Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:04:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the deal with Litecoin?  (Read 197 times)
neatworld (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:10:56 PM

It's fascinating - When I started following this forum (2 months ago), there were 3 key cryptos on almost everyone's lists: 1) BTC, 2) ETH, and 3) LTC

Bitcoin and Ethereum are still frequently mentioned yet Litecoin is missing from many peoples' 'favourites' lists - you know, the ones where people ask "what coins will you HODL" or "What should I buy with $xx amount".

What happened? Did Charlie Lee kill his own coin? I still find Litecoin faster and cheaper to send than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Why the fall from grace? Why the relative stagnation in price compared to pretty much every other coin?
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:14:35 PM

It's fascinating - When I started following this forum (2 months ago), there were 3 key cryptos on almost everyone's lists: 1) BTC, 2) ETH, and 3) LTC

Bitcoin and Ethereum are still frequently mentioned yet Litecoin is missing from many peoples' 'favourites' lists - you know, the ones where people ask "what coins will you HODL" or "What should I buy with $xx amount".

What happened? Did Charlie Lee kill his own coin? I still find Litecoin faster and cheaper to send than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Why the fall from grace? Why the relative stagnation in price compared to pretty much every other coin?

I think you need to check your facts, litecoin has had very substantial growth in the last year, more so than that of bitcoin and comparative in fact to that of ethereum. There are not too many coins that can live up to that claim. The main reason perhaps you see it mentioned less is because it's grown so strongly that many dismiss it as they fear it can't grow in the same way again.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Indiladhar

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:20:23 PM

I’m still holding strong with my ltc, both ltc and Ethereum were my first two purchases (because of said hype) last year and I’ve only grown my portfolio since. Still have every faith in litecoin, but with the profits made, I’ve thought about selling a few to purchase other, smaller coins. This year should be very finishing!
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:37:18 PM

yea, have noticed that LTC has been relatively slow in this huge fud in last weeks.
Thats why bought some yesterday , banking that it will rise soon.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:40:02 PM

What do you expect from people?the founder itself said that isnt a worthy investment and he didnt recommend to get this coin,how stupid he is?
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:43:51 PM

I think you need to check your facts, litecoin has had very substantial growth in the last year, more so than that of bitcoin and comparative in fact to that of ethereum. There are not too many coins that can live up to that claim. The main reason perhaps you see it mentioned less is because it's grown so strongly that many dismiss it as they fear it can't grow in the same way again.

Litecoin was suffering hard remember. Then they pumped it on purpose to get more investors. More investors came in and the price was dumped on them. That was enough for litecoin. Already made more than 100x growth last year. It's not that useful coin.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:48:14 PM

What do you expect from people?the founder itself said that isnt a worthy investment and he didnt recommend to get this coin,how stupid he is?

where do you read it ? can you share the article about that?

for Me Ethereum still faster than Litecoin or bitcoin to send a coins, in Ethereum you can get many confirm in 1 minutes different than bitcoin and litecoin
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:57:06 PM

Litecoin has increased considerably in the past year for sure, but I think the reason it has lost its 3rd place for now is due to other coins making unexpected pushes, like Ripple, Verge, Tron etc. But if you look at Litecoin on its own, I think it has had a pretty nice trajectory in the last year.

darklighter007

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:02:06 PM

litecoin is a coin with great potential and it has has shown some very significant growth in the last year or so. In-fact the interest in and value of litecoin have surged so much even beating bitcoin, that exchanges are having trouble selling them (See news at http://oke.io/4R4nN). This is perhaps the main reason it is rarely mentioned. But overall, its still a great asset to procure.

Lacettivod

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:24:25 PM

You know that litecoin is still a young coin. Compared to bitcoin for sure. Also, we must remember that litecoin is used by a limited number of people. Only those who believed in the idea and participated in the ICO. Bitcoin and Ethereum is a different situation. Bitcoin Rose to heaven. Its price is just out of reach in the coming years. The Ethereum too, am older Also it knows about each member of any baunī, and ICO. Therefore, to compare them a bit wrong.

Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:29:26 PM

LTC 2018 will be stunning, you'll see!
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:56:20 PM

Litecoin is one of the oldest and finest. But majority of crypto users are not and the news of litecoin founder Charlie Lee selling his holdings dropped litecoin price from all time high of 380 usd to around 280. His original intention being the avoidance of conflicts but all people read was 'Litecoin founder sells his share!' so that's why the stagnation.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:18:56 PM

i could say that it is a good thing tha LTC is not overhyped, this shows that the price for LTC i true value
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:38:03 PM

Dont listen to others. Even if these people are authority for you. If you like litecoin - hold litecoin. What about me - I hodl. I know that it will rise. Just take it as it is, I cant explain it, I can only give recomendation

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 08:41:25 PM

I think litecoin is undervalued and prove themselves. He has good prospects. I think possibly this coin must be kept.

readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:16:45 PM

I think that Litecoin is under impact of Bitcoin stagnation. Traders have in mind distasteful experience with BTC and transfer their doubts on Litecoin. I have no other explanation of LTC fall.
pgibranf

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:18:33 PM

I think litecoin is undervalued and prove themselves. He has good prospects. I think possibly this coin must be kept.

Same opinion here. Soon its value will rise again.
ehab.co

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:59:29 PM

Litecoin is kind of like the testing ground for innovations that bitcoin eventually adopt. They must be working on lots of different things to improve functionality. But in the quiter times stuff gets forgotten and ignored. Not a bad shout to accumulate here perhaps as if bitcoin and litecoin go on another run this year it would be a good move..
Latrix

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:11:48 PM

Litecoin seems to be one of the great coin that will hike in price this year. Please be patient and hold on to your LTC.
neatworld (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:51:50 AM

I'm still holding on to my Litecoins, NEOs and ETH, all of which have done great for me.  Smiley These are my HODL coins. Now if I were looking at this from a pure profit standpoint, I'd be out celebrating. But I'm also trying to get a better understanding of how this all works. I think LTC has so much going for it which is why I had initially asked for your opinions as to why there was a stagnation in price relative to ETH.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: