Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Contact theymos for refund.  (Read 1188 times)
john_nalpa (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:28:21 AM

ok, so I bought this account and did scam. Now if you need your money back contact theymos for refunds because he is responsible for it.
on one hand he implemented Trust system to stop scammers and on other he's giving them a chance to do more scams.

Going to buy a another account now.

Have a nice day.

Regards
Your anonymous friend.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 10:39:15 AM

To reduce scam != To stop scam
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:52:51 PM

The logic behind OP's post is flawless.
Moogle

Activity: 238

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:42:33 PM

The OP makes a valid point though. I don't understand why accounts are allowed to be openly sold on here

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:47:57 AM

The OP makes a valid point though. I don't understand why accounts are allowed to be openly sold on here

I don't speak for Theymos, but this question has been asked enough that I have the answer pretty well memorized.

Account selling is allowed for the same reason having multiple accounts is allowed. Because theres absolutely no way that we can 100% enforce account selling and multi account use. By making it openly known that it is allowed, people can stay vigilant. If we decided to crack down on account selling and multi account users, people would be lulled into a false of security, and those that slipped through the cracks could do more damage.

As it is now, everyone is aware that anyone could be a purchased account, so people tend to look for things like, old accounts that haven't been active in a while, and differing behavior than normal.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:03:09 PM

So your account was sold/hacked/whatever and you blame theymos.

wat ._.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:05:28 PM

wat ._.

idiot

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:15:36 PM

wat ._.
No, he bought the account and used it to scam people, and he's telling his victims to blame theymos, under the theory that "it's not my fault that I did bad things, it's theymos' fault for not stopping me". Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:15:56 PM

wat ._.

I think what the op is trying to say is that since the purchase of accounts is allowed by theymos he is the one responsible for the damage done by accounts that are purchased. I totally agree with SaltySpitoon that if theymos blocked the purchase of accounts it would give people a false sense of security.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:37:56 PM

I don't speak for Theymos, but this question has been asked enough that I have the answer pretty well memorized.

Account selling is allowed for the same reason having multiple accounts is allowed. Because theres absolutely no way that we can 100% enforce account selling and multi account use. ...

I never quite got that logic.  You can't catch all the scammers either, why not legalize scamming?
If this sort of logic shows anything, it shows way too much -- if every criminal can't be caught, crime should be legalized.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

The thing I am surprised about is that the OP has a "scammer" tag - I thought that they were no longer given out (am pretty sure that I have read posts from other mods stating that)?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:47:17 PM

The thing I am surprised about is that the OP has a "scammer" tag - I thought that they were no longer given out (am pretty sure that I have read posts from other mods stating that)?

They are still being given out, thanks to John being an admin, now.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:58:47 PM

and also because joey was creating so many alts that even he had a problem keeping track of all of them Grin
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:06:50 PM

Thanks - didn't know that - probably a good thing (if he can keep up with them all).

Although of course it does beg the question "if you can't find and label 100% of scammers then why label any at all"?

Grin

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:22:57 PM

Thanks - didn't know that - probably a good thing (if he can keep up with them all).

Although of course it does beg the question "if you can't find and label 100% of scammers then why label any at all"?

Grin

Nah, I can't really keep up with all atm. However, I do label those which is painfully obvious (to the point of stupidity) like Joey to keep him from trying and cluttering the forums. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: