Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if I want to create a datacenter for mining?  (Read 190 times)
Volcomstarr (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:42:32 AM

Hi,

During the last few months I've started to invest in this market of cryptocurrencies and now I'm starting to build my first GPU-based mining rig. I shared my experience with a few friends of mine and quite soon we realized that we all want to create a large-scale infrastructure. Basically I am talking about creating a datacenter for mining.

We have lot free space, terrains, solar panels and most important one of us has factory that is already consuming megawatts of energy. We can also manufacture custom stuff of any material directly on site (e.g. racks to contain most of the components). The idea was to start next month with something like 50 GPU and few Antminers just for fun and eventually go for a large-scale infrastructure if it's worth with hundreds of ASIC and GPU. Obviously we have money to support this project and we won't cry if it's a total failure. We can stand that.

This may seem like an odd question but what are the best practice to create a mining datacenter? Keep in mind that more or less I know how to "play" with a conventional datacenter for hosting providers (it was my old job). I suppose that ASIC/GPU miners and servers share many aspects, requirements, dos and don'ts. No dust, low temperatures, ventilation and stuff like that but is there something peculiar or relevant on which I should focus for an ecosystem made of miners?

Thank you for your time Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Volcomstarr (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:52:48 PM

I'm gonna bump my owm post with new details.

For now we decided go with an "asap" configuration starting with 10 kwh solar panels and 2x UPS (can't remember their wattage) with cheap energy from power gird. The building is situated in Italy (Sicily) therefore we can enjoy almost 365 days of sun Cheesy We decided to install all our rigs inside electric containers like this one...

http://www.eleco.mo.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Container-Cabine-Elettriche-9.jpg

Each container has conditioned air from one side and heat extractor on the opposite side. We put all containers inside the building for extra safety. I still have to figure out if in this specific scenario fans installed in front of GPUs are necessary. I don't want to waste power and money fans that are probably useless. To host masternodes we are going to use a standard datacenter therefore there's nothing special to say.

I am open to suggestions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: