Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: That moment when a DEX makes your life easier and helps you turn a profit  (Read 85 times)
j4y_naKomodo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:25:11 AM

Story time!

So I saw the recent announcement from Hush about their swap. I thought I would use my funnymoney to trade for some, so I logged into my account. Oh, not on Bittrex, that's okay.... CRYPTOPIA? Pass. Okay let's check my BarterDEX test account, see if any is available to trade...

So I downloaded the latest release from Github, installed. I logged into my test account that has a small amount of KMD my electrum address, activate both KMD and HUSH, then hit the exchange. THERE IS (at the time of writing this) about 500,000+ HUSH available on BarterDEX I used the KMD I had available to test a swap (as it had been a while since I tested a version of BarterDEX) and BOOM

Within 5 minutes of installing the program, I made atomic swaps to trade KMD for HUSH

https://i.imgur.com/wCXlU2t.png

No blockchain download. So what now? I traded my funds on Bittrex for KMD at "I-don't-even-care" sats and transferred them immediate to my BarterDEX electrum KMD address. Within another 5 minutes I had moved my funds off a central exchange to trade P2P on a decentralized exchange (and for a better price hint hint hint)...

IT'S HAPPENING
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: