Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think it is good that ICOs keep coming frequently?  (Read 337 times)
imadmirer (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:36:23 PM

I do not think it is good if too many coins keep coming in a short span of time. Many times people cannot uphold a coin for a long time and it ends up into oblivion. There are some scammers too who pop up at times.

These can be avoided if the introduction of a coin is regularized. However, this is not easy and it comes as a collective responsibility of our crypto community.

When there are way too many coins fighting to occupy space and success it may not be conducive to the digital market. The demand for only one existing coin may be so much that the others will have to be withdrawn from the race because there is equal distrust with all new coins.

When a structure comes into existence and when there is a serious regulation in place then I feel doors will be automatically opened for new coins. There should be a balance and investment should be made after thorough analysis of the ICOs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:51:18 PM

of course it is not good but there is nothing can be done about it.
this is a free market which happens to be not-regulated and anybody with little knowledge or some small research can release their own shit and they do do that to make money out of thin air.
and it has turned the cryptocurrency scene into a joke. most people don't ever consider altcoins as a real thing. they simply ignore all of them because you keep seeing all these random useless projects and then see one or two even get big and enter the top 10 coins and fill the news!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Hateculd75

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:22:37 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 11:36:06 AM by Hateculd75

I have no problem with the new currencies that are trying to emerge but the problem with zombies who copy and paste codes several times with a few changes to achieve profits, they are trying to profit from deception.
it is tooo many icos all just copy and paste and want to be rich fast.

also big players will join and use them money to pumping Icos for 2-4 months and collects money.

fuck them that is sucks
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:47:39 PM

There is nothing we can do to stop or lessen those projects to come out every now and then because there is no law for this and governments cannot find a way to regulate it. this is why some countries are banning ICO and running an ICO is not that hard. you will just have to make your own shitcoin from ethereum smart contracts and just copy the codes from everywhere and start offering it to people.
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

I do not think it is good if too many coins keep coming in a short span of time. Many times people cannot uphold a coin for a long time and it ends up into oblivion. There are some scammers too who pop up at times.

These can be avoided if the introduction of a coin is regularized. However, this is not easy and it comes as a collective responsibility of our crypto community.

When there are way too many coins fighting to occupy space and success it may not be conducive to the digital market. The demand for only one existing coin may be so much that the others will have to be withdrawn from the race because there is equal distrust with all new coins.

When a structure comes into existence and when there is a serious regulation in place then I feel doors will be automatically opened for new coins. There should be a balance and investment should be made after thorough analysis of the ICOs.
A lot of ISO is definitely good. Thanks to this, the crypto-currency market is very competitive. Due to their competitiveness, crypto-currencies are developing, hence capitalization is growing.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:54:21 PM

competitive market it's always a good thing but in the sea of ICO's now we can hardly find the ones we can actually support.
I mean, at least for me 99% of the ICO are just money grabbing without any support or reliable information behind the project, the 1% of the projects which might be a very good idea or a proper one, get lost within the other crappy ones.
It's like cloud mining, at start it might have worked but people got greedy and did it just to scam people.
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:17:58 PM

Challenges and compitetions are always good for the economy. This is an open and free market, it encourages the creation of ICO. The one who can't uphold may end up in the oblivion, but those who are supported by a large community and being trusted by many will continue to survive. It's great to see so many new proposes on the use case of blockchain.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:21:56 PM

for me, ico is very profitable because it can get more profit. but it is true today there are many scams in ico, and this is a trading world that must be very much a scam. so it's a regular thing, actually depends on your intelligence if you want to join ico.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:48:31 PM

There is nothing bad if some good ICO's coming frequently, but if there are lot of ICO's, which are only fake then that will be concerning. And in reality that is happening, more than 80% ICO's are fake and lot of people are getting scammed by those. 

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:02:45 PM

A lot of ISO is definitely good. Thanks to this, the crypto-currency market is very competitive. Due to their competitiveness, crypto-currencies are developing, hence capitalization is growing.

There advantages and disadvantages with this events that continues to happen. ICO's are good but a lot of times it is abused and used on illegal ways like scamming and other stuffs. I agree that it should be regulated but I think it is impossible to do. Grin
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:34:50 PM

I want to say that it's good only because it's giving the cryptocurrency world more and more people and that's giving us hype. Hype is all what we need. ICOs are being hyped on social media a lot and that's making people who are not into cryptocurrencies end up engaging to it.

I have to mention the fact that ICOs coming up more frequently is inevitable. This "frequent" of yours is nothing compared to how much ICOs there will be in the future. On the Internet, things are consumed almost immediately. ICOs are forgotten right after the developers and the early investors have made money from it. They create new ICOs and hope that they would be able to accumulate more funds and be able to sell right away. And since a lot of ICOs are coming, it's not that questionable that there would be a lot of scams going on. Where there's money, there will be scammers.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:50:41 PM

I agree, there are really a lot of coins coming into the market that turns out to be shitcoins and just for pump and dump and then eventually lost in oblivion and ended up being de-listed by most trading platform.

And some of them turns into scam coins as well. That's why those who are legit are somewhat affected when a coins turn out to be a scam. And its really hard to filtered out which ICO will turn out to be a scam until its too late for all of us.

That's why China bans ICO in the first place. It really turns out to be circus out there because many ICO's are popping out with new unique technology to offer. Just a copy-cat of those who have existed before, however, people still invest on them and lost their funds. And China step in and decided that its time to ban and stop them for screwing and milking other people's money.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:51:02 PM

regulation is meaningless.. it didnt help consumers get saved from the banks in 2007

however consumer protection. in regards to independant review/audits/ critics and escrows are whats needed.. none of this nameless faces making 500 accounts and posting a new ICO each hour

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:53:11 PM

I think for the good side, the growing number of ICOs helps create a healthy competition and further expand growth. But on the other hand, some ICOs are worth shit. But most ICO are good worth it be invested.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ARround Team

Activity: 538
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:59:27 PM

New ICOs are coming more and more because now is the era of cryptocurrency, now people know and understand more or less how it is working, so people are willing to get money for the projects and ICOs are the right way now to start your own project, people are investing easily in ICOs.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 05:06:38 PM

You mean ICOs should be centralized?

Decentralization is the name of the game. Just always be a keen observer when new ICO comes up and assess whether they'll give a punch ot not.

Besides ICOs helped a lot with the total market cap in reaching new heights.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:11:16 PM

New ICOs are coming more and more because now is the era of cryptocurrency, now people know and understand more or less how it is working, so people are willing to get money for the projects and ICOs are the right way now to start your own project, people are investing easily in ICOs.

There are positive and negative sides for these as already mentioned in the above posts. But the bottomline of this is that, if you're an investor, you need to be very careful choosing the projects that you want to invest with as all of them are at your own risk. So it's up to you if you will lose or gain money. It's your responsibility to do your own research, and others. So no one is to blame but yourself at the end if it goes wrong but you will reap your rewards if that project goes big.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:13:22 PM

The answer is double edged and it will be hard to answer a 100% yes or 100% no. Think deeply and you will understand.

Blockgraham

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:17:19 PM

Introducing a system is always a complex and difficult process. For now, I found a way in using platforms that list trustful ICOs. These platforms become intermediaries, also dependent on the ICOs success.
So while there's no solution to the scam-problem, you can find means to cope by yourself.
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:17:47 PM

I think this is to be expected. Since altcoins are still in their infancy, a lot of people want to be the first movers in this market, and a lot of coins are being created at the moment. As the market adjusts, the purposeless coins will be abandoned and only the coins with good technology and usability will prevail. Until then, some people will lose their money investing in bad coins, but I think this cannot be avoided.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: