Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam alert! "asicrigs" company trying to scam people  (Read 1092 times)
waver (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:00:13 AM

Today I saw an add for a company named ASIC Rigs, out of Oregon USA. I went to their website and what I saw does not look good. Angry

http://asicrigs.ag/

It is almost a guaranteed scam! Do not trust these people!
They say they have 100gh ASICs for $2600 and are shipping within 72 hours of placing an order.

I would like help from people on this forum getting the information out about this scam so they don't get too many people's bitcoins.

Please go check the site out and let us know what you think. And spread the word so our friends don't get screwed..

-Thanks
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

It's all well and good to want to protect people from scams, but your proof is "what I saw does not look good".  You should be very careful about making accusations without any evidence.

With that said, I would be concerned about ordering from there as the domain is registered to a person in Delhi, (if it's even legitimate information), and there are only technical drawings for the products and "it seems too good to be true"...

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:14:50 PM

It's all well and good to want to protect people from scams, but your proof is "what I saw does not look good".  You should be very careful about making accusations without any evidence.

With that said, I would be concerned about ordering from there as the domain is registered to a person in Delhi, (if it's even legitimate information), and there are only technical drawings for the products and "it seems too good to be true"...

I'll go out on a limb here and say this is 100% a scam.  Their lack of evidence is all the evidence I need.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:08:01 PM

and there are only technical drawings for the products and "it seems too good to be true"...

Those technical drawings are copied from kncminer's website.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:20:58 PM

They are running an AD on Facebook
Thats says above the ad 72 hr shipping and has BFL webaddress listed but if you click on it
it goes to

http://asicrigs.ag/

Currently All Units Are In Stock. Please note we try our best to keep up with your demand meanwhile maintining top industry standards.

There MtGox account is "Asicrigs"

https://payment.mtgox.com/194425bb-9340-479c-bae4-67dd4cc0fbf4/0ddd6170-49c7-4cbc-9435-a907f7521b1a

Here is there facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/asicrigs

They have disabled posting to the main wall, but I was able to post to one of there posts
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:24:12 PM

Real site is asicrigs.com
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 10:19:13 PM

Added these guys to bitcoinscammers.com   Please update if the company resolved your issue or any other updates.  Sorry about your loss

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
videos4btc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:30:52 PM

Added these guys to bitcoinscammers.com   Please update if the company resolved your issue or any other updates.  Sorry about your loss

This ^^!
waver (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:32:03 PM

I did not order anything from these guys. Lucky me! Smiley

I just noticed them yesterday and knew right away they looked like trouble.

I was not making any "accusations" I was pointing them out to the community for further scrutiny.

I sent them an e-mail asking if they had any pictures(since they say they "have them in stock") or working devices I could see.

They responded telling me to just place an order and then I could come to their office (in Oregon where I live) and pick it up..

This is a super scam! 110%

Not only did it say 'BFL' on the original add, but they also say they "use mtgox" when their bitcoin payment buttons link you to coinbase!

For sure a lie!

Please tell as many potential miner customers about this so these crooks don't get away with too many illegitimate coins!
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:43:37 PM

It's a clone site  of asicrigs.com         However I would not know if the .com is or is not a scam. But fishy crap for sure

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
waver (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:24:52 AM

It's a clone site  of asicrigs.com         However I would not know if the .com is or is not a scam. But fishy crap for sure

Ya.. on the .com site they have a mtgox button and pictures of BFL devices.. To me they both look like scams.

Be wary of either site imo. And for sure don't trust the .ag site..
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:58:17 AM

I did not order anything from these guys. Lucky me! Smiley

I just noticed them yesterday and knew right away they looked like trouble.

I was not making any "accusations" I was pointing them out to the community for further scrutiny.

I sent them an e-mail asking if they had any pictures(since they say they "have them in stock") or working devices I could see.

They responded telling me to just place an order and then I could come to their office (in Oregon where I live) and pick it up..

This is a super scam! 110%

Not only did it say 'BFL' on the original add, but they also say they "use mtgox" when their bitcoin payment buttons link you to coinbase!

For sure a lie!

Please tell as many potential miner customers about this so these crooks don't get away with too many illegitimate coins!

their response was pay first then you can come see it basically? i guess they think people are dumb enough to fall for this
EscrowBTC

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:13:12 AM

Watch out guys..

Fake site!
wzh369

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:46:06 AM

asicrigs.com is a scammer!!!
I have ordered their production AR5 on June 24th. they don't reply,don't ship,don't refund.

Their Facebook Page:       https://www.facebook.com/asicrigs
narayan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:53:56 AM

I am pretty sure this site is a scam

BTC: 1PiPooLvcEoBLuXBHbwUnN5rShs2nas223
LTC: LRq7YPMDoERSZcte9ZPNHQkUbfiPsY55VM
waver (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:39:12 PM

Both of these sites are obvious scams, but I ask, they have a coinbase account on the .ag site which requires a link to a US bank account, is there no way to find out who owns this account? Does coinbase protect the identity of everyone who uses their service regardless of their "business practices"?

Also the .com version of this scam has a mtgox  account..

Is bitcoin being an unofficial currency a way to steal things with no repercussions? Or can we somehow press charges of theft against coinbase or mtgox for aiding in these fraudulent activities thereby forcing them to reveal the identity of the criminals or face prosecution themselves?

I could understand if they just had a random bitcoin address that tracking these people would be difficult or imposable but having a coinbase account or a mtgox account is another story.

Who knows the law well enough to answer these questions?

-Thanks
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

Both of these sites are obvious scams, but I ask, they have a coinbase account on the .ag site which requires a link to a US bank account, is there no way to find out who owns this account? Does coinbase protect the identity of everyone who uses their service regardless of their "business practices"?

Also the .com version of this scam has a mtgox  account..

Is bitcoin being an unofficial currency a way to steal things with no repercussions? Or can we somehow press charges of theft against coinbase or mtgox for aiding in these fraudulent activities thereby forcing them to reveal the identity of the criminals or face prosecution themselves?

I could understand if they just had a random bitcoin address that tracking these people would be difficult or imposable but having a coinbase account or a mtgox account is another story.

Who knows the law well enough to answer these questions?

-Thanks

Bitcoin has been defined as a currency in a American court during a case against pirate. If you contact coinbase with information about the scam they will probably help out with the police report but I doubt they will hand over the information directly to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: