Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Congestion  (Read 144 times)
TRexMcStubyArms (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:29:52 PM

Anyone else having issues moving ETH?  I'm still waiting for .1 from Nanopool from 3 AM this morning (4:30 PM now) and I withdrew another .1 from a server at 9 PM last night.  Both are still pending  Angry

Birthing kitten surge?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:33:11 PM

Anyone else having issues moving ETH?  I'm still waiting for .1 from Nanopool from 3 AM this morning (4:30 PM now) and I withdrew another .1 from a server at 9 PM last night.  Both are still pending  Angry

There is nothing wrong with the eth network right now, it is congested, but it is normal anyways.

What can you expect from an altcoin that increased by more than 40% in just a week? Obviously that more people are now using the network, the usage is increasing too.

At some point, it is going to happen the same as it is happening on the bitcoin blockchain right now, and it is just starting.

Huge fees, large waitings, and so on.
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 10:33:27 PM

Anyone else having issues moving ETH?  I'm still waiting for .1 from Nanopool from 3 AM this morning (4:30 PM now) and I withdrew another .1 from a server at 9 PM last night.  Both are still pending  Angry

Birthing kitten surge?

Yeah the network is still pretty congested, 20 GWEI is the minimum to get a transaction throgh right now but it's not because of the kitties, just a lot of people moving Ethereum.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
DAOfan

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:39:45 PM

There are so many big eth token projects coming up I think they need to make a big update to eth. Something like segwit2x for eth will be important going forward.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
TRexMcStubyArms (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:05:17 AM

Anyone else having issues moving ETH?  I'm still waiting for .1 from Nanopool from 3 AM this morning (4:30 PM now) and I withdrew another .1 from a server at 9 PM last night.  Both are still pending  Angry

There is nothing wrong with the eth network right now, it is congested, but it is normal anyways.

What can you expect from an altcoin that increased by more than 40% in just a week? Obviously that more people are now using the network, the usage is increasing too.

At some point, it is going to happen the same as it is happening on the bitcoin blockchain right now, and it is just starting.

I didn't think there was anything seriously wrong with the network, I'm just not used to seeing take nearly 24 hours to move it.  As I'm sure you already know, a lot can happen in 24 hours in this game.  The higher the price goes, the more issues we're going to have Sad

Glad it's just not me
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:47:28 AM

I didn't think there was anything seriously wrong with the network, I'm just not used to seeing take nearly 24 hours to move it.  As I'm sure you already know, a lot can happen in 24 hours in this game.  The higher the price goes, the more issues we're going to have Sad

Glad it's just not me

Yup. With large ups and downs within a day, a congestion may bankrupt a day trader.
The ethereum network really needs a quick shake up and meanwhile the users should too focus on other alternatives.
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:51:38 AM

I just moved with 21 GWEI and the transaction went through normally. No problems at my end. Roll Eyes

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:52:06 AM

IF there is no permanent solution for ETH congestion then maybe sooner or later ETH fees will increase. It is much the same with bitcoin pending transaction. I hope that Vitalik have a solution already. IF he does not then we are all screwed to high fees again.  Sad

boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:03:28 AM

This is why i sold all my ethereums,congestion in its network is like a cancer that needs to be cured before it kills the whole body,like in BTC they have both problems slow tx confirmation and congested network,maybe eth will find its way to resolve this in the future.

deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:08:06 AM

Yeah, Ethereum Network was congested but not just because of Kitties. Too much ICOs, Token Projects inside the network now. We can say, someday in the future, if Vitalik don't have any prepared and back up solution, it will become and like bitcoin, high transaction fees and well, also the time.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:12:11 AM

Can't wait for their next update. Scalability is really hurting the platforms when they get too big.
Hope there can be new platforms that can scale well in the future. I'll jump ship then.

SriNr

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:24:14 AM

Ethereum blockchain congestion is a global issue which can occur. Usually, this takes place when there is a crowdfund and individuals rush to send their coins, increasing the gas price of all transactions on the network. This flood of traffic leads to wallets, such as that on CoinExchange.io, that receive heavy loads of traffic to experience a delay in processing time.
bingble

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:40:07 AM

This is why i sold all my ethereums,congestion in its network is like a cancer that needs to be cured before it kills the whole body,like in BTC they have both problems slow tx confirmation and congested network,maybe eth will find its way to resolve this in the future.

Agree, would you like to recommend a coin can be transfered more quickly, and the fee is not so high. Thank you in advance.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:16:20 AM

I wish there would be developers who can speed up Ethereum transactions just like Bitcoin's VIABTC transaction accelerator. I did experience network congestion by receiving tokens from My Ether Wallet to Cryptopia. It took me more than an hour of waiting to see my tokens to my exchange account.

Same thing when I want to buy Ethereum from my friend, but he wouldn't recommend because of network congestion. This is the problem when altcoins like this are gaining popularity and doing massive trades or transactions.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
btcjackie

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:21:28 AM

There are lots of people who ran into the same problem at cex.io. Just give a visit to reddit.com/r/cexio and take a look at the front page. I am also on the same boat. Hope this will get fixed ASAP. I think the problem is the exchange websites being greedy and setting low gas fees which prolong the transactions.

Do any of you know when an ETH transaction gets cancelled? Because right now it does not even show up on the blockchain. Thx.
TRexMcStubyArms (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:22:30 AM

I've been having great success with ZEC, LTC, MUSIC, FTC, and TZC.  But that doesn't help me when most of the exchanges only work with BTC/LTC/and ETH.  I hope someday there will be many more pairs or a simplified way of exchanging.

If I had to guess, a lot of the BTC and ETH issues probably stem from fiat coming and going from CB/GDAX.
TRexMcStubyArms (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:23:35 AM

There are lots of people who ran into the same problem at cex.io. Just give a visit to reddit.com/r/cexio and take a look at the front page. I am also on the same boat. Hope this will get fixed ASAP. I think the problem is the exchange websites being greedy and setting low gas fees which prolong the transactions.

Do any of you know when an ETH transaction gets cancelled? Because right now it does not even show up on the blockchain. Thx.

My issue right now is Bittrex and Nanopool, places I've NEVER had issues with before.
Crown1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:56:09 AM

Birthing kitten surge?
Because of the popularity of the ICO market and the rise of the price of ETH, the number of transfers has increased rapidly and the price has increased.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:02:38 AM

Everyone is facing this problem from last two days and due to this congestion every transaction taking upto 24 hours to execute. This happens due to huge transactions from ICO companies to distribute the coins to their clients as many ICO's over last week.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████