Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit of help with litecoin transaction incorrect address  (Read 86 times)
Miner1985 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:09:52 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 12:33:10 PM by Miner1985

I was sendinding a litecoin payment with bitpanda and when copying and pasting it cut off last 6 digits so I retyped them but put a I instead of a 1 now I've checked that address doesn't exist and the payment is just showing as processing on bit panda with 0 confirmations will I have lost the coins? I'm assuming they won't have been sent to network as address is incorrect can anyone she's some light?
mautenisis

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:52:24 PM

I was sendinding a litecoin payment with bitpanda and when copying and pasting it cut off last 6 digits so I retyped them but put a I instead of a 1 now I've checked that address doesn't exist and the payment is just showing as processing on bit panda with 0 confirmations will I have lost the coins? I'm assuming they won't have been sent to network as address is incorrect can anyone she's some light?
Sorry for your loss,i hope you learned your lessons i too had that experience sending BTC to an invalid address,just move one mate.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:43:43 PM

That would depend on whether or not Bitpanda checks validity of user provided address before they broadcast transaction to the network. It's actually pretty easy to do so as Litecoin addresses are encoded using base58check encoding which contains a 4-byte checksum. However, if Bitpanda doesn't do any validity checks, your funds are most likely lost. In any case, you should contact them asap.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:49:59 PM

If the address is wrong your transaction won't start so you typed a wrong address and someone gonna receive your litecoins for free.If the transaction is still unconfirmed with 0 confirmation then you may cancel it so contact your support team of your wallet for further details.But next time copy the address properly or use QR code to scan address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: