Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TorATM - Buy & Sell anonymously real-time p2p cash-in-mail exchange with escrow  (Read 1680 times)
Seed (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:50:00 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 05:17:56 PM by Seed

TorATM can be considered a cross between MtGox and the Money section of Bitmit or SilkRoad. We provide a trading engine that automatically matches your order to the best market price. Allowing you immediately match up for cash-in-mail exchange between users with escrow.

You can review each potential order and cancel and be re-matched until you successfully complete you order. Larger orders are matched with several smaller orders until they are completely matched or cancelled.

We use a web-of-trust relational rating system, where members can relate to one another and share increases and decreases in trust proportional to their distance.

We recently have opened up EUR, CAD, GBP, AUD and USD markets.

We except to open more as we translate our site to other languages, please contact us if you are interested in helping with translations. We pay in bitcoins.

We take precautions to delete transaction details after a short period and will protect our communities privacy at all costs, allowing you to buy or sell bitcoins without having a bank account. This service seeks to allow anyone with access to tor and a twenty dollar bill, soon in any currency, increasing overall access to bitcoins.

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to check this thread and answer them.

Seed
TorATM Staff
http://toratm3dhalotm3f.onion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omegaflare

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:52:51 PM

You're new here.. so we will take this as a grain of salt.

Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:36:36 PM

You're new here.. so we will take this as a grain of salt.

As you should, the site is still new and the community is still growing and making small trades to build trust with each other. It would not be wise yet to try to make large trades at this stage, but it is worth signing up and looking at because our system is unique and the site is well built. Looking around you will quickly see a lot of time has been invested in building this project and it is not a scam to make a quick coin.

We recently added an AUD market to our exchange.
stl4jsp

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:31:54 PM

saying your going to go buy off the silk road is a nice way to let the dea knock down your door....
Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:29:17 AM

saying your going to go buy off the silk road is a nice way to let the dea knock down your door....

I think you misunderstood, no one ever said that in this thread. I was simply making a comparison to help illustrate the unique service we provide.

However it should be mentioned we are an anonymous service. We put our service on the Tor Network so we can make the guarantee to our user base that we will never give up their data or transaction details to any authorities.
Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:20:02 PM

We have implemented a unique password recovery system that uses your public key you are required to provide when you sign up to encrypt a token that can be used for 24 hours to reset your password. This provides much better security and reliable password recovery over the other options being used by other hidden services.
Maui

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:44:54 PM

We have implemented a unique password recovery system that uses your public key you are required to provide when you sign up to encrypt a token that can be used for 24 hours to reset your password. This provides much better security and reliable password recovery over the other options being used by other hidden services.

Establish trust on here before linking to your sites on the Dark Web. You also don't have to continuously bump your thread. Add to the original post or last comment.

Click on my trust and select "Untrusted Feedback" for all my ratings.
Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:54:20 PM

Establish trust on here before linking to your sites on the Dark Web. You also don't have to continuously bump your thread. Add to the original post or last comment.

You are not trading with me, and I don't plan on ever making trades on these forums. So I think you misunderstand the service being provided, I'm simply advertising the service so people know that it is available option. I first joined these forums when bitcoin was worth pennies, but for obvious reasons I cannot use that account to advertise this hidden service.

If I adhered to your logic I would never be allowed to talk about it, so I don't think I'm going to follow your advice.

I will also bump my thread as I see fit when changes are made, if moderators have an issue they will let me know.
cosmicboy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:59:19 PM

Good idea. Maybe it's me but I found your site to be very confusing.  You should write up a tutorial on how to use it.

cb
only

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 07:17:27 PM

Love the idea, why don't you take it to the clearnet, doesn't seem to be that illegal..

Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:55:07 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 07:09:51 PM by Seed

Love the idea, why don't you take it to the clearnet, doesn't seem to be that illegal..

We were considering building a clear net portal like SilkRoad originally did, but this is still in discussions. But I think you raise a very important point, so I want to elaborate on our reasoning.

What TorATM proposes to do is illegal because we do not keep any records. We do not ever want to be in the position where we can be asked to give up transaction or user details to tax authorities or law enforcement. It is not an accident that this site suddenly appeared when US and other government regulation looms over Bitcoin.

There are no banks involved with our service, and since we don't keep records it could be argued our service is laundering money. With legitimate sites like MtGox having 2.9 million dollars confiscated and and the slightly less legitimate Liberty Reserve shut down completely we felt it would be safer for us and our community if we built it on the Tor network.

We think it is only a matter of time, if it hasn't happened already and they were gagged, that LocalBitcoins and sites like it will be pressured to give up their user records and transaction details since it has become the primary way for many SilkRoad users to convert currency.  If this ever happens, and they don't keep any records like us, they will find themselves in serious legal trouble.

So in essence, if you have a reason to justify making a lot of Bitcoins, and are looking to just cash out and transfer that directly to your bank account, account for where it came from and pay the associated taxes, this site really isn't for you.

This was initially designed for people who find themselves with so many Bitcoins that if they cashed out and put them all into their bank account they would immediately get flagged and investigated by the IRS because they have no business or legitimate explanation for the source of the money. At the same time it increases access to Bitcoins by providing a way for people without bank accounts to buy Bitcoins easily at market value.

If you have any critique of our reasoning we would appreciate you sharing it, because we are trying to provide a service that is works for the community and increases access.

Good idea. Maybe it's me but I found your site to be very confusing.  You should write up a tutorial on how to use it.

cb

We do recognize this issue, and while we do have a guide located at http://toratm3dhalotm3f.onion/guide, it would be really helpful if you could let us know about any specific confusion you have with the site so we can clarify and improve those parts of the guide or UI.

Our work to improve our UI and usability is never complete. Any suggestions are appreciated and we often pay out Bitcoins for bugs reports and suggestions we end up using.  
Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:15:04 PM

We updated the guide, but if anyone is interested we are paying bitcoins for further editing. PM me for details or contact feedback on the site.
Seed (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:02:03 PM

We are interested in hiring people for bitcoins to translate our site into Mandarin and Cantonese. Send a private message or contact us on the site if you are interested.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:13:16 AM

Deposited 1 BTC to test this. 8 confirms later still no sign of it in my wallet.

Thoughts?

BTC Long.
Seed (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:00:32 PM

Deposited 1 BTC to test this. 8 confirms later still no sign of it in my wallet.

Thoughts?

We had a misfiring background job that has since been cleared up and should not happen again.

If you have any issues with the site please contact the support staff through the site using the feedback button at the bottom of every page and you should get a quick response. These threads aren't really managed enough to provide reliable support here. We will try to add information on the sidebar about site support.

We are still looking for Mandarin or Cantonese translators.  
Spicethe

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:38:58 PM

r u atill looking for mandarin/cantonese translators?  How much u pay?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: