Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:30:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An open message to Fireball.  (Read 772 times)
akwfleaspirit (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:59:11 PM

I made some posts detailing some negative experiences at icbit. In response you, "Fireball", sent me an email in which you said we could discuss the issue but you said you would block me if I was not respectful enough. You did not respond so I assume you blocked me. Thus I will address you publicly.

My complaints about icbit are detailed at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246845

I think most people would agree that icbit is not in the business of marketing genuine futures contracts. Rather they offer a platform to draw in people who are interested in trading derivatives, then those people are relieved of their money through a series of moves that the long term traders at icbit are familiar with and are willing to profit from. Specifically those practices include deliberate manipulation of contract prices in collusion with "Fireball" et al.

There are enough screenshots and other details on the first post, I think, to show that icbit is not an honest exchange and should be avoided by sincere traders.

Again, I lost about 20 btc at icbit. I asked for half of that to be returned to me.  Now I ask only for 25% of it. When 25% of what was lost is returned I will drop the matter. Til then I will make sure that anyone who looks at the wiki is at least made aware that there have been a number of people who have questioned the ethics of "Fireball" and the practices at icbit.

25% of what icbit got from me is about 5 btc
1HKLdZScnA6ooRBqPrJbZnf5o8sCMr5H42

The edits and deletions you make to the icbit wiki at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/ICBIT are dishonest. Until this matter is resolved I will continue editing to show that there are people who have serious concerns about your business. You are free to change the wording of the warning, and if it is truthful I will not change it. But as long as you continue removing the warning I will put it back up.

If you want to make an honest business you have a concept that could work, but if you continue cheating people and allowing sleazy practices you will not succeed.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:50:22 PM

Thanks for this. Any decent alternatives out there? Any experience with 796?
akwfleaspirit (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:09:34 AM

Thanks for this. Any decent alternatives out there? Any experience with 796?

Never heard of 796 until your post. After a few minutes looking at the website and so on I'm a little wary. Their marketing seems a little aggressive. I'll spend some more time researching them over the next few days.

Bitfinex has worked well for me so far. Every issue I've raised with them has been resolved quickly. There is a girl on this site MPOE something who says they are doing some kind of scam but I've seen no bad yet there. They offer 2.5 to 1 margin but you can extend that considerably. If you want an explanation of that let me know.

There are several sites that offer strange pseudo options. They promote heavily through affiliate programs and are some of the most obviously crooked operations on this planet. Far worse than icbit.

My best suggestion for the moment is bitfinex.

qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:30:59 AM

I've been on Bitfinex for a while too, but they don't offer futures contracts.
akwfleaspirit (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:13:09 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 10:10:08 PM by akwfleaspirit

Still no answer from Fireball.

Pages: [1]
  Print