Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:57:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase. Getting money from bank to Coinbase  (Read 112 times)
Emorris348 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:05:21 PM

I am just now getting ready to buy bitcoin and set up a Coinable account, attached a checking account with some funds in it and sent 500.00 to Coinbase, that was on Jan 4th, I got a email confirming I did it and said I would have the funds in my Coinbase account on the 12th, oh and the funds WERE withdrawn from my account, is this normal, over a week's time?Huh thanks for any input
Bloomie

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:10:44 PM

Yes, direct from the bank transferring into Coinbase does take about a week. If you do a credit card buy it'll be much quicker.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:03:05 PM

I am just now getting ready to buy bitcoin and set up a Coinable account, attached a checking account with some funds in it and sent 500.00 to Coinbase, that was on Jan 4th, I got a email confirming I did it and said I would have the funds in my Coinbase account on the 12th, oh and the funds WERE withdrawn from my account, is this normal, over a week's time?Huh thanks for any input

Yes it can take a week or so. if you copied the correct reference number in your transfer process then there is nothing to worry. it will eventually be transferred.
Emorris348 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:31:30 PM

Thanks, not really worried, just anxious to start trading Smiley
blockchainak

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:52:11 PM

Thanks, not really worried, just anxious to start trading Smiley

Just as a note, don't buy BTC unless you're buying more than 300 USD. My advice would be (if you're new to this), get LTC or ETH - it's faster and has substantially less fees.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:59:08 PM

ACH transfer takes forever. At least a week or could be a few days longer.  I don’t see why. It only takes 3 days on other sites I belong too. Not crypto related. Maybe that’s why. Anyway nothing to worry about. I am currently waiting for a money to transfer also.

Credit card has a $100.00 per week limit but yes it’s instant.
Bloomie

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

The only reason I would do a bank transfer rather than credit card is the limits. My bank allows me up to $10k per week whereas it was lower on credit card. If you intend to hold BTC for a while then bank transfer is fine. You will be locked in at the price you purchase it at even if it takes a week for you to get the BTC. Just be on the lookout for when it actually transfers to your account so you can put it in a hard wallet.
chickpeas

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:37:04 AM

The only reason I would do a bank transfer rather than credit card is the limits. My bank allows me up to $10k per week whereas it was lower on credit card. If you intend to hold BTC for a while then bank transfer is fine. You will be locked in at the price you purchase it at even if it takes a week for you to get the BTC. Just be on the lookout for when it actually transfers to your account so you can put it in a hard wallet.
What is hard wallet ?

A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:13:24 AM

What is hard wallet ?

Hardware Wallet. An external electronic  wallet you can put in your pocket. One of the most secure ways to store your crypto. You store them offline.

Trezor
Ledger Nano
Bloomie

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:16:10 AM

What is hard wallet ?

As the other guy above me said, it's a hardware wallet and the safest way to store the Bitcoin. I personally use the Ledger Nano S. It works really well. You should do a little research on this on your own before moving any BTC into a wallet. Watch some youtube videos, plenty of guides and walkthroughs on it.
CryptoNews1

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:26:03 AM

I prefer Ledger Nano S as well.

Anyway to your original questions, yes it takes some time and one week is normal before you get your funds to Coinbase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: