Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory online mode help and other problems  (Read 5571 times)
thewayshegoes (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:58:43 PM

I've been having a lot of problems with Armory and it's been extremely frustrating not being able to access my btc for around 3 months.  Let me sum up what had happened so far.

Ok, I was originally using Armory on a system with 3gb of RAM, and since about 3 months ago I haven't been able to use Armory on that system.  It won't load.  I read on the Armory website that you need 6gb of RAM now.

So, I got a system with the required 6GB of RAM, and downloaded the latest version of Armory.  For some reason, when I click the icon to run the program it doesn't load.  It shows the program running in the task manager, but it never opens.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing changes.

So... Now to my current problem. 

I tried downloading an older version (0.87) and to my delight Armory opens.  The problem now is, that it will not go to online mode.  I have Bitcoin QT downloaded and up to date and Armory just stays in offline mode.  This might be a stupid question, but how do I get Armory to go into online mode?

Thanks!
LogicalUnit

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:39:31 AM

Have you told Armory in settings where your Bitcoin-Qt install is located?
thewayshegoes (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:59:36 PM

I can't seem to find any settings in the Armory client where I can specify where Bitcoin-Qt is installed.  The closest thing to settings I can find is File > Preferences, but there is nothing there that lets me specify a folder..
TierNolan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:09:33 PM

I think you can still do it manually.  Start bitcoin-qt and then start armory?

1LxbG5cKXzTwZg9mjL3gaRE835uNQEteWF
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 07:20:59 PM

got the same problem and it won't work even if I manually set the paths. wtf?

etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 07:59:43 PM

Are you using the latest version of Armory (0.88.1)?  It has options in File->Preferences, but not in the previous versions.  If you are running a previous version, you have to use " --satoshi-datadir=/path/to/blocksdir" as a command-line argument when you run Armory (change the target of the shortcut on your desktop, or try running from cmd window).  You can use the same cmd arguments with the newer version, too, but the preferences window now gives you the option.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 11:35:53 AM

Are you using the latest version of Armory (0.88.1)?  It has options in File->Preferences, but not in the previous versions.  If you are running a previous version, you have to use " --satoshi-datadir=/path/to/blocksdir" as a command-line argument when you run Armory (change the target of the shortcut on your desktop, or try running from cmd window).  You can use the same cmd arguments with the newer version, too, but the preferences window now gives you the option.

yep, didn't work. running bitcoin-qt manually did it it though.

greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:07:55 PM

I was hoping to use Armory to do some Blockchain querying in Python, would this also require a large amount of RAM?

Why does it require so much, can anything be done? Are there any bounties to help get this solved?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: