Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 06:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Block Erupter WinXP COM port issues?  (Read 1360 times)
JasperDX7 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:37:29 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 02:49:11 AM by JasperDX7

So I have 5 of these on a 13 port USB hub connected to my old 32bit Win XP machine that's on 24/7. 32bit drivers are installed and a single Erupter was tested on an open USB spot and it worked. Now for some reason no matter what I do, as soon as I connect to hub I always get at least one that causes Windows to popup saying hardware could not be installed. When going into Device manager and reading the issue for that particular COM port assigned to the troubled Erupter I see an error message saying that it could not be installed because another device is using the same COM port (I'm guessing another Erupter). I've tried changing COM ports manually and just when I think I have it working, I cant bitminter to recognize the Erupters. Now here's the kicker. If I plug this into my new Win7 64bit computer with the 64bit drivers I have no problems at all. I'd like to avoid keeping this computer on.

Has anyone run into this issue? I've very much like to make this work with my old Win XP system.

Thanks!

Edited: MODs feel free to move this to the mining support sub forum. I probably should have posted this in there :/.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1093

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:17:39 AM

CGMiner 3.3.2 has direct USB support so you don't need any serial port drivers at all.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:47:08 AM

So I have 5 of these on a 13 port USB hub connected to my old 32bit Win XP machine that's on 24/7. 32bit drivers are installed and a single Erupter was tested on an open USB spot and it worked. Now for some reason no matter what I do, as soon as I connect to hub I always get at least one that causes Windows to popup saying hardware could not be installed. When going into Device manager and reading the issue for that particular COM port assigned to the troubled Erupter I see an error message saying that it could not be installed because another device is using the same COM port (I'm guessing another Erupter). I've tried changing COM ports manually and just when I think I have it working, I cant bitminter to recognize the Erupters. Now here's the kicker. If I plug this into my new Win7 64bit computer with the 64bit drivers I have no problems at all. I'd like to avoid keeping this computer on.

Has anyone run into this issue? I've very much like to make this work with my old Win XP system.

Thanks!

Edited: MODs feel free to move this to the mining support sub forum. I probably should have posted this in there :/.

BFGMiner is quite friendly with these BEs on my system. (Win7)   Make sure that BGMiner is installed on your C:\ drive and not on the desktop.  That was an issue I had in regards to COMs.  BTCGuild has a pretty good guide that helped me and when I figured it all out I switched to Bitminter.

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: