Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:28:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Litecoin glitch  (Read 1155 times)
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:00:20 PM

My address LUmrXVibufVSyDtEhJQTWT2DzEtN1sUBzA on Block explorer and a few other websites say I have ~100 litecoins in my address. However, my client says I have ~400. I have been mining and saving up for awhile, and know I have 400 (or at least should) on that address. Why are other website saying differently? I am running v0.6.3c, and was going to upgrade today. Was there some sort of fork in the past that removed the 400 I should have right now? I'm confused and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Thanks

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:04:29 PM

My address LUmrXVibufVSyDtEhJQTWT2DzEtN1sUBzA on Block explorer and a few other websites say I have ~100 litecoins in my address. However, my client says I have ~400. I have been mining and saving up for awhile, and know I have 400 (or at least should) on that address. Why are other website saying differently? I am running v0.6.3c, and was going to upgrade today. Was there some sort of fork in the past that removed the 400 I should have right now? I'm confused and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Thanks

Block explorer's are often incorrect.

I have about 50 LTC in my wallet and the block explorer says I have 35.

If someone could explain this to me, I'd appreciate it Tongue

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

You must have 2 adresses on a single wallet, and some of your ballance is on that other one.

I'm 99.9% shure  everything is cool and you can access all 400 of your LTC   .

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:10:48 PM

Yeah, I am a little worried. Last year I bought a thousand coins when they we worth a few cents a piece. Forgot to backup my wallet when I reinstalled my PC. The more and more the value goes up, the more I regret my stupidity back then. I'd hate to lose a bunch of coins a second time.

You must have 2 adresses on a single wallet, and some of your ballance is on that other one.

I'm 99.9% shure  everything is cool and you can access all 400 of your LTC   .
Nope, just one address. I was thinking about moving all 400 over to btc-e, and download the newest client release with a new address and send the coins back to avoid any upgrade/wallet issues. The fee is so damn expensive though.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:16:53 PM

Yeah, I am a little worried. Last year I bought a thousand coins when they we worth a few cents a piece. Forgot to backup my wallet when I reinstalled my PC. The more and more the value goes up, the more I regret my stupidity back then. I'd hate to lose a bunch of coins a second time.

I'm 99.9% shure  everything is cool and you can access all 400 of your LTC   .
Nope, just one address. I was thinking about moving all 400 over to btc-e, and download the newest client release with a new address and send the coins back to avoid any upgrade/wallet issues. The fee is so damn expensive though.

No your coins should be fine.

And you're lucky you lost them when they were only a few cents each. I'd cry if I lost a few thousand LTC now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
coinerd

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:32:46 PM

The wallet uses multiple addresses without telling you.

Open your RPC console and enter the command "listreceivedbyaddress" that might help clarify things.
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:42:31 PM

Open your RPC console and enter the command "listreceivedbyaddress" that might help clarify things.
Code:
17:39:31
listreceivedbyaddress

[
{
"address" : "LUmrXVibufVSyDtEhJQTWT2DzEtN1sUBzA",
"account" : "",
"amount" : 695.84374004,
"confirmations" : 70
}
]
Is there a way to list the other addresses? That command seems to only list the one.

coinerd

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:51:27 PM

Code:
listreceivedbyaddress

[
{
}
]
Is there a way to list the other addresses? That command seems to only list the one.

That definitely implies that you have only the one address. 

Did you send coins to get from 695.84374004 to 400?  It would be odd if you had a single input for 295.84374004 and therefore no change addresses or anything. Though to be fair, there are quite a few branches int he "Satoshi-wallet family tree" and they constantly surprise me.

Try - getaddressesbyaccount "" - Those quotes are part of the command and will cause it to list addresses for the default wallet account.

Does that also show only the one address? Perhaps it's not displaying it's own change tx/address there or something.

You've got me curious.
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:01:33 PM

Code:
listreceivedbyaddress

[
{
}
]

That definitely implies that you have only the one address. 

Did you send coins to get from 695.84374004 to 400?  It would be odd if you had a single input for 295.84374004 and therefore no change addresses or anything. Though to be fair, there are quite a few branches int he "Satoshi-wallet family tree" and they constantly surprise me.

Try - getaddressesbyaccount "" - Those quotes are part of the command and will cause it to list addresses for the default wallet account.

Does that also show only the one address? Perhaps it's not displaying it's own change tx/address there or something.

You've got me curious.
Code:
17:58:35
getaddressesbyaccount ""

[
"LQB9i8M95j7hhde19XZ8hnoxYS5bJiyXdz",
"LZd3jC3LkTT44hkFB4uqYboRcB5RzoWp8W",
"LUmrXVibufVSyDtEhJQTWT2DzEtN1sUBzA"
]
Well, that seems to list two more addresses that block explorer has said I have sent stuff to in the past. But those two addresses are currently empty.

coinerd

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:22:51 PM

Code:
getaddressesbyaccount ""

[
]
Well, that seems to list two more addresses that block explorer has said I have sent stuff to in the past. But those two addresses are currently empty.

Try these:

getbalance LQB9i8M95j7hhde19XZ8hnoxYS5bJiyXdz
getbalance LZd3jC3LkTT44hkFB4uqYboRcB5RzoWp8W
getbalance LUmrXVibufVSyDtEhJQTWT2DzEtN1sUBzA

to make sure they're actually empty.

I just downloaded the new litecoin QT - if you can't see your coins in those three accounts you could try the "listaccounts" command to see if there's another account there - then you would go through the procedure of getting addresses for that account and getting their balances too.

The empty quotes after the getaddressesbyaccount limits it to addresses that are in the default account of the wallet. But if you had ever labeled an address or something it may have created another account for it, as well.

mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:28:21 PM

Code:
getaddressesbyaccount ""

[
]

Try these:

to make sure they're actually empty.

I just downloaded the new litecoin QT - if you can't see your coins in those three accounts you could try the "listaccounts" command to see if there's another account there - then you would go through the procedure of getting addresses for that account and getting their balances too.

The empty quotes after the getaddressesbyaccount limits it to addresses that are in the default account of the wallet. But if you had ever labeled an address or something it may have created another account for it, as well.

This is so weird...
Code:
18:27:11

18:27:22

18:27:30

18:28:13
listaccounts
{
"" : 404.54374004
}

sigesang

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:43:38 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 11:04:28 PM by sigesang

what do listaccounts and/or listaddressgroupings say?

BTC 1basemmmcpVWVfzZMyLA1r2DJMTMnZYoX LTC LiTeTipdGNcXRjTw5pVnMXjB5FFoEfxPAZ
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:45:55 PM

Thanks

If you want to put your mind at ease, simply send me 300 LTC and all will be good on your end.

~BCX~

I'm sure that would make your day...
coinerd

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:54:08 PM

This is so weird...
Code:

listaccounts
{
"" : 404.54374004
}

Got me, at this point. By manually manipulating transactions I've got some wallets with wierd balance info.  It doesn't sound like you've been (intentionally) doing anything like that.

Worst case if you just have to know, create a new wallet somewhere else and send it the coins.  It won't solve this mystery but you will be able to see where your coins are. Just about every exchange handles LTC if you want to use an exchange wallet for this you can pick one with more moderate fees.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 11:12:00 PM

Do you rescan regularly?

Have you re-scanned since noticing the glitch?

I include rescan on the commandline in my script I use to start the daemon, just in case whatever caused the daemon to not already be running maybe left the wallet in an out of synch state or something, but I have noticed when people have strange problems it often turns out they neglect doing rescan...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:05:48 AM

Do you rescan regularly?

Have you re-scanned since noticing the glitch?

I include rescan on the commandline in my script I use to start the daemon, just in case whatever caused the daemon to not already be running maybe left the wallet in an out of synch state or something, but I have noticed when people have strange problems it often turns out they neglect doing rescan...

-MarkM-

I have not. I didn't notice the "glitch" until yesterday when I decided I'd find out if there was a blockchain.info equivalent for Litecoin. Just for fun, I looked up a few addresses and then my own. That's when I noticed websites were only displaying ~100ltc rather than my ~400. Then I started getting worried that there was some sort of fork and my coins got erased. I know I am suppose to have ~400 and that my client is correct. After losing my thousand coins awhile back, I sucked it up and bought ~400 more at BTC-e. I have had the 400 for a little under a year in the same client. Booted it up every few weeks to download the blockchain and spend/receive a few Litecoins here and there. Started mining LTC a few months back, and have been using Litecoins more often.

At this point, I don't want to run a rescan and risk losing 300 coins. I backed-up my wallet and downloading the newest client version right now. Going to try and get the wallet with the same amount of Litecoins booted up on the new client (I heard the fee/tax is much less now?). I'll send the coins over to an exchange, then have them sent over to a reinstalled brandnew Litecoin client with a new wallet on my main machine.

what do listaccounts and/or listaddressgroupings say?
Gave me an error. I guess that's not a command?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:05:01 PM

A rescan isn't going to lose coins, but of course back up wallet first.

A rescan simply means to flip through the whole blockchain looking for any coins that belong to an address that is in your wallet.

Its what you in any case will need to do if you put the same wallet on another machine for example, for it to show the correct balance based on the wallet it finds in its data directory.

All my coin daemons all do a rescan every time I start them, it finds coins it doesn't lose them!

Many times people had strange problems it turned out they aren't doing rescans.

They ought not be needed all the time like I do them, but any time you don't know for sure the wallet closed down in an orderly fashion last time it was run, you should do one, and as I run lots of daemons and do not always know why exactly a particular one needs to be started (usually the power corp rebooted my machine for example making everything need to be started again when it boots back up) I just have it as part of the startup so I need not, on starting a coin, try to remember whether that specific coin got stopped cleanly or by power failure or gosh knows what else last time it was running.

For sure any time the wallet seems out of synch as yours seems to be, a rescan is called for. It is actually kind of silly for anyone to waste time trying to diagnose your problem unless a rescan does not fix it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:09:59 PM

Code:
listreceivedbyaddress

[
{
}
]
nonono Tongue use listunspent Wink
change addresses dont show up at all the commands other ppls told you!
i guess the account has 1 address with X litecoin and all the others are change addresses holding the rest of your coins

if you litecoind has listaddressgroupings, try it out (ie $ litecoind listaddressgroupings)

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: