal.

When the goal is reach it is in your control when you want to sell your coins..

I highly suggest to stay focus on your goal for every coins you bought.

Anniee123

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:55:39 AM

Then you need to stay calm and think about how you can make the most out of this bull market.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:45:38 AM

Hi,
Its great and it also helps us to trade in the crypto market to get profit. Smiley  Wink

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:53:20 AM

Hi

if you've gotten a lot of money just like if you were investing around 2k and then in a month later your amount become 20k and then just cash out all of them and then you will be able to take back your capital and just try to use a half to invest in the promising project again. that's the best decision that i can suggest yuu.
loloy

Activity: 182

The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:53:37 AM

I was thinking to cash out when I get to a point where I reach my target. But now that I already reached it, I am still holding my coin. And my new target is to x10 my original one. No matter how you say you will cash out on your goal, when you see your coin pumping more each day, it will just make you want to hold more.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:14:56 AM

I would personally cash out a part of my investment after making enough to cover my initial entry. I usually do this after I have made gains of 30 - 40%. I hold the rest I don't sell. Won't hurt to hold if you have already made back your money, you won't lose anything.

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:06:08 AM

Go out if you earned profit just like that. That's a big profit dude. Also, profit about 200% is big now. Usually at that price I am going out because I am a short term trader. But that, 5000% is a long term one. So what I'm recommending for you to do is to go out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: