Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 02:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to purchase XRP from BTC?  (Read 108 times)
trelane (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:28:27 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 01:40:13 AM by trelane

[PLEASE DISREGARD - Would delete post but can't]

I'm trying to sort out how to convert BTC to XRP, ideally without providing sensitive information to websites (such as my driver's license or passport ID).

What I've done so far:
1. I've purchased some BTC at Coinbase.
2. I've looked into a XRP Wallet but there seems to be limited options right now. Gatehub seems decent but I find it a bit confusing.
3. I've also looked into an exchange. Someone recommended GDAX but I don't think it supports XRP.

Questions:
1. In terms of a wallet, my understanding is the wallet is just an ID; nothing magical. So is there recommended desktop software (Windows) that would be a good choice?
2. For Gatehub, I have a "disabled" wallet. Gatehub says I need to provide 20 XRB to activate but still gave me an address to send XRB to. What would happen if I used the address? Would 20 XRB be deducted from the transfer?
3. Are there legitimate exchanges for BTC to XRB?

Thanks!
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:43:26 AM

Hi!

1) the recommended wallet is called Toast Wallet, Goggle for it.

2) It is at the moment a requirement of Ripple. The first deposit must be of at least 20 XRP and at the moment, that sum is locked and must stay in the wallet, they don't get deducted. Eventually Ripple may change the rules and unlock them or require a lower amount to be locked.

3) use shapeshift.io, it is totally anonymous and has a very good reputation
jrtaboraman

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:47:14 AM

For what I know, yes. It is required to maintain 20 xrp to your wallet to keep it active. You can also buy xrp from exchange like polo, bittrex etc. Transfer your BTC to exchange and buy xrp if you don't want to do it in coinbase. Once you created a wallet in gatehub you can download ripply (mobile app)
Ten.technology

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:20:45 AM

You can go to the trading floor eg http://www.binance.com/?ref=11990053
crypto1995

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:40:36 AM

I have ledger nano s and tried  to download the ripple on to the device...but ripple did not show up as a choice in the Ledger Manager. Can someone please help. I tried to contact Ledger with no success.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:36:44 AM

many exchanges are available for pair btc to xrp. you can see it here.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets
if you do not want a headache for account verification, maybe you can try the binance and the withdrawal limit is also quite large (2btc per day). https://www.binance.com/trade.html?symbol=XRP_BTC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: