Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:25:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selfkey (KEY), TheKey (TKY) or Civic (CVC), which one will be the winner?  (Read 1539 times)
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:29:01 PM

I will choose civic if i need to choose one from those coin. Vinyl lingham has a good record on creating start up if im not mistaken he created gyft before. The price also good if you buy now its not too high as 3 month ago. If you want long term you need to conaider civic. Im not shilling just telling the truth.
LeonsBTT

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

Neo is not looking good at the moment so I would choose the other 2 on eth.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:24:38 PM

I think selfkey will be the winner because their app is already about to launch for technical preview. Thekey is only concentrated on Chinese markets. Civic: I don't like it's over vinny lingham because he is very rude and talks bill shot always in Twitter.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kripto para

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:34:06 PM

I doubt that people will start using any of these apps unless some huge platforms start using them but I dont see that happenin either. The big players would rather make their own KYC thingy.
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:08:00 PM

Thekey almost has the finished product. They are very popular in Eastern countries and have a large number of partners. I think it's a leader among all.
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:54:46 PM

Personally I wouldnt use any of them in my daily life. Not because I don't want to but because I have no use of them, I cant use them in any instituion to prove my identity.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:35:33 PM

The 3 projects I personally rate vey high, Civic and Selfkey have released a product but nothing so far from TheKey team.I will say Civic because the people behind it have done several projects that are successful before and I think they have the influence in the space to make CIvic work out very well.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Mr.Coinzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:51:47 PM

By and by I favor thekey as they have as of now a considerable measure of essential experience

Simply look at Selfkey and TheKey.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 08:03:19 PM

I think civic is a proper project, with renowned team and popular owner, its products are already up and implemented by many other projects, so among these i think cvc will be the winner.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

I think KNY is more important than ever, so all coins/tokens with the goal to make identity verification easier should be welcome (especially in the area of ICO's)

Made a short research but couldn't determine the real winner:

Selfkey:
- based on ETH +
- huge team
- one advisor is founder of IOTA +
- working demo product +
- acting globally +
- medium market awarness (small telegram group in comparison to TKY) -
- favorable ICO price -> huge room to grow ++

TheKey:
- based on NEO (don't know if good or bad) +/-
- only focussed on chinese market but chinese people are not allowed in ICO?! -
- high market awarness +
- good team (Catherine Li) +
- political connections and patents +
- favorable ICO price -> huge room to grow ++

Civic:
- based on ETH +
- Vinny Lingham hype +
- longer on the market BUT imo not much "progress" -
- high market awarness but not much room to grow in the current state imo -

So KEY and TKY should be better IDV projects in my opinion and both will have an ICO this month. So which one is better in your opinion and why?

My bet would be going towards CIVIC + TheKey

Vinny Lingham is good but don't underestimate on Catherine Li, she seems to be one of the top 10 Influences in China
Next, it is to be compare on NEO vs ETH, personally i am more comfortable with ETH in this case
TheKey has one of the good advantage which i think they would likely to perform and scale better because they had access to patents and data in China based off what i've read

Both of them have the same marketcap, $100M+-
However if you are looking for real good profit, you might go for TheKey, it can explode to $1B marketcap easily as NEO focused on IDV
For me, i would pick on Civic as civic came off earlier so they SHOULD be surpass on TKY First.
But who knows, pick one of this 3 would result a good investment
Sid1611

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:38:15 AM

CVC as per me will be the winner
akes2090

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:06:19 PM

TheKey seems like it focuses mostly on China or Asian countries. So there is a limited use case there already.

Selfkey is using self-soverign identity (SSI's) as the basis for creating a marketplace of services/partners. The idea itself is good but self-soverign ID's are difficult to implement successfully.

Civic probably has the best marketing strategy of the lot, but is lagging a bit on the technological innovation side.

There are 3 huge drawbacks for all of them:

1. The validation/verification part of KYC - it will still need manual user intervention. Either you will need to go to one of their designated partners or they will come to you (KYC.legal takes the latter route).
2. An assumption is - the party you interact with will need to be also enrolled on the platform. E.g.: if you have a SSI with Selfkey and you need to interact with party X - if party X itself does not have a Selfkey SSI then you are stuck.
3. A further assumption is that there will be widespread adoption....ain't ever going to happen. All fintech or companies requiring KYC or AML compliance - need to do independently - especially if they are operating under a strict jurisdiction /regulatory framework. Large fintechs would want participation and influence in the design of the algorithms and mechanisms. To make matters worse - smart contracts are still considered experimental so, which multi-billion corporate would leave their reputation to chance? Some ICOs might use these solutions, but I don't see any fintechs who would take the plunge.

Lastly - most of them use blockchain/DLT as a facade for some new cutting edge innovation. Rather, they can be achieved with "traditional" technology. The only difference is - you, as the end user will have to purchase their specific token to interact with the platform.

If you gave me $1,000 and ask me to invest on any of the 3 listed above - I'd give you $100 more and ask you to buy 2 ETH  Grin
kulakvlad

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:26:19 PM

I too long chose between them and could not choose. I decided to take Neo instead of them  Smiley

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

Personally I think this is a big enough market for all three of them  to succeed . Of course there will be more competition as it goes but they have early movers advantage

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
faatipoke

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:53:48 PM

I vote for TheKey TKY, simply because of below reasons:

1. It is recognised by Chinese government. They are supported by several governmental organisations which is totally a good advantage
2. It is Neo token. Neo ecosystem is shiny compared to Ethereum. 2018 will be the year of Neo ecosystem
3. Their CEO is a winner. That lady is succesful, hardworking, ambitious and charismatic. I think he is going to be the most famous woman in cryptocurrency world

I am serious above. Invested in TKY because of above reasons

wksantiago

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:25:56 AM

I wold think all three can succeed since there is such a need for decentralized identity.  SelfKey has one of its partners PolyMatch which could potentially be the next strong securities platform and they will need to tackle identity.  So these sidelines investors are ready to jump once regulation is clear and this will need identity KYC etc.  So the potential is huge.

If my posts has been helpful, thank me here:
BTC: bc1qp0xtvck64qhvg6man0fjgy2jl3l6vwkctngjc4
Bitrated user: wksantiago.
(PGP Fingerprint: 2199 0685 3d0f 29eb f0aa 40a5 1cd9 d426 66ae a802)
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:34:45 AM

I like all three projects and their teams. Own key and tky since those are lower marketcaps than civic.
cafers17

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:48:52 AM

I think Self Key have made some really impressive progress over the last 2 months. I was originally a Civic maximalist but now I'm considering backing 2 horses in this race
Aion Sigma

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:36:15 PM

2. An assumption is - the party you interact with will need to be also enrolled on the platform. E.g.: if you have a SSI with Selfkey and you need to interact with party X - if party X itself does not have a Selfkey SSI then you are stuck.
3. A further assumption is that there will be widespread adoption....ain't ever going to happen. All fintech or companies requiring KYC or AML compliance - need to do independently - especially if they are operating under a strict jurisdiction /regulatory framework. Large fintechs would want participation and influence in the design of the algorithms and mechanisms. To make matters worse - smart contracts are still considered experimental so, which multi-billion corporate would leave their reputation to chance? Some ICOs might use these solutions, but I don't see any fintechs who would take the plunge.

Lastly - most of them use blockchain/DLT as a facade for some new cutting edge innovation. Rather, they can be achieved with "traditional" technology. The only difference is - you, as the end user will have to purchase their specific token to interact with the platform.

There is universal resolver in the works which is working towards a global standard and interoperability. https://medium.com/decentralized-identity/a-universal-resolver-for-self-sovereign-identifiers-48e6b4a5cc3c

None of these players are on this project. My bet is that you should be looking at Veres one, Uport and Sovrin.

Here's the spec:
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-spec/

We are trying to figure out which technology to invest in...
akes2090

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:11:48 AM

There is universal resolver in the works which is working towards a global standard and interoperability. https://medium.com/decentralized-identity/a-universal-resolver-for-self-sovereign-identifiers-48e6b4a5cc3c

None of these players are on this project. My bet is that you should be looking at Veres one, Uport and Sovrin.

Here's the spec:
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-spec/

We are trying to figure out which technology to invest in...

Thanks.

Infact, I am currently working with and trying to implement a Sovrin solution - that's why I think these 3 current solutions are only in it for the $$$$...they lack substance as far as true DID/SSI solutions are concerned.
The people behind these projects are opportunistic alright as they have realized the KYC/AML/ID management to be a major bane...and now capitalized on it  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: