Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Psychology of Traders  (Read 2800 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:47:48 PM

Well I cannot call them traders in the first place as trading involves a lot of risk and its not for people who are emotionally weak. I cannot that they are but if you really know how to trade and know how to read charts and predict what will happen afterwards you won't be panicking on what you will do and mostly you will not sell everything on a loss. Of course being a trader is risky but you can have yourself a back up plan when things goes south your way.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:49:44 PM

It's no bad psychological problem it's all about ignorance and lack of experience in trading. Most new users invest money to trading without doing a research, study, etc. and that's the big problem they don't know the different things may happen in trading some thought that if they invest in a certain coin and the value drops it means they're lost and they need to cut their loses.

So the problem here is ignorance and lack of knowledge... and impatience as well the number 1 rule in trading is 'Buy low and Sell high' so patience is needed here, i think most of the traders nowadays is looking for day trade because they want to earn money as fast as they can and when they invest to coin and the value drops they just sell them. So in order to be good at trading you should study, have experience and learn from it. But trading is very risky so invest only what you can afford to lose.
klaybbj (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:10:59 PM

It is the psychology but more importantly it is the emotions that get the best of us. This happens in every facet of life and trading is no different. When we lose we want to get out to stop the pain and when we win we want to book our profits. You must get a better mental state if wanting to achieve big things at trading cryptos imo!

The problem is when we lose we try to recover our lose with more positions in the same way and that make the lose more and more big, the best thing is to stop trading till we can analyse correctly without emotion of revenge from the market.
ruzadovec

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:13:48 PM

Psychology will decide whether you will be profitable or not. If you are a smart trade you will not be afraid to reduce and know how to sell profits and not greed.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:31:26 PM

It is the psychology but more importantly it is the emotions that get the best of us. This happens in every facet of life and trading is no different. When we lose we want to get out to stop the pain and when we win we want to book our profits. You must get a better mental state if wanting to achieve big things at trading cryptos imo!

I agree. I think everybody somehow succumbs on their feelings in terms of how to do their trades. It's human nature to try to be idealistic and always choose trades feeling that it will always succeed. I think many people are afraid of losing, that they become extra critical and vigilant with making trades, over analyzing things that actually in up worse. Also, I think many traders just try to wing things instead of getting enough information and studying things to guide them on what trade they should be making. To some, it is even like gambling that when they lose, they want to go at it immediately to try to win back their loses, again, without actually studying why they lost in the first place. It's just plain carelessness sometimes.

klaybbj (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:12:03 PM

Well I cannot call them traders in the first place as trading involves a lot of risk and its not for people who are emotionally weak. I cannot that they are but if you really know how to trade and know how to read charts and predict what will happen afterwards you won't be panicking on what you will do and mostly you will not sell everything on a loss. Of course being a trader is risky but you can have yourself a back up plan when things goes south your way.

As my experience in trading it will be accumulate with time, it's not easy to control our emotions and earn more profit is in our human system, even you have many years in this big sea it will not be easy to do that and this is the difference between an expert and novice. The loss can destroy all your plans if you are not ready to accept it  Shocked
Maxcrypto1990

Activity: 54
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

Many of the people that are entering the crypto markets now are not used to the volatility that comes along with investing in crypto. They panic when their coin drops and sell at a loss, instead of waiting for the coin to bounce, which happens very often in crypto.

I would advise all newcomers to stay away from margin trading and day trading. Find a few projects you like and believe in, and hold those coins. Try not to check your portfolio every 5 minutes, losses weigh much heavier on the mind than incremental gains do.

▶   MERCULET   || PUBLIC SALE START 7-14 APRIL 2018 ||
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR (https://merculet.io)
Telegram (https://t.me/Merculet)     Twitter (https://twitter.com/Merculet_io)     Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Merculet-347541915747100)     Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/merculet)     Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/merculet)     Linkedin (https://goo.gl/iJGsHS)
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

Bad psycology in trading is greedy and not patient.These 2 thing only bring big lose and not possible to gain consistent profit. Only trader who has good psycology and has good trading plan will able to make money in trading. Trading strategy technical and fundamental analysis only second rule to gain profit in trading and most important thing actually good psychology.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:55:04 AM

Why most of Traders have bad psychology of trading they keep lose more and more and can lost his account and they left quickly when operations is winning?
I have a friend that has win about 5 trade in a roll and wipe out his entire account in just a trade! I think cutting the winning trade too early and losing trade too late is one of the major habits of most unprofessionals traders. Trading is a game of skills and knowledge and you have to spend much time learning and develop your skills before start trading. This same psychology affect must of us from the beginning before leaning on how to be patients with open positions.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:19:24 AM

Its the idea of losing their hard earned money from their investments make it hard for them to think clearly. But mostly you won't be in this kind of stage if you are a trader who is prepared with backup plans as you won't really be surprised from sudden price movements instead everytime a price suddenly changes your plan will of course change as well to make it into your advantage. Trading is more than buying and selling as its more about you having a good plan for your entry and exit strategy.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:34:41 AM

Psychology will decide whether you will be profitable or not. If you are a smart trade you will not be afraid to reduce and know how to sell profits and not greed.
The trader's bad mentality is that he does not know how to stop at the right time and over-greedy. Not caught the market but invested then regretted what he was doing. I also made these mistakes so I understand it very well. These are errors that newcomers get caught up with.
reganvegan

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:36:44 AM

Why most of Traders have bad psychology of trading they keep lose more and more and can lost his account and they left quickly when operations is winning?

Did you just assume the imaginary trader's gender?  Wink
Soksuci

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

Mercy

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:50:34 AM

When it comes to money, many people can't be rational.

Panic sell and panic buy are the examples.
afrasiyab

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:54:30 AM

well it is like a gamble when you lose some, you want it to get it back and can't think properly and lose more until you lost everything.
Tongpinyhk

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:05:12 AM

In times of panic and market crash, it is difficult to have a right of mind. And usually greedy and ignorant ones are the ones that will be burned the most when the market crash.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:15:01 AM

Well for me, i don't agree with that reason "traders have bad psychology" because it can prevent this things happened again by controlling your emotions by providing your self to be calm if ever there is a changing or losing of value because this can create a fast decision making were it will make you upset in at the end. Set another side decision and study the flow where it can be made softly at right time.
klaybbj (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:56:07 AM

Well for me, i don't agree with that reason "traders have bad psychology" because it can prevent this things happened again by controlling your emotions by providing your self to be calm if ever there is a changing or losing of value because this can create a fast decision making were it will make you upset in at the end. Set another side decision and study the flow where it can be made softly at right time.

If with experience we can control our emotions that will reduce lose may be per 50% because bad money management is the first reason to lose money in the market.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:05:03 AM

psychology, i think it's only about emotional stability. Greedy and impatient that make us failed in trading. When the price up, sometimes we hope for higher. And when the price down, somtimes we impatient to sell it because we affraid we might loss so much.

I agree.  its all about their emotional state every time they execute trades. When they bought a coin on a certain price they monitor it but when they see the price dropping they tend to felt nervous 😂 until they sell it into low price. Same for the increasing price, they thought that it could go more than that but they saw the price dropped 😂 they place a sell order again.

bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:37:23 AM

If a trader can't control his/her emotion then day trading not for them as they tend to panic and would rather sell at lose than wait for the coin to recover, like myself I was that back then when I was still learning the market and new to crypto currency, I tend to get over excited invest into some already pump coin and ended up being a bag holder, seeing the price drops to 50% was a nightmare and worst feeling ever, prices fluctuate in an instant would cause panic and wrong decisions to new traders. So never let emotion affects your trading decision, as for me I never do day traded again cause I cant catch up with the bots. lol

Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:50:21 AM

Many traders fall into "bad psychology" but it only happens  if the trader uses his emotions rather than staying focus and being proactive.  It is human nature to be easily controlled by emotion specially when you engage in trading. Some people want to withdraw/sell their bitcoins while other wanted to continue trading to get back what they loss.  Those bitcoiners who controlled by their emotions while investing or trading often end up regretting when the bitcoin price increases or when the operation is winning.  When you experience losses, it is important not to loss confidence and not to be upset.  Calm yourself.  Never ever think of quitting.  Remember that those who are expert in trading also suffer losses but they do not quit that is why they become rich. You have to study the flow and right timing is important.  Through that, you will not fall again in "bad psychology".
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: