Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vega 56 NITRO+ Power Consumption issue  (Read 324 times)
seblind (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:42:36 PM

Yea, im on it!
seblind (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

Got the "normal" wattman. yay..

BUT still jumping from 130 to ~600watts with the settings you posted.

edit: those settings are: Disable/enabe > -30% GPU freq > 950 memory > 3000 min rpm > Cast XMR  Sad
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:32:16 PM

Got the "normal" wattman. yay..

BUT still jumping from 130 to ~600watts with the settings you posted.

edit: those settings are: Disable/enabe > -30% GPU freq > 950 memory > 3000 min rpm > Cast XMR  Sad

That is strange, have you tried each GPU to see if you get the same results?
seblind (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:40:47 PM

I only have the one out of 4 on hand - will try with the other cards tomorrow.

I don't know, could it be motherboard related? ASUS b250 mining coupled with the nitro 56 is not that mature yet.
Motherboard bios update did not help the matter. Guess i'll just mine with this overnight for the hell of it and report back tomorrow when testing another card.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:04:02 PM

I only have the one out of 4 on hand - will try with the other cards tomorrow.

I don't know, could it be motherboard related? ASUS b250 mining coupled with the nitro 56 is not that mature yet.
Motherboard bios update did not help the matter. Guess i'll just mine with this overnight for the hell of it and report back tomorrow when testing another card.

I wouldnt run it if its pulling 600 watts  Shocked  Hopefully its just a display bug on your watt meter.
seblind (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:32:11 PM

With the power tables im at 460W - still insanely high but cant help myself..Just one night
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:41:33 PM

So do you absolutely have to plug in all 3 PCI-e connectors? Or can a card be running with just 2?
RetardationNation

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:20:09 PM

Hey,

just got my nitros and plugged them in today. Quick question, is the bios firmware locked or is there just no modded bios available yet?
Polaris bios editor wouldn't even open the bios. Or perhaps there is no need to change the mem straps?

trixx recognized a vega card but other than that i couldn't change any clocks or power settings.

is wattman or miner config the only ways to undervolt/boost memory for now?

sry i hijacked your thread Smiley

cheers
chuckspadina

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:17:25 AM

I recently got my VEGA 56 NITRO+ as well, and I have the same questions as RetardationNation... if I don't get an answer soon enough, I will probably have to refund all 8 of them
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

The power tables are gone, also while testing your previous config.

Vega card never had monitor, only on-board chip on intel CPU is used.

I want to test your Cast XMR config, but after DDU i have trouble getting wattman back (normally its accessible from statusbar or right-click)
I installed the driver and rebooted link 5 times already. Maybe I should DDU once again..

Btw, earlier when wattman was running fine, i could only downscale GPU Frequency to a maximum of 4%?

Ill keep trying to get the driver working....

Just had to re-install drivers on my Vega rig due to a power cut, and had loads of issues. Eventually downloaded the latest version of DDU and it worked first time, so check your DDU version.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
chuckspadina

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:50:16 AM

Hey,

just got my nitros and plugged them in today. Quick question, is the bios firmware locked or is there just no modded bios available yet?
Polaris bios editor wouldn't even open the bios. Or perhaps there is no need to change the mem straps?

trixx recognized a vega card but other than that i couldn't change any clocks or power settings.

is wattman or miner config the only ways to undervolt/boost memory for now?

sry i hijacked your thread Smiley

cheers

Hey mate, I found out how to change the values on OverdriveNTool (but more importantly, also the SoftPowerPlayTables within REGEDIT) if that's what you're looking to do, which is as good as modding the bios.

I couldn't mod the bios, let alone even read the original roms on either Polaris or SRBPolaris, both of which I used for my RX580's for my ETH rig...

Anyway, if you're looking to use it for cryptonight algo, I'm happy to point you in the right direction!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: