Over the first weekend of February 6, Dragon’s Tale, the Bitcoin-powered Gambling MMORPG, will host a party to commemorate our forthcoming Beta release with a Grand Opening Party… by giving away one grand in Bitcoins!
We will be giving away 1000 Bitcoins to readers of the bitcoin.org forum (and of course our current players) who sign up for the party and show up to help demo all our new features.
For newcomers or those of you who may not have been by since our Alpha party in October, you’ll find:
* A modified world design with more games and more to discover.
* New PvP (Player-vs. Player) games with no house advantage: Smart players can expect >100% return.
* Multiplayer strategy games with no house advantage.
* Micro-stakes games with wagers of 1/1000 Bitcoin. Play for hours with a single Bitcoin.
* Many more skill games in which using a smarter strategy than other players have will give you a big edge.
* Dragon’s Treasures, bundles of 100 Bitcoins, awarded based on your play.
* A greatly expanded Level system: Completing Level Quests increases the rate that you earn Dragon’s Treasures.
* A new mentorship program in which experienced players get rewarded for helping out new players. Even if you don’t gamble, you can still earn Dragon’s Treasures by introducing new players to the game and showing them around.
And on the day of the party, in addition to free coins, expect:
* A world-wide treasure hunt for hidden prizes.
* Bonuses for the biggest winners, and even a 100 BTC consolation prize for the biggest loser!
* Scheduled raffles, giveaways, and other surprises throughout.
* A chance to own a piece of Dragon’s Tale. Depending on turnout, we’ll be giving away ownership of a single game for a 3-month period. For that game, you are the house.
Why are we doing this?
Obviously we’d love for you to try Dragon’s Tale, fall in love with it, and tell all your friends, but we’re throwing this party because we value the input of and feedback from the Bitcoin community.
We’re trying to create something never before seen with this game. With Dragon’s Tale we’re striving to create a platform that simultaneously embodies the social recreation that MMORPGs provide as well as the excitement known to the casual - and advantage gambler… within the context of this new cryptocurrency that has caught all of our attention.
Are we trying to be something for everybody? Absolutely not. We’re trying to be something novel, exciting, and, most importantly, fun for a select group, and we while we believe that many of bitcoin.org’s readers will be among that group, we know that bitcoin.org’s readers won’t bite their tongues when it comes to giving us useful feedback.
As such, a significant portion of the giveaway will go to those who provide us their comments and critiques in the days after the event. We’ll be providing bounties for the best suggestions, best critiques, and more.
What’s the catch?
Simple – we want your input. This is a no-strings-attached giveaway. You will not be required to deposit any BTC whatsoever to participate, play, or win. But since we’re after your feedback, we need our partygoers to be familiar with the basic operations of the game – anyway, we hope to be way too busy entertaining to answer your questions during the party itself!
So, in order to be invited to the giveaway party, all we ask is that you log in to Dragon’s Tale sometime prior to the day of the event, and learn enough from me (Di) or one of the game’s current Mentors (Ramapithecus, Kat) to explain them to others. We’ll then flag you as eligible for the main giveaway on the 6th. We will schedule game tours and Q&A sessions over the next month, but often we’re online anyway, and are happy show you around at odd hours. We can’t offer tours 24/7 while we gear up for the party, but suffice it to say we’ll make every attempt to accommodate anybody who expresses an interest. We’re a small company but we’re fortunate enough to have volunteers from around the world, so we hope to be able to accommodate everyone’s schedule/time zone.
To sum up:
1. This February 6th, we’ll be giving away 1,000 BTC to our current players and to bitcoin.org members at our Beta Test Celebration.
2. No deposit is required. You don’t need to give any personal information – the surveys will be conducted in-game so you don’t even need to provide an email address.
3. In order to get invited to the party, all we ask is that you first learn the basics of the game by logging in to the game ahead of time, and get familiar with some of the games.
4. Orientations will be scheduled as demanded, and we hope to create a schedule that will accommodate absolutely everyone.
5. Everyone who attends the party will get a party-favor (in BTC of course), and we know that the night will see some big winners.
We’re working around the clock to get ready for our party, so we’re still hammering out the fine points, but please don’t hesitate to ask me any questions in the meantime.
To download the client software, visit: http://www.dragons.tl
Hope to see you there!