Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:48:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get in on an ICO if you're in the United States?  (Read 139 times)
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:00:40 AM

Hi All, I see that a lot of ICO's require that you provide your passport and that you cannot be from the U.S.   Anyone have an idea on how to get around this?  Anyone use a template and just photoshop their photo onto a passport?
Tone147

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:01:46 AM

Hi All, I see that a lot of ICO's require that you provide your passport and that you cannot be from the U.S.   Anyone have an idea on how to get around this?  Anyone use a template and just photoshop their photo onto a passport?
I am a Chinese, and I face the same problem as you, so I can't participate in the ICO which requires KYC. I can only participate limit ip  ICO.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:02:27 AM

If you are from USA you cant join the ico.
CryptoNews1

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:13:14 AM

Use Tor browser easy to use and anonymous... or use SecurityKiss free VPN (limited)
davemanet (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:19:57 AM

Yes thank you I have used VPN before.  Some new ICO's require KYC (know your customer) requiring you send a passport photo.  Only then will they allow you to participate.  Is there any way around this?
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:21:00 AM

How can ICOs ask for a passport?? Isn't that an identity theft risk? Why would anyone be willing to send a copy of their passport to partake in an ICO?
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:39:45 AM

you should never lie because they can know if you get caught you can report it or it could be tricked because you lie unless you are honest to the ICO and you tell them that you are interested in the ICO they run and you can also promise to invest to help them make the ICO work
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:41:40 AM

Buying a VPN is a good way to avoid these problems, and you can participate in an ICO without KYC.
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:49:16 AM

I just wonder why you can not join on ICO If you are in the united states , maybe i missed some new about that.? There is a lot of ICO That don't need KYC, i guess you just need to choose those ICO that don't required KYC.
totwotoo2

Activity: 34
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:28:11 AM

nah, use a VPN
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:30:43 AM

nah, use a VPN

That will only work if the ICO doesn't require a KYC (know your customer) verification.  If that is required, you will need to submit a photo identification such as drivers license or passport to be able to participate in the ICO. 
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:31:25 AM

Isn't 0x ico open to us citizens? 0x is based usa as well. I think it depends on ico, if ico consider us laws when doing ico then maybe us citizens can participate in.
davemanet (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:16:53 PM

yeah this is why I'm trying to figure out a way to get in on ICO's that are close off to u.s. customers.  has anyone had luck photoshopping an id just to be able to participate in an ico?
iloveturtles

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:27:01 PM

I think you are going to struggle, If you really want to get involved you will need to avoid ICO's that are using KYC's and also get a good VPN. Doing this means though that if it goes wrong you won't be able to do anything legally because you lied about your nationality.

You could get someone else to invest for you?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: