Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:38:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: exchanges with their own coin/token vs those without  (Read 169 times)
zenyfomax1 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:44:32 AM

would you guys consider exchanges that have their own tokens/coins (e.g. kucoin with their kucoin shares, binance with their binance coin) to be generally more trusted/credible, or less, or it doesn't matter much? especially when their own coins contribute the largest trading volume, i always wonder is the volume made-up or inflated (because we never know).
totwotoo2

Activity: 34
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:31:54 AM

would you guys consider exchanges that have their own tokens/coins (e.g. kucoin with their kucoin shares, binance with their binance coin) to be generally more trusted/credible, or less, or it doesn't matter much? especially when their own coins contribute the largest trading volume, i always wonder is the volume made-up or inflated (because we never know).

hell yes. just look at the value of binance...up up and away.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:44:14 AM

No, I don't think just because an exchange has it's own coin it means it is more trustworthy or legitimate, look at Bittrex as an example they do not have their own coin and is one of the best exchanges.

I can understand why some exchanges have their own currency but it doesn't bear relation to the trustworthiness of the site.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:45:43 AM

To be honest i have started liking the exchange based tokens, recently kcs, bnb and coss tokens have created millionaires, a new one cob can also be the next big one.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:46:01 AM

You can also check coss.io. 50% split fee is given for all the coins/tokens traded on their exchange. You can store the token in your eth wallet and link it to coss wallet to get weekly payout. It's like mining for just holding the token  Grin

zenyfomax1 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:53:20 AM

To be honest i have started liking the exchange based tokens, recently kcs, bnb and coss tokens have created millionaires, a new one cob can also be the next big one.

yes, but the price is too easy to manipulate right?
Shpongled

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:55:45 AM

I don't think it really matters but at least this can lead to more proximity to the team behind the exchange, so I'd wager it can't be worse to have a token for the exchange.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

hell yes. just look at the value of binance...up up and away.
Binance started to get a lot of attention, it's not unexpected for Binance Coin price to rise, and also Binance Coin is useful for day traders because it greatly reduces the fee for trading so it will make day-trader friendly.
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 10:58:14 AM

These encrypted currencies are highly concentrated on the exchange. So they are centralization exchanges. The volume of transactions will be controlled artificially.

themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:00:36 AM

If that's the case you should check out coinmetro.com.  Launch of a crypto exchange by a company that is an FX Broker (FXPIG).

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:57:15 AM

Helpful thread, as I'm studying DEXes.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:13:09 PM

I would advise you to buy and keep these coins in your portfolio. Binance may become the number one exchange in the world in the future.
  Did you hear the term "unicorns" companies? "Unicorns" are startups whose estimated cost increases to the amount of one billion dollars or more in the period up to 5 years. According to Insider Pro, WhatsApp messenger for about two years was to reach $1 billion, Uber is about 2.2 years, manufacturer of Tesla electric cars – a little more than four years. You to understand the standard companies from the Fortune 500 list had about 20 years to reach the capitalization of $1 billion. Binance for six months reached the level approaching two billion dollars.
  In addition, if you use this exchange, then using the BNB token, you can save on commissions. I hope my opinion will help you.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: