Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain S3+ config  (Read 135 times)
CountyJailer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:25:33 AM

Hey y'all,

So I bought a Antminer S3+ from eBay. I am able to access the miner via username and login.

I can add pool / worker info.

However, the miner doesn't connect to the pool and start mining.

On the "Miner Status" window:

There is a "Summary" box that shows "Elapsed, GH/S(avg), FoundBlocks, LocalWork, Utility, WU, BestShare

Then there is a Box labeled "pools" This is where the pool URL, Username, Status, Diff, GetWorks, Priority, Accepted etc info is displayed.

I followed the manual step by step. I "Saved and Applied" when I was supposed to.

Pool info was inputted correctly.

However the miner doesn't connect to the internet it seems like.

I connect via ethernet cable to access the miner then I connect the miner back to the router.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Would someone be willing to help me through this and email me pictures of each tab in their antminer?

If you do please for the love of God hide worker names and passwords, wallet address.

Thank you for your time in reading this and for those that offer to help THANK YOU.

https://imgur.com/GudYjyJ
https://imgur.com/vF1qZgr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Travis726

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:19:08 PM

I doubt I'll be of any help. but to set it up you are running an ethernet wire from your pc to the miner? I only have an s5, but with it, you connect it to the router, then use an app to find what ip its on, (or check router settings), and put that address in a browser to set it up...
Travis726

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

try to plug the antminer into the router, wait a couple minutes then put 192.168.1.99 into a browser (that is on the same network)

Default pass and nick are probably both "root" (without quotations)

edit: if that is what you are/were doing wrong I gotta say it's kinda sad no one replied. It's like people see old hardare and just ignore it. I recently made a post asking about my s5 and got crickets also.. Anyway, good luck, hopefully you figured it out a couple days ago, and if not are lucky and this was your fix...
CountyJailer (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

Here is where it gets weird...to me that is

I did something(I have no idea what) somehow a window popped up and said my ethernet wasn't configured to DCHP. Click ok to fix. I clicked ok.

BAM the thing started mining.

Well I then was no longer able to access the miners BIOS...if you will via the default IP. I factory reset...and now all I get is a continuous red blinking LED light. The fan spins up slowly when powered on then stops. However, the LED light continues to blink and factory rest doesn't do anything.

Summary: It started working, couldn't access miner through default IP, Factory reset, now just a blinking red LED light.
Travis726

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:21:00 AM

Here is where it gets weird...to me that is

I did something(I have no idea what) somehow a window popped up and said my ethernet wasn't configured to DCHP. Click ok to fix. I clicked ok.

BAM the thing started mining.

Well I then was no longer able to access the miners BIOS...if you will via the default IP. I factory reset...and now all I get is a continuous red blinking LED light. The fan spins up slowly when powered on then stops. However, the LED light continues to blink and factory rest doesn't do anything.

Summary: It started working, couldn't access miner through default IP, Factory reset, now just a blinking red LED light.

The factory IP changes (there is no one default network ip) At least there isnt on the s5. either that or dhcp assigned it a new one I bet.... Mine started at 192.168.0.25, and after having it unplugged a while switched to .14.  . . I bet you could have used ip searching software, or looked up what IP it was on through your router at that point.. I have no idea what the blinking red light may mean though....
Travis726

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:34:13 AM

actually, the factory reset probably just knocked out your pool config and needs to be re added.. What model router do you have?  Sorry it took so long to respond....  you should look up your routers default ip and user name and password. There you can look up what devices are connected and what ip they are attached to.

bitmain also have software that scans for your miner although I have never tried it (easy enough to look it up through router)   https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720160906053730999PVD2K0vz0693
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: