Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion on DeepOnion's WhtiePaper? is good enough or not?  (Read 137 times)
lishuun (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:36:21 AM

DeepOnion WhtiePaper
https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf
fight2018

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:59:55 AM

Seems nothing special...
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:45:11 PM

I do not advise taking projects where there is no information about the team. Good projects usually disclose it. Also volume white paper is very small.

We still dont know who Satoshi is.. Im afraid, thats not a very good argument.

To the PO.. I dont like Deep Onion.. So no, to me its not good enough.
cryptoarena

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:00:35 PM

Looking at the recent developments of DeepOnion and the volume/price rise I think the whitepaper has been received really well by the public. DeepOnion is gaining a lot of attention and also winning a lot of trust of ex-Verge fans.
sic_null

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:33:46 PM

It's fine, it explains their plan. It shows their goal. That's the point right?

I don't personally feel that a white paper is the breaking point of a project.
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:37:37 PM

I do not advise taking projects where there is no information about the team. Good projects usually disclose it. Also volume white paper is very small.

We still dont know who Satoshi is.. Im afraid, thats not a very good argument.

To the PO.. I dont like Deep Onion.. So no, to me its not good enough.

well said. There are good reasons as to why some developers do not disclose their identity. It's especially understood better since it is a privacy coin to begin with, it's synonymous. BTC started that way and so did BCO , as I said for good reasons. If the protocol works then it should speak for itself.
cryptoarena

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:02:34 AM

It's fine, it explains their plan. It shows their goal. That's the point right?

I don't personally feel that a white paper is the breaking point of a project.

A whitepaper is just to show their plan, to get better understanding of the projects' goals. A roadmap really shows what the plans are for short term, in crypto I think that is even more important and really shows what the team is doing.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:40:16 PM

Deeponion is a nother shitcoin that is being over hyped by the people,nothing special about it i would rather buy xspec if i am into privacy.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:43:25 PM

I'm obviously biased but I honestly thought the white paper was really professional and realistic.  If I didn't feel that why I would have ignored this thread.  They aren't promising the world but they are promising real, proven development that takes some of the best features of other coins add some of its own innovation to the blockchain and merges the select best features into a project that is unique from the rest.  The white paper laid out:

1) DeepVault - This is novel and no one else uses their blockchain for a similar use.  If there were any concerns about the development teams dedication or abilities then this should ease those concerns because this is all new code.  DeepVault utilizes the DeepOnion blockchain to perform a file authenticity service that has a real world use.

2) DeepSend - Zero-knowledge mixing service is planned.  This is a proven mixing protocol that is utilized by coins such as ZCash.  This hides who sent transactions by obfuscating transaction traces.  

3) Tor Network Integration - Wallet is already integrated with the tor network which hides your physical location.

4) VoteCentral - Community governance protocol for deciding which actions DeepOnion will take going forward.

5) Smart Contracts - will be developed in 2018.  

Do your own research but I don't think this is a generic white paper and its illegitimate to say there is nothing new or unique about the project as it already has a working product that is unique to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: