Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather have 100 ETH or have 1M token worth also $100k  (Read 228 times)
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:08:42 PM

I'm just thinking of whether which token to keep if you are in my shoe right now. Lets say you have 1M token which is worth  $100K but is gradual in the development so yoU have a chance to move your tokens to ETH and to just retain as is. Which would you choose?
I will keep 1 million token rather than 100 ethereum but honestly crypto looks so difficult to predict where that will be going on, the fact that ethereum gained a lot of attention due to the hardfork in 19 january. So many people are talking about that right now and it may better to divide your amount. 50k for token and the rest for ethereum and you can participate in the hardfork to get free coin too.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bithuner

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:06:36 PM

I would rather have the ETH as it is more stable and I have more flexibility of investing into other ICO's.
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:11:00 PM

Its always a good move to divide your investments into halfs.i suggest you get atleast 30% ethereum and 70% in new tokens,but you need a deep research for you to be sure that it will be massive in the next months.

btctube (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:23:40 PM

That depends on the tokens you have. If you have, for example, worthless tokens that seem to have no future development or progression, then just convert them to ETH and hold it for the long term. However, if the coins you have have the potential to grow or increase in value, let's say if they have active developers on their team and a well-written project roadmap, then do not convert it and likewise, just hold it until its price rises.

Lets just say that 1M token is worth $100K and every time the price rise a cent you get to earn $10K, would you be picking up ETH to be on the safer side or chose to keep your 1M token worth $100K?

Its a situation where having ETH is something to brag about while having the 1M token is something that will make you unimportant.
georgeforeham

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:06:44 PM

Personally I would prefer to have the ETH just because it allows me more flexibility, although don't get me wrong, either are not a bad thing!
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:18:05 PM

If the token project is legit I will hold it as a token as it is, because new project wit good potential will eventually blow up like 100-1000x. Unlike ETH which worth $1000+ already, going like 10x is very long journey. You will have more ETH by selling the token at good pirce at that time while ETH price is increasing as well, double profit is better than single Grin

LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:31:55 PM

If I were you I would divide what I have into two tokens 50% and the remaining 50%, so I can have both coins and wait for the progress.

real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:10:48 PM

I'm just thinking of whether which token to keep if you are in my shoe right now. Lets say you have 1M token which is worth  $100K but is gradual in the development so yoU have a chance to move your tokens to ETH and to just retain as is. Which would you choose?

I would choose 100 ethereum. Because I think it is the best altcoin and its price have a good stability in that very fluctuate cryptocurrency world. It has finally started to show its potential in the near past and I hope that its price continue rising.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:14:52 PM

I need safety in my investments and risky choice is not what I have in my mind when I invest, so I would choose eth, I predicted eth could survive for a long time and able to generate profit slowly but stable, and also eth can get bigger and bigger in the future due to the potential it got
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:17:07 PM

Of course this totally depends on the token you are holding,if it is one with a very solid team working on a game changing product then your best bet is to hold much of it if not all.Otherwise just buy some ethereum and hold for long term.

Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:18:12 AM

This will depend on the token i want to smash $100k on, if the token will be huge and at the long run make better profile than keeping my ethereum.
Draguny

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:03:34 PM

if I could choose the tokens myself, always the tokens! so much more room to grow and more easy, too
waghops

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:11:40 PM

Eth for the long term HODL.
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:15:51 PM

To be honest, I'd reather have other coins that would be worth $100 000 rather than just having Ethereum. I am talking about right now, as there are a lot of other coins with great potential.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:31:12 PM

In the present time nothing is safe. So I prefer the popular and much improvement. I prefer the ethereum. We now see how powerful the ethereum is and that it has now risen by 0.095 would have continued. And we see what we believe

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
MadaraAvenger

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:47:08 PM

if that token have a real product and a real future for the crypto then I would preffer to take the risk and hold the token but only If I knew for sure that it's gonna survive the next 3 years in cryptos. Better go and check VESTARIN ICO --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2701796.msg27621449#msg27621449

Desperaboss

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

It depends on the token. 1M of the same token is too risky and I would prefer ETH. 1M in various token seems to be the better investment due to diversification.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: