Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:38:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner help  (Read 15033 times)
TYDIRocks (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:51:35 PM

Hello, I was overclocking my card yesterday and now GUIMiner won't show. It'll open and show itself in the task bar but there isn't any GUI. My card isn't even overclocked right now and it's still doing that. Please help!

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 05:43:15 PM

In Guiminer's options menu is an option "start minimized". If you checked that at some point, then it will behave just as you describe.

When minimized, you have to either double-click the tray icon, or right-click the tray icon and choose "restore", to bring up the GUI. If you don't see it on the screen when it is restored, it is possible that the GUI's location has been moved off the screen. Guiminer doesn't remember the screen location where it was last opened, so to reset the screen location, you can simply right-click on the tray icon, close Guiminer, and restart it to get it back in the default screen location.
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:23:12 PM

I didn't set that option, and that isn't what happening. I told you, the icon is shown in the task bar (where you see firefox, etc.) It is just as if it is invisible. And I've tried opening and closing a million times.
I've already re downloaded and restarted and both have done nothing.

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:24:20 PM

What OS?  Is your start menu on the bottom of the screen, or somewhere else?  You might try moving it to the bottom of the screen and double-clicking again.  MS WinXP will start a window a little bit higher each time it is closed on certain programs for me, and if it is kept maximized, I don't notice this, but when I go to restore, it disappears because it moved up a bit each time.  I get them back by right-clicking on the taskbar icon and clicking move, followed by moving the mouse (without clicking, then clicking to release where I want the window).  That only works when move is an option, though, and if your icon is in the tray, that isn't an option.  To try this, you could look for a config file / registry entry to make it show on the taskbar.
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:25:21 PM

I have windows 7 and my taskbar is on the bottom of the screen

OldChap

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:29:48 PM

Do you have more than one card in this rig?
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:30:55 PM

Nope, I have one 6950.

OldChap

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:43:17 PM

sounds like your desktop is bigger than your screen but with only one card....Hmmmm

I'm not sure about this, I was a nvidia guy for too long, take a look at what shows up in screen resolution, particularly, if you see more than one showing (thinking of the dual dvi out and its effect on windows)
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:57:22 PM

I've already tried lowering my res and that doesn't do anything either Sad

Forte

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:05:44 PM

When in doubt. re-install GUI miner.
pixilated8

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:12:16 PM

If it is just hiding off of the screen, use this method to drag it back onto your visible desktop.  First, try this...

• Open up a folder (Documents, Libraries, whatever) and click elsewhere to lose focus (we're doing this to simulate your missing GUIminer window)
  • In the taskbar, left-click once on the folder icon so it gains focus
  • Now, press "ALT-Space" (you will see a menu appear on the folder)
  • Press "M" to choose the Move option (your cursor will now turn into four arrow points).
  • Press any of the cursor keys once (this will move your folder on the screen and it will be captured by the mouse)
  • Move your mouse about and you will see the folder moving with it
  • Left-Click to "drop" the folder onto your desktop

If you got all that to work properly, and you understand what is going on, try it with your GUIminer icon. 
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:30:37 PM

Thank you so much that worked! If I had bitcoins I'd give you some Tongue

pixilated8

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

Glad it worked for you!  Smiley
pixilated8

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:32:55 PM

TYDIRocks messaged me that when he restarts GUIminer, the window is again off of the screen.  Here's a couple solutions:

• After using the above method to get your window back on the screen, menu File -> Save settings
  • Modify the .ini file:
    Close your GUIminer (make sure you close the one in the tray also, don't know how many times I've had two or three instances running before I remembered to close those, too).

Look here:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\poclbm\

and double-click: poclbm.ini

towards the end of that file I found this:
        "window_position": [
        ]

I'm guessing yours are such that it appears off of the screen.  Change yours, save it, and re-start GUIminer.  Hopefully it will be on your screen now.
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:35:44 PM

Thanks! Now I just need to find out how to overclock this dang thing correctly >.< Been makin me rage.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 11:54:01 PM

TYDIRocks messaged me that when he restarts GUIminer, the window is again off of the screen.  Here's a couple solutions:

• After using the above method to get your window back on the screen, menu File -> Save settings
  • Modify the .ini file:
    Close your GUIminer (make sure you close the one in the tray also, don't know how many times I've had two or three instances running before I remembered to close those, too).

Look here:

]

I'm guessing yours are such that it appears off of the screen.  Change yours, save it, and re-start GUIminer.  Hopefully it will be on your screen now.

I wonder if he's got a dual gpu fake screen going, and the miner likes to go the second screen without a monitor plugged into it...
TYDIRocks (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 01:55:40 AM

Nah, I checked my resolution window in Win7 and it didn't show 2 screens.

ChupacabraHunter

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Chupacabra = Corrupt Gov't,Lies and Fraud

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:20:50 PM

• Modify the .ini file:

Look here:

]

HEEEY, THANKS!  I had the same problem.  These were the numbers in my ini file:

]

so even using the right-click>move made no difference because I couldn't move 32000 over to see the window as I moved the cursor around.

Thanks.  I changed the numbers to what you had, and voila!

alon944

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:38:12 AM

Grin i found a easy solution to this,all it is a series of clicks.i originally had this problem after i started to overclock my 6970 and i found this,after reading it,it made me aware that this could be a minimizing problem.so here is the steps to do it.

1.Have GUI miner open in the task bar (double click it or right click and hit restore if it is in the tray)
2.Now here's the problem,GUI wont show so what you need to do is take your mouse and hover over the Bit-coin (BTC) symbol for GUI in the task bar, a sub menu will appear and it will have a little red X
3. right click the sub menu and there is options to maximize,click it and the entire GUI miner should fill the screen so even if it is in a small location of the screen,it will fill it up so you can have access to it.
4.now i will be honest I'm not exactly sure if this step is necessary since i cant recreate the problem right now,but this is what worked for me Smiley go to options and click "start minimized"
5.Then go to file and click save settings (Number 4 might be able to be skipped,someone can test it if they want Wink  now completely close GUI ,not minimized lol then try to open a new client and see if that fixes the problem. In theory what this does is overwrites the poclbm.ini file and puts in a correct settings you can uncheck start minimized after you click save settings if you want

i found this solution within 5minutes of looking,so if it doesnt work for you then please try everyone elses Cheesy i just think this one was the simplist and most straight forward one.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag141/alon944/submenu.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag141/alon944/appdata.jpg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: