Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I’m New to GPU Mining, using NiceHash to Mine But want something different  (Read 153 times)
thurlowweed (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 01:04:16 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 03:01:09 AM by thurlowweed

I am new to GPU  mining, I built my first miner and it’s working great mining with the NiceHash miner, but I want to Mine separate Altcoins, using different pools. The problem I’m having is I cannot figure out how to get any of the miners to work.

I’m using an Nvidia 1060 GPU (yes just one right now) and with NiceHash I’m making about $3 per day.  I want to  build larger Riggs, but first I would like to figure out how to use different minors, and set them up. Is there anybody out there who would mind helping me a bit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:32:46 AM

Pick an equihash coin to mine.  Do some youtube searching on how to mine the coin you decide on.  There are plenty of people who have made videos on setting up the different miners.  It's basically editing a file to tell the software what pool you want to use and what wallet you want the pool to send your mined coins to.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
slanislaw

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:35:38 AM

The world is your oyster! There is 1,000,001 posts, pages, and videos on the subject.

Find a coin you like and research how to mine it. It's really easy. Or tell us a coin you like and we'll help you.
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:36:19 AM

Another thing you can research is overclocking and undervolting your 1060.  

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
malthrax

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:39:32 AM

how to use different minors, and set them up

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:46:57 AM

You just reminded me of how I miss the days when Bill was in office.

fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:48:17 AM

I am new to GOU mining, I built my first miner and it’s working great mining with the NiceHash miner, but I want to Mine separate Altcoins, using different pools. The problem I’m having is I cannot figure out how to get any of the miners to work.

I’m using an Nvidia 1060 GPU (yes just one right now) and with NiceHash I’m making about $3 per day.  I want to  build larger Riggs, but first I would like to figure out how to use different minors, and set them up. Is there anybody out there who would mind helping me a bit?

You are using my same GPU. Nvidia GPUs are very profitable mining Bitcore BTX, the coin I am mining myself with my rig.

If you have Telegram, there are two very active channels that guide you to do everything, join us on these two channels:

https://t.me/bitcore_btx_official

https://t.me/bitcorepool

thurlowweed (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:57:00 AM

The world is your oyster! There is 1,000,001 posts, pages, and videos on the subject.

Find a coin you like and research how to mine it. It's really easy. Or tell us a coin you like and we'll help you.

I understand that there is, I have only been doing this for a few weeks, and all of the minors I download and try to set up don’t seem to work for some reason. I’m having troubles understanding where to put the code in to make a minor work. I’ve watched hours and hours  videos, I actually joined this forum after trying this for weeks. Believe me I’ve tried to do this on my own. Thank you for the help and pointing me to videos that I already knew was out there.
slanislaw

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:04:12 AM

I understand that there is, I have only been doing this for a few weeks, and all of the minors I download and try to set up don’t seem to work for some reason. I’m having troubles understanding where to put the code in to make a minor work. I’ve watched hours and hours  videos, I actually joined this forum after trying this for weeks. Believe me I’ve tried to do this on my own. Thank you for the help and pointing me to videos that I already knew was out there.

Don't get smart.. I'm trying to help you. You provided no information. What coin do you want to mine? We can't help you without knowing that.

Once you learn one coin you'll be able to take to your new found knowledge to other coins.
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:05:27 AM

Ok then give us specifics ... What miner?  What coin?  What is the problem?  What error are you seeing when you start the miner?  Specifics!!!  We can't help without specifics.  What you asked is basically like me going into an auto mechanic's forum and saying "my car won't start, tell me why".  The answer to your question is out there, but the details are the only way to solve the problem.

gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:08:51 AM

Don't get smart.. I'm trying to help you. You provided no information. What coin do you want to mine? We can't help you without knowing that.

Once you learn one coin you'll be able to take to your new found knowledge to other coins.

I didn't even realize that the OP turned into a doucebag in a thread that he was asking for help in, before your post ... Lol ... I was trying to be nice and not swear at him, but JESUS CHRIST!  DETAILS OR FUCK OFF!  Learn how to ask intelligent questions, please.

slanislaw

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:13:48 AM

I didn't even realize that the OP turned into a doucebag in a thread that he was asking for help in, before your post ... Lol ... I was trying to be nice and not swear at him, but JESUS CHRIST!  DETAILS OR FUCK OFF!  Learn how to ask intelligent questions, please.

I know.. lol. wtf.  Roll Eyes
thurlowweed (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:20:59 AM

Ok then give us specifics ... What miner?  What coin?  What is the problem?  What error are you seeing when you start the miner?  Specifics!!!  We can't help without specifics.  What you asked is basically like me going into an auto mechanic's forum and saying "my car won't start, tell me why".  The answer to your question is out there, but the details are the only way to solve the problem.

Hey sorry man I'm frustrated.  I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. I've never even used a forum.  This was just my last ditch effort to figure this out.  I'm getting paid from NiceHash, but I know they were hacked, and I just don't want to have to deal with that.  I've also been wanting to mine Bitcoin Gold and Zcash. 

I have miners that work when I start them, but I don't know which pool they are mining from, and since I didn't put any info in, I know they're not depositing into my wallet. 

I don't know how else or what else to explain.  I've found miners, and I watch videos or read document on how to set them up, and there is either not the file to change that I'm suppose to change, or I can't find the file, or if I do find the file, I'm not putting the info in the right place. IDK.
thurlowweed (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:28:55 AM

I understand that there is, I have only been doing this for a few weeks, and all of the minors I download and try to set up don’t seem to work for some reason. I’m having troubles understanding where to put the code in to make a minor work. I’ve watched hours and hours  videos, I actually joined this forum after trying this for weeks. Believe me I’ve tried to do this on my own. Thank you for the help and pointing me to videos that I already knew was out there.

Hey man I understand I may have got smart, but no need to talk to me that way.  I'm sure you've been a smart ass to people when you're frustrated to.  I've never done mining and I've never even used a forum. Again, sorry I got smart.
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:44:39 AM

Holy shit, this is going nowhere quickly.

Ok ... Let's mine zcash (zec) ... Straight up ZEC mining ... What miner are you trying to use?  What wallet are you using for zec?  And what pool are you trying to use?

If you can't answer those question, I don't think you've even tried to mine zec as a single coin.  If that is the case ... Take a look a Vosk's videos on zec mining.  It will probably clear up a lot of your frustration.

thurlowweed (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:00:09 AM

Holy shit, this is going nowhere quickly.

Ok ... Let's mine zcash (zec) ... Straight up ZEC mining ... What miner are you trying to use?  What wallet are you using for zec?  And what pool are you trying to use?

If you can't answer those question, I don't think you've even tried to mine zec as a single coin.  If that is the case ... Take a look a Vosk's videos on zec mining.  It will probably clear up a lot of your frustration.

At first I started with the Simpler Miner.  I believe that one is $2 per day, and once I realized that, well that's not very effective with the rig I'm currently running.  So I tried bbt MultiMiner.  I found where I put in my Zcash wallet, but I never put the pool info in.  When I start the miner it works, but I don't know if it's going to deposit to the correct address, because it's not working with my worker on the pool. (If that makes sense.)

I like Vosk's videos and have watched quite a few.  I'll watch the ZEC video and see if that will help clear it up.  I've also been looking for more video on the bbt MultiMiner.

Thank you for your help.
VisualMinerMonitor

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:54:29 AM

At first I started with the Simpler Miner.  I believe that one is $2 per day, and once I realized that, well that's not very effective with the rig I'm currently running.

SimpleMining is $2 per month, not per day. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: