Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information  (Read 57747 times)
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:16:24 PM

^Yes, keep items at their starting price forever and make ROI near end of time..
Has anyone ever made ROI on an AsicMinerUSB ?
I make ROI on every ASICMinerUSB cause I sell them on ebay.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:04:21 PM

I have to say, the rate at which you are dropping prices for Erupters is directly undercutting (read robbing) margin from resellers. Resellers made this company. Without resellers you would have NO DISTRIBUTION NETWORK. This is a slap in the face to the people who helped you reach the place you are in now. As a reseller who paid and had his margins completely erased before they even arrived, I can tell you with full confidence you wont be seeing any more BTC from me.

"This Company" runs 10-20% of the network. They don't need to sell hardware at all.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

^Yes, keep items at their starting price forever and make ROI near end of time..
LMAO, no kidding? You don't say?!

Someone take a snapshot of this post...too hilarious for words.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:57:40 PM

LMAO, no kidding? You don't say?!

Someone take a snapshot of this post...too hilarious for words.

It's sad but true - eBay is almost always the most expensive place to buy anything. Good for the seller - not so much for the buyer.

With that said, not everything we buy has to have a direct return on investment. The USB Erupters were pretty and educational - for that alone they are worth the price paid for many 'suckers' who won't ever mine back the value paid.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 09:13:20 PM

I have to say, the rate at which you are dropping prices for Erupters is directly undercutting (read robbing) margin from resellers. Resellers made this company. Without resellers you would have NO DISTRIBUTION NETWORK. This is a slap in the face to the people who helped you reach the place you are in now. As a reseller who paid and had his margins completely erased before they even arrived, I can tell you with full confidence you wont be seeing any more BTC from me.

"This Company" runs 10-20% of the network. They don't need to sell hardware at all.

Well then maybe they should take a break from screwing resellers for a while then if they don't need the margin.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:24:15 PM

Well then maybe they should take a break from screwing resellers for a while then if they don't need the margin.

Find any of their current resellers to complain here, or please stop complaining about your particular no-profit story.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:28:57 PM

Find any of their current resellers to complain here, or please stop complaining about your particular no-profit story.

I've gotta agree. ASICminer is free to charge whatever they like, and its up to the customers (including resellers) to decide whether they will buy at the price. It was a well-known fact at 2BTC each that they would never return, but they practically sold out. At 1BTC each, the same argument was heard, but people went ahead and built systems composed of dozens of BEs.

If you cant do the math, dont buy the product. its incredibly simple, and is the very definition of supply&demand.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:09:24 AM

I have 30 USB BE's and don't really care about ROI.  They just look really cool hashing away tucked in their hubs with little USB fans blowing on them.  Cheesy

I'd buy 10 more if I could get some silver ones.  I have too many damn black Erupters!  Lol.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:24:38 AM

Who cares that ASICMiner sold the first USBs at 2BTC apiece, quickly making $1,000,000 from less hashing speed than a $30,000 1.5TH minirig?

Stop comparing the price of a June miner with an October miner. They are not comparable.

Buy & Hold
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:29:50 AM

Who cares that ASICMiner sold the first USBs at 2BTC apiece, quickly making $1,000,000 from less hashing speed than a $30,000 1.5TH minirig?

Stop comparing the price of a June miner with an October miner. They are not comparable.
Are the October miners faster?  Are they slower?  Are they different colors?  Were they redesigned?  Can they dance and sing?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:39:53 AM

Are the October miners faster?  Are they slower?  Are they different colors?  Were they redesigned?  Can they dance and sing?

Difficulty is different.

lano1106

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:48:15 AM

Unless you sit on a huge inventory, I fail to see how a reseller can lose money.
 At current price 0.31-0.35 BTC. No idea how much profit that represents for reseller but if it is around 0.1-0.05 BTC per BEs, it does not sound like a too miserable business if you sell 1000+ BEs per week and it takes 2-3 hours per day.

BTC: 1ABewnrZgCds7w9RH43NwMHX5Px6ex5uNR
Latrina

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:30:36 AM

Well I am new to Bitcoin mining and I am looking to get 10 Erupter to get to learn a bit the mining scene.

I dont expect to become rich but according to bitcoin profit website, 10 USb Erupter of a total of 3330 Mh/S x  current difficulty 50,810,339 x BTC/Block 25.00 x W25 (w2.5 x 10miners) x Electricity per kwh USD $0.15 = $315.29 on a 3 months frame.

Plus counting the raspberry pi which I will be using to run the mine client which I would assume it might be an additional $15 to skim off, you will end up with $300 on 3 months frame, means that you will be able to pay back the miners within 5/6 months, this still according to the bitcoin profit website.

Again, you certainly don't become rich, but it's something, and once you have paid back for the miners and ur hw, the rest will be ur effective small ROI.

derr777

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:36:57 AM

Well I am new to Bitcoin mining and I am looking to get 10 Erupter to get to learn a bit the mining scene.

I dont expect to become rich but according to bitcoin profit website, 10 USb Erupter of a total of 3330 Mh/S x  current difficulty 50,810,339 x BTC/Block 25.00 x W25 (w2.5 x 10miners) x Electricity per kwh USD $0.15 = $315.29 on a 3 months frame.

Plus counting the raspberry pi which I will be using to run the mine client which I would assume it might be an additional $15 to skim off, you will end up with $300 on 3 months frame, means that you will be able to pay back the miners within 5/6 months, this still according to the bitcoin profit website.

Again, you certainly don't become rich, but it's something, and once you have paid back for the miners and ur hw, the rest will be ur effective small ROI.

you've not accounted for a 75%+ increase in difficulty every month.  When you do, you never pay off the investment.  This has been the same with every price point on the BEs since they were released.  Do the math again, and every ~11 days, increase the difficulty by 25% and see what you come up with..

donations; BTC: 1KN24ZhL3PW1Rq5f48PAaEdyv4iKHdUXnr
LTC: LTyKRd9dCtKDAxUo41k2ZShuMfzkzhxc2V
Latrina

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:33:49 AM

you've not accounted for a 75%+ increase in difficulty every month.  When you do, you never pay off the investment.  This has been the same with every price point on the BEs since they were released.  Do the math again, and every ~11 days, increase the difficulty by 25% and see what you come up with..

Ouch, does it really grow 25% each 11 days ?

This means that in 6 months time 10 Erupter for a total of 3330Mh/s will become useless, am I right?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:39:33 AM

Diff change is 14 days.
But at 25% increase that's actually just 10.5 days per diff change of 25%.
Check diff history ... it's been high for a while Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
stellan0r

Activity: 574

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:07:49 AM

This means that in 6 months time 10 Erupter for a total of 3330Mh/s will become useless, am I right?

That depends on if the diff-growth stays exponential (it will most likely for the next couple of months) and how the gradient of the diff-curve will behave - will it get even steeper (%raise/diffchange goes up) or more flat (%raise/diffchange goes down) and when.

Also really important is the development of the exchange rate for BTC. If it goes up to like 1000$/BTC in 6 months sure you can still make a little profit. If it stays the same you will have to pay at some point for electricity costs, if it falls, you loose money faster.
But if the exchange-rate rises to like 1000$/BTC in 6 months even more people will buy into ASIC mining because they think they can make a profit - this will increase the diff-rises furthermore..

No one can predict that.

Stick to your 10 erupters, play with them, have fun, support the network. In the winter it will be a "free miniature heater" (direct the warm air with a small and silent USB fan into your direction Wink ) and after that you have to see.. Smiley

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 11:26:36 AM

I've gotta agree. ASICminer is free to charge whatever they like, and its up to the customers (including resellers) to decide whether they will buy at the price. It was a well-known fact at 2BTC each that they would never return, but they practically sold out. At 1BTC each, the same argument was heard, but people went ahead and built systems composed of dozens of BEs.

If you cant do the math, dont buy the product. its incredibly simple, and is the very definition of supply&demand.
The problem is I didn't pay 2 BTC each..  I paid .31 each in a bulk order of 100. Before they even arrived at my door the price was cut to .32 for SINGLE UNITS effectively making all resellers who paid at that price unpaid distribution agents. Again I purchased them for RESALE not mining, so you can take your "you should have known no ROI" crap and stick it right back where it came from. They aren't even allowing enough time for smaller resellers to unload inventory before they drop the price and erase all margins. As an extremely dissatisfied customer I have a right to make my complaints known to the general public in spite of the ASICMINER shill gang attacks. ASICMINER will not be seeing any more money from me.
Latrina

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:32:08 AM

That depends on if the diff-growth stays exponential (it will most likely for the next couple of months) and how the gradient of the diff-curve will behave - will it get even steeper (%raise/diffchange goes up) or more flat (%raise/diffchange goes down) and when.

Also really important is the development of the exchange rate for BTC. If it goes up to like 1000$/BTC in 6 months sure you can still make a little profit. If it stays the same you will have to pay at some point for electricity costs, if it falls, you loose money faster.
But if the exchange-rate rises to like 1000$/BTC in 6 months even more people will buy into ASIC mining because they think they can make a profit - this will increase the diff-rises furthermore..

No one can predict that.

Stick to your 10 erupters, play with them, have fun, support the network. In the winter it will be a "free miniature heater" (direct the warm air with a small and silent USB fan into your direction Wink ) and after that you have to see.. Smiley

Thank you for all the grate infos provided. I definitely needed some mining basic to start off with.

I dont really have any expectations at the moment apart from the hope to get my investment back, and like you said if in 6 months time price will go extraordinary up I will be making some money, otherwise I hope LTC will adopot ASIC afterwards.

binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:46:48 AM

No one can predict that.

Thank you for all the grate infos provided. I definitely needed some mining basic to start off with.

I dont really have any expectations at the moment apart from the hope to get my investment back, and like you said if in 6 months time price will go extraordinary up I will be making some money, otherwise I hope LTC will adopot ASIC afterwards.

Your sentence may suggest you misunderstood something, just to clarify in case: ASIC devices for bitcoin cannot mine litecoin. With them you can mine any alt-coin based on SHA256 if you wish, but litecoin is based on SCRYPT.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: