Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:21:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fee  (Read 248 times)
Phridom (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:38:23 AM

Say one has to send 35 dollars to complete a transaction but the priority fee is 25 dollars. Could one send the 25 dollar fee plus add an extra 10 dollars to make it so it all adds up to 35 dollars? This way so one doesn’t have to send a total of 60 dollars?
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:53:04 AM

yes. the fee its extreamly annoying . but if you smart trader you can use any tricks to cover it.
1. use altcoin as optional . in this case i prefer use ETH or BCH or LTC . its most Popular and Big Volume trade in market.
2. use Custom FEE . but i will take a long time to get confirmation in tx . i did fee $3 for send $80 . confirmation 1 after 2 week almost 3 weeks .
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:53:43 AM

I am not sure whether I have understood your concern correctly. But lets take an hypothetical example. If you need to send $100 to a different address and the wallet is asking for $35 fees, then your total expenditure will be $135 for that transaction. The transaction fees are extra which is added with the transaction. So if you are sending $100 to someone, $135 will be your final expense. I hope this helps!

Phridom (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:27:01 AM

yes. the fee its extreamly annoying . but if you smart trader you can use any tricks to cover it.
1. use altcoin as optional . in this case i prefer use ETH or BCH or LTC . its most Popular and Big Volume trade in market.
2. use Custom FEE . but i will take a long time to get confirmation in tx . i did fee $3 for send $80 . confirmation 1 after 2 week almost 3 weeks .

Im running a small business sending bitcoin to a merch and for two weeks I had no business because i sent too low of a fee.

I am not sure whether I have understood your concern correctly. But lets take an hypothetical example. If you need to send $100 to a different address and the wallet is asking for $35 fees, then your total expenditure will be $135 for that transaction. The transaction fees are extra which is added with the transaction. So if you are sending $100 to someone, $135 will be your final expense. I hope this helps!

I had a hard time wording it myself so sorry if u didn’t understand. What you said makes helps I just thought there was a loophole.
febieki23

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:34:11 AM

Do not use FEE too small For Large Transaction comrades I do not go in for 1 month.   Grin Grin Grin
Phridom (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:46:52 AM

Do not use FEE too small For Large Transaction comrades I do not go in for 1 month.   Grin Grin Grin

Dammmn longest time I had to wait was 10 days but luckily coinpayment noticed the transaction and told the merchant funds received so he sent my package. It didn’t confirm on blockchain 10 days later which was wierd. Tried goofing the system a second time and it didnt work confirmed last 2 hours before it expired then coinpayment said funds received.
Mr.Junker

Activity: 222
Merit: 250

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:56:10 AM

I agree you sir, by utilizing altcoin as the exchange rate between exchange may reduce the current huge fee if we do bitcoin trading. almost all exchanges apply a high enough fee for bitcoin trade. as friends said above maybe you can also compare fees from other exchange but for bitcoin I think its fee will be almost the same. compared to altcoin, ethereum and other fee bitcoin trade is greater.

Itty Bitty

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:06:21 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 09:35:58 AM by Itty Bitty

There seems to be some kind of very expensive mempool attack going on.

For example, in block #502975, mined by BTC.TOP

There are hundreds and hundreds of one input, one output transactions, whose fees are 0.0018753 BTC (525 sat/byte) and in other parts of the block many many one input, one output transactions with miner fee of  0.00117702 BTC (also 525 Sat/Byte)

Randomly checking other blocks.

In block #502980, mined by BTC.com

There are hundreds and hubdreds of one input, one output transactions, whose fees are 0.00118993 BTC (528 Sat/byte). also many hundreds of one input, one output transactions have fees of 0.00118956 BTC (528 Sat/byte)

Didn't see any transactions in these blocks less than 350 Sat/byte, despite fee sites (such as bitcoinfees2.com) not showing anywhere near as many large fee transactions.

I doubt more than a couple percent of transaction in these blocks are real world genuine authentic transactions. Miners are filling up these blocks with garbage transactions (mining software probably set to prioritize certain fee amounts). Miner mafia continues unabated. Gross.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:13:04 AM

Say one has to send 35 dollars to complete a transaction but the priority fee is 25 dollars. Could one send the 25 dollar fee plus add an extra 10 dollars to make it so it all adds up to 35 dollars? This way so one doesn’t have to send a total of 60 dollars?

only your bank can answer this because banks are the ones processing "dollars" transactions not anyone here. and each bank has a different set of fee rules they use for processing transactions and they may even prioritize them based on the amount being transferred.

if you have a bitcoin transaction question then first start by talking about it in terms of bitcoin and fees in terms of "satoshi per byte". so we can answer you.

Only Bitcoin
silverstar43
Copper Member

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

always a satoshi short

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:22:59 AM

Fees were crazy end of 2017, but I noticed is slightly lower now.
Tried funding my bitpay debit card 2 weeks ago and the crazy fee was over $38 and something called a sweeping fee...
But, their wallet has the ability to customize fees for some relief.

If your sending from exodus wallet, your stuck on default fees.
I am not a fan of using an exchange hotwallet to store bitcoin, but I noticed gdax and gemini do not charge fees.
I was told "someone" has to pay the fees, I assume they do.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

Why Bitcoin fee is increasing day by day. How actually it is calculated. Is there any way to save this amount. Guys
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:53:15 AM

That's why BCH come out. Bitcoin never will be used as daily currency.
BCH is not a better option. BCH is only postponing the scaling issue. If BCH became massively adopted the way Bitcoin is, it will only be a matter of time before it starts facing the same issue.
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

Why Bitcoin fee is increasing day by day. How actually it is calculated. Is there any way to save this amount. Guys

Move all your bitcoins over to a segwit address and use segwit transactions to save on fees (and get quicker confirmations).

The Electrum desktop wallet has full segwit support if you don't have a hardware wallet..
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:59:19 AM

If you want get more small fee to send your bitcoin, you can convert it to altcoin, just trade it. You can get a small fee. For example Convert Ethereum, that fee just about less than $5
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:05:07 AM

If you want get more small fee to send your bitcoin, you can convert it to altcoin, just trade it. You can get a small fee. For example Convert Ethereum, that fee just about less than $5
The transaction cost is really now a very big problem. Probably all started to fight this phenomenon through the exchange of bitcoins at eth. So we see that the demand for this coin increases and, accordingly, the price constantly goes up. I think that the developers of bitcoin should draw conclusions from the situation.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:10:39 AM

The transaction cost is really now a very big problem. Probably all started to fight this phenomenon through the exchange of bitcoins at eth. So we see that the demand for this coin increases and, accordingly, the price constantly goes up. I think that the developers of bitcoin should draw conclusions from the situation.
Yes, I think developer need to update fee transaction of bitcoin. This is not bitcoin in 2 years ago, the price is goes increased fast for last year.
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:55:59 AM

Recommending ETH right now for low fees is a bad idea, the mempool is filled with pending tx and the gwei price for gas is super high right now
blitz18

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:01:20 AM

Recommending ETH right now for low fees is a bad idea, the mempool is filled with pending tx and the gwei price for gas is super high right now
Even ETH these days when you use it is expensive also. It will cost you high gas just to proceed for the transactions. Ive tried to make a transactions in ethereum the fees is really expensive so both eth and btc are high fees.
soma50

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:07:31 AM

Fee is increasing day by day. How it is actually calculated. You should see how the amount should be saved. Let's accept the fee but it is necessary to get the right amount. I think so
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:13:15 AM

This fee is indeed annoying I don't think it will work that way if you are going to transact with a small amount, it is better to choose altcoin, or do it through paypal in my case I retain my paypal account, and recommend it whenever I do a small amount of transaction.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: