Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:03:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting in mining  (Read 249 times)
Korii (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:06:50 AM

So hey guys , ive recently got into cryptocurrency and now im testing mining, i currently have my gaming pc with gtx 1060 3gb , and  i wondered which coin is best to mine with it , and what rig i could build with like 500$ also, Are there any overclocks you can recommend for now ?

Thx.
malthrax

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:07:40 AM

So hey guys , ive recently got into cryptocurrency and now im testing mining, i currently have my gaming pc with gtx 1060 3gb , and  i wondered which coin is best to mine with it , and what rig i could build with like 500$ also, Are there any overclocks you can recommend for now ?

Thx.

Why don't you skim the first 3 pages of this forum and check on the dozens of other threads where this question was asked in the last six hours before starting another one?
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:08:44 AM

You cant really build a rig with just $500 as that is the price of a decent card right now.  If you have extra PCIe slots in your motherboard you could look at adding 1 or 2 1060 3gb cards if you can find them for around high 200s.  For the most profitable go to www.whattomine.com
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:18:06 AM

It's just crazy the number of people like him that keep coming in here asking the same stupid fucking questions without doing a single bit of fucking research.  What the guy above said ... Read the first few pages of this forum for christ sakes.  Actually ... Read this forum non-stop for the next 2-4 weeks for hours and hours every day ... And then come back here with intelligent questions based on your research. 

Now scram!

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:12:36 AM

It's just crazy the number of people like him that keep coming in here asking the same stupid fucking questions without doing a single bit of fucking research.  What the guy above said ... Read the first few pages of this forum for christ sakes.  Actually ... Read this forum non-stop for the next 2-4 weeks for hours and hours every day ... And then come back here with intelligent questions based on your research. 

Now scram!
its not thier fault there needs to be a faq/sticked thread with all these basic info
the admins here too damn lazy so we will continue to be inundated with these dumb threads
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:56:33 AM

You're right.  It's not their fault for being stupid.  They were just born that way and they never learned how to research the ideals that peaked their curiousity. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:24:52 AM

You're right.  It's not their fault for being stupid.  They were just born that way and they never learned how to research the ideals that peaked their curiousity. 
lol well not all thier fualt , this forum is pretty antiquated
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:36:46 AM

lol well not all thier fualt , this forum is pretty antiquated

Antiquated? Lol ... There is a wealth of information on this forum that is up to date and as you can see, we're all here communicating on a daily basis.  How is that antiquated? 

I'm happy to answer questions that are based on legit research.  I'm angry when I see the same questions asking for the bible to mining on a daily basis.  The OP asked some stupid shit.  If he has been getting his feet wet and mining with his 1060, he would have provided some details.  It wouldn't be "what coin should I mine".  He would have given the details of his experience and the issues that he faces or questions that he has on a very detailed level.  He is another idiot that probably has no knowledge of hardware and expects the rest of us to help him through his A+ certification.  Fuck that.  That isn't what this forum is for.

sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:47:25 PM

Your GTX 1060 3GB is good for mining. However, if you are going to find $500 PC for mining, I don't think that will work. You need more money to build a mining pc.

slimfit88

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:24:22 PM

please visit this site
CALCULATOR MINING
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=40&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0.12

COIN PROFIT
https://whattomine.com/

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

you can know your target coins profitable, speed, and other.
and i think if you start mining using 500$ is not enough, its a ltitle amount for mining, better invest your money after you has maybe 3000$, you can build 1 GPU RIG
ArtPt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:29:45 PM

Unfortunately you can not build a rig for $500. It is almost full cost of any suitable mining card. But you should expect to buy good PSU among with suitable mobo/cpu and other components. So, only if you already have good computer, then you can buy decent card and start mining, but don't expect fast ROI. Overclocking and some tweaks can only give you around 10% of speed which is nothing in terms of money.

So, you can invest these $500 hoping for 10x and after that if you are lucky, you can try to build rig. Decent ones are starting from $5000.

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:10:43 PM

Now scram!
its not thier fault there needs to be a faq/sticked thread with all these basic info
the admins here too damn lazy so we will continue to be inundated with these dumb threads

its not up to the admins and yes it is the users own fault for not doing shit on there own like some simple research, people are getting tired of answering the same danm shit every single day. its annoying as heck maybe you want to hold there hand too while your at mr marvell2.

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
hamaranta

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:40:39 PM

as far i know minimal recruitment for mining eth need 4gb ddr5 for gpu memory. $500 is only for vga budget. i running single gpu rx580 and wd 0.05 eth in 16days  Grin
Mariahuhu

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:50:45 PM

Hi all. I'm new to crypto world and I want to start mining. I need suggestions or recommendations where do I start it? Thank you in advance.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
gotminer

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Hi all. I'm new to crypto world and I want to start mining. I need suggestions or recommendations where do I start it? Thank you in advance.

Wow ... Look at the balls on this one.

Sledge0001

Activity: 600
Merit: 152

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:19:46 PM

The EVGA 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR (The single fan card everyone says not to buy or mine with... lol) with Hynix memory seems to top out at +280 on the memory speeds and +30 on the GPU. These are the "stable" overclock settings that I am using on several rigs each loaded with 8 of these cards. Having 8 of these cards running on a single rig earns me anywhere from $18-$34 a day on NiceHash.

If you are really considering mining $500 isn't going to get far. You wouldn't even be able to purchase 2 x 1060 3GB cards with that budget.
Mariahuhu

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:34:45 AM

Well yeah the more you risk the more you gain and If I will not risk on this then I will not gain anything. Thank you for acknowledging me Cheesy

ss10miner

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:28:25 AM

stop mining, and join ICO. a real ICO (not spam) will take more profits that you have thinked in the dream.
Mariahuhu

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:59:15 PM

stop mining, and join ICO. a real ICO (not spam) will take more profits that you have thinked in the dream.

Yeah. I've already joined ICO's but I think it is also good  to mine.

gotminer

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:28:25 PM

Well yeah the more you risk the more you gain and If I will not risk on this then I will not gain anything. Thank you for acknowledging me Cheesy

My comment had nothing to do with taking risks.  It had to do with you asking pretty much the same question as the OP after he had already been slapped on the hand for asking fucked up questions and doing zero research.  Pretty much what you did, only you didn't start a new thread ... You just hijacked his ... Lol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: