Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC OBSESSION!!!  (Read 593 times)
Roger100 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:39:20 PM

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wanted to declare my exsistence to all so that i may contribute to this mighty forum. Got me a hold of some usb miners recently and find the whole mining thing fascinating to say the least. Really interested in the next gen asic technology and where it will lead to, and as such want to chat about it with you guys. So yeah, hi to one and all!

Rog.
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:51:42 PM

Welcome!

Be careful with obsession. Some people find themselves trading off good money at a real job to make fractions of dollars a day with bitcoins..so be weary. Smiley

Otherwise, bitcoins rock. Cheesy

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:56:30 PM

Well obsession usually leads in bad decisions.
like buying usb asic miners...  Roll Eyes

APostcardWouldBeNice

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

Hi,

New too, i got some satoshis as a gift, because i'm also into computers. Cool
And now i want some more  Smiley
But i have no clue what to do with them (yet).   Roll Eyes
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:20:16 PM

Forget about mining BTC, too many people have too many ASICs going already.  You will only receive disappointment.

Go into mining the scrypt coins, like DigitalCoin and LiteCoin.  You will be far better off.
HollowIP

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:33:50 PM

Forget about mining BTC, too many people have too many ASICs going already.  You will only receive disappointment.

Go into mining the scrypt coins, like DigitalCoin and LiteCoin.  You will be far better off.

I agree, the difficulty is exponential, therefore profits will decrease exponentially. I mean, look at the next difficulty jump. http://bitcoindifficulty.com/  Its crazy.

Speaking of which- Imagine if you could use those block eruptors on scrypt coins. 330mhash's would be a pretty, pretty penny on a scrypt coin.

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
Roger100 (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:00:20 PM

I know all too well the usb miners wont make any money. Its not about making money for me, its about learning something new whilst physically mining something virtual that has a percieved value. I make enough regular money in my day job as a gigolo. (j/k) Smiley

I would like to try mining scrypt based coins, but i'd have to use graphics cards for that, right? My 2x gtx580's arent too good at mining and need a small foundry worth of power to get them going, unfortunately.

I do like the idea of solar powered mining rigs, so i plan on fiddling somewhat in that area. Hopefully i'll be able to contribute something worth reading. Anyway, glad to be here and thanks for the warm welcome.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: